Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there an AAF rulebook somewhere? After that San Antonio interception, the defender who made the pick was never touched. Wouldn't the ball still be live and become a touchback or something after he just chucks it out of the endzone?

4 minutes ago, OMMF said:

Is there an AAF rulebook somewhere? After that San Antonio interception, the defender who made the pick was never touched. Wouldn't the ball still be live and become a touchback or something after he just chucks it out of the endzone?

It is basically the NFL Rulebook, with their own changes, like onside kicks. The rules were released late this week, so they may not have thought of every situation.

The AAF Reddit page likely has a thread with the said link, but look at pages 2-5 since there were two games tonight. 

10 minutes ago, OMMF said:

I would guess he can surrender himself when he goes down in the end zone. I've seen this allowed in the NFL as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

27 minutes ago, rainmaker17 said:

I like it, so far, but it feels strange without kickoffs.  I think the field position should at least have a chance to be improved (or worsened) by the returner’s decision.  Plus you never know when someone is going to bust one.

I keep thinking I've zoned out because of that. I'm surprised to see them adjust so quickly to the 25 second clock on offense. 

38 minutes ago, See Red said:

Two muffed punts in Orlando and I'm guessing from the low score out west, the QB play's been a problem.  Hopefully, the fans are more forgiving of some ugly play with the AAF than they were with the XFL.  Not having wrestling announcers and a more serious presentation in general probably helps, though.

Woodside threw 2 picks, one was a tip drill and the 2nd was he and the WR not on the same page inside the San Diego 20. He also had 2 overthrows and a pass offline that would've been TDs as well. I'm surprised how long it took Mike Martz to remember he has running backs. They didn't have any success running until the second half. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

MGM. the AAF's partner, had the following lines for tonight's games.

Atlanta vs. Orlando (-4), O/U 62.5
San Diego vs. San Antonio (-3) O/U 64.5

Tomorrow's games have to have a big adjustment because as of Thursday, they were:

Memphis @ Birmingham (-2.5) O/U 57.5

Salt Lake @ Arizona (-4.5) O/U 67.5

The football on national TV tonight was bad, the broadcast, while professional, was unremarkable outside of the terrible-sounding drops for swearing, and I don't know how the league progresses past that first impression.

I felt robbed when that last-minute INT meant we wouldn't get to see an onside non-kick.

Also, isn't the app just NTN QB1?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

32 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

MGM. the AAF's partner, had the following lines for tonight's games.

Atlanta vs. Orlando (-4), O/U 62.5
San Diego vs. San Antonio (-3) O/U 64.5

Tomorrow's games have to have a big adjustment because as of Thursday, they were:

Memphis @ Birmingham (-2.5) O/U 57.5

Salt Lake @ Arizona (-4.5) O/U 67.5

Books took a bath on the XFL early on from people betting the under, didn't they?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

AAF: We want to speed up the game with less commercials and shorter play clocks

Also AAF: We are going to tell you the game starts at 8 but make you listen to boring commentary for almost 40 minutes before the first game.

My guide on Hulu showed the pregame starting at 8:00EST and the actual game at 8:30.

20 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Glad to see that they've delivered not only on the football front but also the fact that they succeeded in getting the game time down to 2.5 hours. The app needs a lot more working on but I expect that to be improved throughout the season.

The app does have a rushed feel about it. I wanted to just see game stats but I had the option of watching the game live or playing the guess the play bit. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

The football on national TV tonight was bad, the broadcast, while professional, was unremarkable outside of the terrible-sounding drops for swearing, and I don't know how the league progresses past that first impression.

This is the first real negative post I’ve read about the play of the games.

Archived