4 Major Sports Refresher - TB Rays 5/28

Luke13T

I'm back. Told you updates would be drawn out.

Team: Utah Jazz

League: NBA

Reason for Change: Boring

Ce91qVU.png

This one probably has the most thought behind it, but first let's talk about why I don't like the Jazz logo. If I had it my way, their logo from a few years back is a 1000 times better than their current logo. I personally think their old logo is also better than this. However, this is a series where I update logos I don't particularly like so I didn't want to just paste their old logo. It took me a while to put this together the way I wanted, but for what its worth, I'm happy with it. I kept the same color scheme and I used a music note like they do now. I also added five jagged lines in the background. The lines are to represent the mountains but double as a music staff. It's probably one of my more creative ideas so far. Please share your thoughts! 

I like your idea for the Jazz, but I think you should thicken the container for the wordmark, because, from a distance, the "Utah Jazz Basketball" doesn't scream. Also, go for a font that is not condensed. Other than that, I love this Jazz concept.

By the way, your Magic concept logo became 1000x better with the current colors. Great job!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 9:59 PM, edjb93 said:

I like your idea for the Jazz, but I think you should thicken the container for the wordmark, because, from a distance, the "Utah Jazz Basketball" doesn't scream. Also, go for a font that is not condensed. Other than that, I love this Jazz concept.

By the way, your Magic concept logo became 1000x better with the current colors. Great job!

Here is the Jazz with a different font, hopefully it's better.

cfJWvFW.png

Also I got to work on the Chiefs

Team: Kansas City Chiefs

Leagues: NFL

Reason for Change: Outdated

waJU6vV.png

It's a similar idea to what they have now, but more modern. The biggest problem I have with the Chiefs logo is it's black, red, and white with no yellow. Black is a pretty crucial I have come to realize with making this. I tried white but then it's three light colors but the black makes it pop. I really appreciate all the feedback so far!

As for the Chiefs, I'd be interested to see the background white and use the yellow as the highlight. 

The Magic, the third attempt, I think was the best idea for them. The extra colors don't really work. 

On ‎04‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, Luke13T said:

Here is the Jazz with a different font, hopefully it's better.

cfJWvFW.png

You used a font that I wanted to have. What's the name of that font?

Anyway, this is somehow improved. Just go for all caps, and for the "Basketball", change its orientation (from right-to-bottom to bottom-to-right, ala Detroit Pistons' flaming horse logo).

Honestly that jazz logo is as bland as the original but is a downgrade imo because it doesn’t have the history the current one does. I get what your trying to do with the lines but it honestly isn’t really anything crazy great. And the ring around it and don’t are too small if you wanted to per say put it on a hat.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 4/30/2018 at 8:13 PM, Heitert said:

As for the Chiefs, I'd be interested to see the background white and use the yellow as the highlight. 

The Magic, the third attempt, I think was the best idea for them. The extra colors don't really work. 

Here's the Chiefs w/ White and Yellow

1LghkD9.png

Let me know what you think. Personally, I like it more.

On 5/1/2018 at 3:27 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Honestly that jazz logo is as bland as the original but is a downgrade imo because it doesn’t have the history the current one does. I get what your trying to do with the lines but it honestly isn’t really anything crazy great. And the ring around it and don’t are too small if you wanted to per say put it on a hat.

As for the Jazz, I think I am going to take a break on them and come back. I really dislike the logo they have now. I definitely think they disservice themselves by changing from their previous logo.

LA Kings should be posted tomorrow!

Haha whoops, guess I lied about the Kings.

Team: Los Angeles Kings

League: NHL

Reason for Change: Uncreative

7pVMOuD.pngedpLF3A.png

I have two variations for this one. The second is more simple but personally I prefer the first one. I dislike the Kings logo because their name is the Kings and the only thing that has to do with royalty in their logo is a tiny crown on a shield. I took inspiration from their old crown logos and modernized the crown a little bit. I also made purple more prominent and returned yellow. C&C appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Team: Tampa Bay Rays

League: MLB

Reason for Change: Boring

A77awZt.png

For the Rays, I didn't think they needed a whole overhaul like the Kings but an update seems overdue. Here are two variations for the Rays. My biggest issue with the Rays current logo is the baseball diamond in the back. It's too tacky. I also wanted to incorporate their "ray" alternate logo because, well, they're the Rays. The top variation has the "sunshine" alternate logo moved from the "R" to the "S" because it's less cluttered that way. C&C really appreciated! Also, I am excited to be back!

Archived