MLB Players' Weekend Uniform Tweaks (UPDATE: Players' Weekend 2018 Tweaks)

coco1997

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Thanks for the shout! The reworked 'Stros is much better than what they trotted out last year. 

Thanks again for your tequila sunrise suggestion!

Today's team is the Kansas City Royals:

Royals_Players_Weekend_Template.png

The Royals had a pretty solid Players' Weekend look, so I didn't feel compelled to change it much. I color corrected both shades of blue and added a contrasting cap bill. 

The Angels are up next!

Next up are the LA Angels:

IMG_6864.png

I used the Angels' brighter, Disney era shade of red. I also worked some of the periwinkle from that era into the wordmark and cap logo. I decided to keep the non-arched version of their wordmark because I thought it worked well here. C&C appreciated!

The Dodgers will be up tomorrow!

On 4/5/2018 at 6:02 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I really like the Disney blue on both the jersey letters and the cap logo. Good work!

Thanks!

Next up are the Dodgers!

Dodgers.png

I had some fun with the Dodgers. I wanted to incorporate the red from their front numbers, so I decided to use their current alternate logo as their jersey wordmark. I also color corrected their royal blue and brought back their Brooklyn-era baby blue. C&C appreciated!

Miami is up next!

Today we have the Miami Marlins:

IMG_6893.png

For the Marlins, I opted to bring back their teal and used a white outline for the wordmark instead of black. I also went with a contrasting cap bill. I honestly wouldn't mind if the Fish wore something like this full time. As always, C&C appreciated!

The Brewers are up next!

On 4/7/2018 at 4:35 PM, Victormrey said:

Solid set after solid set! Marlins are stunning!

Thanks!

Sorry for the late post today, but hopefully it's worth it. Up next we have the Brewers!

Brewers.png

I wasn't a big fan of the Brewers' Players Weekend design, so I decided to take a different approach, embracing their throwback look. Blue and gold return, as well as their arched block wordmark and the BiG cap logo. C&C appreciated!

Twins are up tomorrow! 

P.S. I went back and added numbers to the Dodgers. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks!

Sorry for the late post today, but hopefully it's worth it. Up next we have the Brewers!

Brewers.png

I wasn't a big fan of the Brewers' Players Weekend design, so I decided to take a different approach, embracing their throwback look. Blue and gold return, as well as their arched block wordmark and the BiG cap logo. C&C appreciated!

Twins are up tomorrow! 

P.S. I went back and added numbers to the Dodgers. 

Looks fantastic,could we see a version with the early 90's script?

15 hours ago, TVIXX said:

Looks fantastic,could we see a version with the early 90's script?

Thanks! I'll try out a '90s version once I finish the whole series.

Today's team is the Twins:

Twins_Players_Weekend.png

For the Twins, I wanted to incorporate more gold, since their original PW design only used it on the cap. I made the outline on the wordmark gold and also added some gold to the sleeve and collar stripes. Big thanks to @Carolingian Steamroller for reproducing the cap logo. C&C appreciated!

The Mets are next!

23 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Any cap with Mr. Met gets a thumbs up from me!

Glad you like it!

Now to the other side of town with the New York Yankees!

Yankees_Players_Weekend.png

For the Bronx Bombers, I decided to use their excellent secondary logo in place of the more generic wordmark logo they actually used. I also gave them a contrasting cap bill and made the jersey numbers white instead of gray--I figure if any team can break the rule, it's the 27-time World Series champions. C&C appreciated!

The A's will be up tomorrow!

On 4/11/2018 at 4:23 PM, Paul Lucas said:

I hate that they participate in this, that said, your set is definitely an improvement.

I agree 100% with your sentiment. ;)

Next up are the Oakland Athletics!

Athletics_Players_Weekend.png

The A's design stays pretty much the same, except for one big difference: I decided to embrace the retro Kelly green and gold they brought back this year. C&C appreciated!

The Phillies and Pirates will be up tomorrow!

The next two teams in the series aren't changed much, so I'm being generous and posting both today. ;) Here are the Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates:

Phillies.png

Pirates.png

I liked that the Phillies were the only team in the league to wear their logo on their jersey, so I kept that. I also color corrected the blue trim to their '70s/80s powder blue. For the Pirates, I color corrected their yellow, arched the wordmark and gave them a black cap bill. C&C appreciated!

The Cardinals are coming next!

Archived