Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

11 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Doesn't the fact that you have to be in a state which allows online gambling to online gamble go without saying?

Well, even our small gambling thread had a member ask how to place a bet and his state ise not one of the eight, so there are millions of people who think they can just download an app and place a bet only to be prohibited. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Ah, yes.  Football “in the purest sense.” No big paychecks.  :rolleyes:

What a scumbag. 

Wonder if he subscribes to the "$500k a year is middle class" economic theory that our politicians do.

22 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Wonder if he subscribes to the "$500k a year is middle class" economic theory that our politicians do.

I mean when you consider the NFL minimum is $630,000, $500,000 is below football minimum wage. 

37 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Well, even our small gambling thread had a member ask how to place a bet and his state ise not one of the eight, so there are millions of people who think they can just download an app and place a bet only to be prohibited. 

Ignorance of the law is no excuse for not following it...

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Wonder how much he's being paid.

Doesn't really matter...and think about this one, the players are getting paid to play football too. Obviously not NFL level salaries or even close, but these young men get to continue pursuing their dreams, play a game they love and make a pretty decent salary to boot. Definitely a better salary than most of them would be making out of the gate with just their college degree.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:12 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:
On 2/4/2019 at 1:36 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

I still don't know which team I'm going to root for. I guess I'll root for San Diego because I liked Mike Martz when he was with the Rams, and I'm really happy that the city will have a new football team to embrace.

I will root for Atlanta for the most appropriate reason: because they have the best uniforms.

It looks like I will have to find another team to root for, because I just found out that one of the coaches for Atlanta is Michael Vick.  Dang.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, Skycast said:

Doesn't really matter...and think about this one, the players are getting paid to play football too. Obviously not NFL level salaries or even close, but these young men get to continue pursuing their dreams, play a game they love and make a pretty decent salary to boot. Definitely a better salary than most of them would be making out of the gate with just their college degree.

Nobody has a problem with that, only with his “they’re doing it for the love of the game, not the money” nonsense.

It’s good they’re being paid. They should be. 

Vick said in April that he would serve as offensive coordinator under his old coach Brad Childress. Childress later left the Legends, and there was an initial report that Vick was leaving too. But the Legends then said Vick was staying. Now it’s official: Vick is not the Legends’ offensive coordinator, and those who wonder if the AAF is ready for prime time are justified in thinking this is awfully late in the preseason to make that official.

Indeed. 

16 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Well, if you have iOS, the app is available to you. 

And now it's out for Android. Installing it now and I'll edit this post with what my take on it winds up being after being hyped so much. So, forgive the imminent textwall.

EDIT: So, from what I've gathered, it appears that the app is meant to be more complimentary to the TV/website experience rather than actually watching the game live itself. They did make it somewhat interesting in that they gamified the app with some minor RPG elements for correctly predicting the next play. However, what purpose this has is unknown to me right now. You can change the name and avatar on your user ID, but the reason I mentioned this universal feature on every website with profiles represented by a picture and name is that so far you are restricted from choosing any avatar aside from the helmet/jersey of your AAF team of choice. The app also would link you to buying tickets/merchandise so pretty standard. One thing I did notice that may wind up being annoying is that the app cannot run in the background. I'll have to wait until Saturday before I can deliver anything substantial but it appears that they have may have bitten off more than they can chew on this. Not a major disappointment but still somewhat so far. That being said, considering that I was expecting a huge clusterscrew and not merely underwhelmed actually gives me more confidence that the AAF knows what it's doing. Guess I'm going to have to wait until Saturday to see if it does screw up massively. 

EDIT 2: My reading comprehension sucks. It looks like they are stating that there ARE going to be live games on the app. Let's see if they deliver on that.

6 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

What the heck is an offensive analyst?

He doesn't have a position group to be in charge of.  He's likely now just watching film and roves around during practice or watches the film. 

We have a staff member of the Legends here, but I don't think he'll say what is really goin' on. 

15 minutes ago, BengalErnst said:

No it means they’ll want his name still involved with the organization, he can help out with QBs here and there if he wants but he has no responsibilities. Vick will not be sitting around watching film lol

He's probably the equivalent to the coaches that go to Alabama to fix their profile but can't officially be on the field. So he'll watch film and help out at practices. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Before tonight, know that there are a list of defensive "restrictions".

From Pro Football Talk:

While scanning the AAF rulebook rulebook, the following restrictions on defensive formations stood out:

(1) no more than five players may rush on passing plays;

(2) any player who aligns on the line of scrimmage either prior to or at the snap is designated as one of the five players regardless of whether he rushes;

(3) no defensive player may rush from a position more than two yards outside the widest offensive lineman and more than five yards from the line of scrimmage (they’ll call it the “defensive pressure box”);

(4) a player is deemed eligible to rush if he has both feet inside the box at the snap;

(5) no more than four players may rush from the same side of the ball;

(6) adjacent linebackers may not rush from the same side of the ball; and

(7) two or more linebackers aligned between the offensive guards may not rush.

So, basically, up to five players can rush the passer and each of those five players must be aligned within two yards of the widest offensive lineman and five yards of the line of scrimmage. This means that there will be no corner blitzes. There will be no delayed blitzes from linebackers and safeties. There will be no double-A gap blitzes.

These limits expire if the person who takes the snap pretends to hand the ball off to another player, either via play action or a run-pass option, or if the ball leaves the tackle box. In those situations, for example, cornerbacks could crash toward the quarterback, or players more than five yards behind the line could try to rush into the backfield.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/08/aaf-puts-significant-limits-on-blitzes/

Archived