The NFL (8/32; Patriots added)

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Packers concept is a fun one. I can't see it making its way into the field in a million years, but it's creative and outside the box. I do think a green or gray facemask would work better than yellow, though, less in your face.

You're off to a good start with the Jaguars, but I'm not liking the color balance. I liked their all-gold Color Rush set, but for their regular uniforms, I think gold should be a tertiary color while teal and black are emphasized more. I've seen a lot of Jaguars concepts that try to give them gold helmets and it's just never looked right to me.

The Packers are your first big miss of the series, IMO. I get that the yoke and the circled numbers are both references to uniforms they've worn in the past, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how you've used those elements. They're arranged in an awkward fashion without any flow. The helmet looks like a college football program's attempt to follow the trends. Although I love the Packers' current uniforms, I don't mind that you're trying something new for them. I just don't think this particular approach is working.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

ATLANTA FALCONS

yEfyR42.png

I've always been afraid to make drastic changes to the Falcons, probably because they're my team. I also back in the day made numerous phases of a Falcons concept here on these boards, which was more conservative. Since this series is about pushing the envelope, I took a shot with gold, gradients, and an unusual iteration of wing stripes on the jerseys and pants. The concept is true to two ideas: make the Falcons look fast, and incorporate three colors. With Atlanta United being as popular as they are and the Falcons having hints of gold in their past, I had to get gold in here. You'll notice the gold lives on the top half of the uniform -- it's a color imbalance that's intentional because I actually think color balance can exist without each color being in every part of the uniform. Anyway, here we go! 

7heZVUT.png

ALTERNATES

Next: Chicago Bears

TItans: The best thing about this concept is the helmet. I love how the 'T' is centered and the flames wrap around and man, would It be nice to see Tennessee use a silver (and stripe-less) helmet. I The uniforms are also really solid, I even dig the treatment on the numbers for the home and alternate. Navy and grey pants are the way to go! 

Jaguars: The all gold helmet isn't really doing it for me but other than that I really like what you've done with Jacksonville. The all black unis are great and I could see the Jags using them frequently. 

Packers: This one is pretty interesting, to say the least. I don't dislike it, though. I agree that the NFL doesn't need TV numbers and I like the creative approach you've taken. I just feel like the concept needs stripes somewhere. 

Falcons: Love everything about the Falcons except for the helmet treatment. The gold is great but my issue is the gradient. I would stick with the red helmet, black facemask and call it a day. Oh, and the black pant alternates are spectacular. 

• 2 weeks later...

CHICAGO BEARS

H4ZAXrD.png

Really not much to say on this one. With modern jersey templates shoulder stripes seem like they can work a lot more than forcing them into a sleeve, so that's the goal here. Also, big changes to the helmet. The C logo is simplified to be one color at all times and is skinny (I like it that way). GSH has been moved to the helmet bumper. 

MgUacbN.png

Good move to change the location of the GSH, I always thought it was too cluttered on the sleeves. You've also done a great job eliminating most of the additional sleeve mess by moving the TV numbers. The only thing I dislike about the concept is the helmet, which I get, but I'm just a fan of the wishbone 'C.' I will say, though, it looks good on the uniforms.   

I love all of these. I visited Atlanta this weekend and after seeing Atlanta United stuff everywhere, I am all in for the addition of gold to the Falcons scheme. As a fan, your Titans concept is great too. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

As an alternate that Bears design might be nice.

Get rid of the "C" helmets and the pitchforks and torches come out. 

Or you know... they'll have to accept it and move on or put it on an alternative/throwback.

Archived