Utah Jazz

Lights Out

lpigHYf.png

I've always preferred Utah's '90s identity over their music note identity, so this is my latest attempt at updating it. As usual with my Jazz concepts, I went back to the '90s color scheme, but eliminated purple and promoted copper to primary status. The wordmarks draw inspiration from both their '90s uniforms and their 2000s uniforms. I did decide to keep their current City Edition uniforms relatively intact because I like them, and from my understanding, they're popular with Jazz fans.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

22 hours ago, Lights Out said:

FWIW, it's the exact same shade of copper they used in the '90s. Judging from pictures of their '90s uniforms in action, there would be more contrast between the copper and greenish-teal colors on the court than there is on the screen.

sPjEY8B.jpg

Yes but the dark purple used balances the colors, in yours it is two light colors, so we are suggesting darkening one.

Excellent!

You need purple as team continuity between the New Orleans holdovers and the Utah design. I normally don't like color changes, but I make an allowance for ditching the Mardi Gras colors as long as purple remains the base color. That was one problem among many with the 2004 redesign, the navy blue out of nowhere. Copper doesn't work as a base color, it has to be an accent.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 months later...

I like the city edition to be honest. For me, at least, there is too little diversity in colors. Utah "Jazz"(still think that name should return to NOLA) should either be mountain-y and cold, or colors of the desert but still being somewhat cold. Sorry for the bad english. Im been puzzling on 2k with Utah and Nola. Im following this thread for inspiration. 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

Archived