Sign in to follow this  
Luingus221

What if the AFL was still around? (NFL Folds)

In 1966, after the AFL becomes very popular, the NFL folds.  This causes the AFL to absorb 3 teams, which are the Dallas Cowboys, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Baltimore Colts (the 2 of the 3 teams who are absorbed into the AFC in our universe.)  This means that the AFL now has 12 teams, and has become the only major league in American football.  The Teams go as follow:

East: Boston, Buffalo, Miami, New York, Pittsburgh, Baltimore

West:  Houston, Kansas City, Denver, San Diego, Oakland, Dallas

The people in charge of the AFL know they will have to create new teams to fill the void of the places that just lost teams.  They announce two expansion teams, the Chicago Hogs and the Cleveland Browns, a continuation of the old team, who will begin play in 1967.  They also implement a new rule:  teams can't hold on to all of their players after the season.  Thus, teams can pick only certain players to keep and pick others who came from other teams.  They have to lose one star player to another team, unless that team has no other stars.

Here are the uniforms for the 1966 season (from http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com):

1966_Baltimore.png?61811966_Dallas.png?61811966_Pittsburgh.png?61811966_Boston.png?61811966_Buffalo.png?61811966_Denver.png?61811966_Houston.png?61811966_KansasCity.png?61811966_Miami.png?61811966_NYJets.png?61811966_Oakland.png?61811966_SanDiego.png?6181

I will try to make championships and playoffs, but I'll probably just start over with how good the teams are.  C+C appreciated!

How did Green Bay fold???

And what happened to the Rams, Giants, 49ers, Lions and Skins?

Unless you have an artistic concept to share, I’m locking this.