This Is The Alliance Of American Football

M4One

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Are you familiar with the CFL?

True they offer more templates but a league just starting up will want to keep costs down and take the best known design as well. That mean Primeknit or Primeknit 1 if they go with adidas. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

No, but the CFL has Adidas AND regular mesh jerseys.. No ago stupid pattern

Okay. This isn’t the CFL. So there is a chance that, with Adidas, the “shockweb” would be a thing. Especially in a newer league that hasn’t established itself.

7 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

NFL is the only league without a 'non-plural noun or a collective noun' as a name.

And for all those that get on teams like "Maniax" or "LumberJax"... just remember the Red and White Sox.

Hardly analogous at all.  That's a headline shorthand created by newspapers to save column space, not a name created by a marketing agency to secure a trademark.

And those are plural nouns, albeit with unusual spelling, so MLB must be added to the NFL on your list.

39 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'd rather have original names than the same old animal names.  There are so many teams now its getting repetitive

They can follow minor league hockey's lead and a modifier to the front, like "Grass" or "Turf" or "Gridiron".

I'm thinking TurfTigers or GrassGators.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

So far, for every uniform mockup we have seen, we have matching Helmet/Jersey/Pants.  So with that, I will just add the number colors (or expected number colors) based on what we have seen in internet photos:

The-Alliance-of-American-Football-Sportsplayer1-bw.png?format=500wPlayerMontageOption2.jpg?format=1500wDbBnxu0XcAAwilh.jpg
1. Red (royal blue shoulder) - Royal Blue numbers/White outline

2. Royal Blue (red shoulder) - Red numbers/White outline
3. White (dark blue shoulder) - [guess] Dark Blue or Black numbers/White Outline
4. Black (powder blue shoulder) - [guess] Powder Blue numbers/White outline
5. Grey (dark grey/black shoulder) - Red numbers/White outline
6. Light Green (dark green shoulder) - [guess] Dark Green numbers/White

Since we know there are 8 teams, that leaves 2 more base colors.  We could easily guess powder blue and dark green, but that's too easy, so I will guess orange w/purple, and yellow w/green.

And also, we now know 3 cities: Orlando, Atlanta, Memphis, 2 of which were former USFL cities.  So that leaves 5 more.  Since we are going from Southeast to Northwest, and logically we need at least 1 Northeast city, I will put in my speculations: DC/Philly/Columbus OH, Austin TX, Omaha NE, Portland OR, Vegas/San Jose/Sacramento.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

They are really spacing out the team introductions.  I suspect they are trying to identify a big name with every team before they announce the location (Spurrier in Orlando, Vick in Atlanta), but they have promised that each team will have a name/identity.  I am just hoping that these generic AAF uniforms are just that, generic placeholders, and that eah team will have its own look.  The UFL-style one-template model does not work well. With only 8 teams they could even skip having home-away combos and just have one uniform each if they coordinate team colors well.  (See my Alternative History thread to see how I arranged just that.)

Archived