The NFL (8/32; Patriots added)

Brave-Bird 08

Going with a new format. Also, I've been posting these to my Twitter. You are welcome to follow me @michaelfostersn as these stream out. 

Buffalo Bills

2b2z6hs.png

Remember in 2002 when the Bills unveiled those ugly uniforms? Well, instead of just making tweaks to their current uniforms, I wanted to try to make the color scheme behind that redesign work. I did drop the "nickel," but wanted to give them a matte navy helmet and focus on two tones of blue. 

GpCPU0p.pngZ1FoK4e.png

ptVPnWq.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that this Bills concept set would not be really welcomed by most Bills fans, but I like this concept. My only gripe is the number dropshadow. You can either remove it or make a thinner outside trim. But again, I like your execution here.

Regarding the Bills:

The Good:

The sleeve details and pants stripes are genius. Simple, effective and evocative of the helmet logo. 

Red Socks on the home and alternate are great as it avoids the leotard look. 

The Bad: 

The navy just doesn't work. The royal/navy combo was a failure in the 2002 set. While some details are working better here than others, it'd be better to just drop navy and make the helmet either white or red. I'd probably opt for red because it leads into my next critique...

The helmet stripes don't really work. It's too bold on a helmet that already has a big logo. It needs more space to breath. You could fix this by switching to a red helmet while keeping the white stripes in place. It'd let you keep the helmet design but it wouldn't cause nearly enough clutter.

The Ugly:

Not sure how I feel about the drop shadow. It's better than what they're using now and I'd have to see it in colors other than navy but I'm not crazy about it. 

Tiny suggestion, if you drop navy, make the sleeve cuff and collar white across every jersey. This way the sleeve cuff acts like another white stripe completing the red streak.

4 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

Great job on the uniforms so far.

Anyone agree with me that the red helmet the Bills used in the 90's was the best base color for them?

Completely agree.  The white helmet, while it looks good on it's own, really throws off the color balance of the set.  Red helmet with current uniform set would be best, but I would also take a larger red logo (like the standing buffalo), or maybe even swapping the colors of the logo.  But, much prefer the red helmet.  It was their look.  Otherwise, they look okay, clean but generic.

New England Patriots

Pretty simple concept here. When I think of Boston sports teams I think of minimalistic uniforms like the Red Sox and Celtics. New England's current uniforms aren't terrible, but they surely are outdated. Classic is in. I wanted at first to go with the Boston Patriots style helmet as the primary, but noticed I did not have the primary logo on the uniform. So, I then decided to give them a number font that is complementary to both traditional stripes and the current custom font and the motion of the Patriots logo...so there's some serifs and curves. The final touch is the green tree from the unofficial flag of New England...just to get that tad of green on the uniform. I thought about a green and red alternate, designed it, and then thought again. 

GYM7jph.png

XBwY9Fh.png9SdIYX1.png

zxdmE3t.png

Excellent job with the color balanced and striping consistency. I also really like the placement of the tree and the incorporation of it. It’s very minimal and I like the tree that way. I think a green alternate might look kind of cool with a white helmet and pants. I’d add it. These look like uniforms that a champion would wear instead of those patriot uniforms right now

The removal of gray really cleans this up, my only little nitpick is that there’s seems to be a lot of white, maybe experimenting with colored pants on the road or in the alternate could give it that splash of color it needs.

Also try darkening the tree green, a little vibrant off the white helmet I think a darker green would look good. Everything else though looks really impressive! Best one yet? Maybe!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Not usually a fan of Patriots concepts that remove the silver, but this one works.  I'd change the sleeve stripes to shoulder stripes moving the numbers to the sleeves and I agree with darkening the green for the tree (which I am definitely a fan of).

TDZiMMB.png

Archived