4 Major Sports Refresher - TB Rays 5/28

Luke13T

I have been snooping around on here for a while and I am ready to give it a shot. Because I am getting on Spring Break right now, I decided I would do a project. I am going to be refreshing and redesigning many big four sports teams. Here's a list:

MLB

Baltimore Orioles      Tampa Bay Rays (Page 2)

Cleveland Indians      Minnesota Twins

Houston Astros      Los Angeles Angels      Oakland A's      Texas Rangers

New York Mets (Page 1)      Philadelphia Phillies (Page 1)

Cincinnati Reds      Pittsburgh Pirates

Los Angeles Dodgers      San Francisco Giants

NHL

Boston Bruins

New York Islanders      New York Rangers      Washington Capitals

Los Angeles Kings (Page 2)     San Jose Sharks

NFL

Cleveland Browns      Pittsburgh Steelers

Kansas City Chiefs (Page 2)

New York Jets

Indianapolis Colts

Green Bay Packers

Washington Redskins

NBA

Boston Celtics      Brooklyn Nets      Orlando Magic (Page 1)

Dallas Mavericks      Los Angeles Clippers      Los Angeles Lakers      Utah Jazz (Page 2)

Here's the first team

Team: Philadelphia Phillies

League: MLB

Reason for Update: Too much for too little

Cabao0w.png

The old Phillies logo is just too busy for no reason. I got rid of the baseball field outline and the underline. C&C Apperciated. Next team will be the Mets so stay tuned!

Here is the Phillies logo with a smaller outline:

EIu8Q95.png

Also the next team.

Team: New York Mets

League: MLB

Reason for Update: Still?

JarFdQu.png

Similar to the Phillies, I didn't change too much and the whole idea of the logo remain the same. I dislike their current logo because of how much is going on without any design elements truly popping. Also, the logo has been used, virtually unchanged, since 1962 and I think they need a change. C&C Appreciated!

Finally I am done with the next team. I had a very tough time with it and I am still not  100% satisfied with it so I would really like some help.

Team: Orlando Magic

League: NBA

Reason for Change: Boring

HW0vJ43.png

The old Magic logos are so boring especially what they use now. I decided to one, change the color scheme, two, change the font, and three, change the look of the logo. I decided to keep the ball in because it's in the rest of their logos.

6 hours ago, Luke13T said:

Finally I am done with the next team. I had a very tough time with it and I am still not  100% satisfied with it so I would really like some help.

Team: Orlando Magic

League: NBA

Reason for Change: Boring

HW0vJ43.png

The old Magic logos are so boring especially what they use now. I decided to one, change the color scheme, two, change the font, and three, change the look of the logo. I decided to keep the ball in because it's in the rest of their logos.

I would suggest going for a more unique color way, the lakers basically own purple and gold.

1 hour ago, Flames1fan said:

This is not really a redesign, more like a recolour each logo

I don't really understand. All three teams have different logos and both the Phillies and the Mets kept their colors. Not every team is getting a whole new identity but I am not just recoloring logos.

15 hours ago, Luke13T said:

Here is two more variations but with the old Magic colors. Updates are going to be a little bit spread due to me getting back in school.

3xhKvEW.png

Much better, nice work. This variation would make a cool primary. Not over the top, but still captures what the team name should.

Honestly, I like that you tried something different with the magic, and I think reverting back to the same color scheme is a wasted opportunity. I understand also the desire to not conflict with the lakers. I wonder how a magenta-ish shade would look in stead of the light blue? Dare to be different! 

5 hours ago, woody86 said:

Honestly, I like that you tried something different with the magic, and I think reverting back to the same color scheme is a wasted opportunity. I understand also the desire to not conflict with the lakers. I wonder how a magenta-ish shade would look in stead of the light blue? Dare to be different! 

I experimented with different colors and while I think magenta does look good, I get a Miami vibe rather than Orlando. So here it is with gold letters and a blue inner line:

NUcEuCW.png

Archived