Teams Due for a Rebrand

FALCON6

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread again?

Anyway, the LA Rams should be #1, 2, and 3 on this list.  They don't want to look like the STL Rams (though the STL Rams didn't want to look like the STL Rams by the end either), they kinda sorta want to look like the old tyme LA Rams, but can't do that all the way so they're kinda 75%/25%, but it looks horrible.  They are supposed to be a high-profile team, certainly in a high-profile city (whether or not the fans realize it), made a big splash by being the first team to move back to LA in over 20 years, etc., but they don't look like either an LA team or the Rams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

MLB

Orioles- just change to the cartoon bird already.

Yankees- Nothing drastic, just make the NY the primary, while the ball/hat can be a secondary.

Athletics- Bring back the Kelly Green and gold

Mariners- Bring back the blue and gold and change the logo, the compass just seems very 90s

Reds- drop the black.

Brewers- I like that its now the M wheat logo for the primary now but I would love to see them back to the ball in glove blue and gold.

Giants- Think its time for an update

NHL

Hurricanes- still screams 90s to me.

Avalanche- same

Senators- just change to the O barberpole already.

NFL

Bengals- B logo just doesnt work anymore

Broncos- would love to see an updated D logo

Eagles- Bring back the kelly green

CFL

Lions- looks stuck in the 80s

NBA

Celtics- time to update the leprechaun

Clippers- Microsoft clipart doesnt age well

Heat- time to update

Thunder- was never good from the start

MLS

Revolution- more or less just an updated font

Signature intentionally left blank

50 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

How do we define a rebrand? Is it just new uniforms? Or does it have to be new uniforms, colors and logo? 

Uniforms, usually but not always logos, almost never colors.

Padres(to brown). Sorry to oversate it. Brewers(ball in glove).

Cardinals,Falcons,Bucs,Browns

I can't comment on the NBA because I get a headache.

Senators,Hurricanes,Panthers,would love to see the Kings use the King Crown, and add a little purple(not happening after the Cups),Devils go back to normal, Oilers use royal blue instead of navy, and add hems on the unis Reebok took them off of.(Although Adidas has cleaned up the league a bit).

The Padres. And from the ground up. They've been moving chairs around for the past 8 years or so on a design that wasn't very good to begin with. The only thing they should keep is the general shape of the logo and that's it. And I'll even take it a step further and say that they should consider changing the name.

NFL: Rams definitely. Washington especiallyPanthers. Bucs. Falcons. Cardinals. Bengals. Browns. Pats once Brady retires. Broncos. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

3 hours ago, Chawls said:

NFL: Rams definitely. Washington especiallyPanthers. Bucs. Falcons. Cardinals. Bengals. Browns. Pats once Brady retires. Broncos. 

Disagree on the Redskins and Panthers.

Tampa Bay Rays I would like to see do something different, but based on their current look, have light blue road uniforms or something cool.

Padres of course.

Red's definitely, drop the black and change the font.

Another NFL team that could use a refresher is the Baltimore Ravens.  Yes the purple jerseys and numerical fonts were very cool in the late 90s and 2000s, but it is starting to look stale and past their prime.  A majority would rather prefer black jerseys as their primaries, and white pants with just basic numbers (not too drastic).  Use purple jerseys as alternate preferably worn on the road when the home team decides to wear white.  Plus change their helmet logo (just a Raven without the B logo inside its head, just looks poorly executed).  I would love to see gold pants return provided they use a gold helmet.  However, I doubt that will happen.  Still, its time for a new look, long overdue.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:41 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

Disagree on the Redskins and Panthers.

Tampa Bay Rays I would like to see do something different, but based on their current look, have light blue road uniforms or something cool.

Padres of course.

Red's definitely, drop the black and change the font.

The Rays are fine, but they should flip the shades of blue to make light blue primary and navy blue secondary. Become the UNC of MLB....

afa061ede6905e721bfea68d7009cb7e.jpg

ozzevfrvgjkddbx-20150214023147-1.jpg

51a27a0f273a8.image.jpg

15 hours ago, FALCON6 said:

Uniforms, usually but not always logos, almost never colors.

A rebranding is changing just everything... Think the Washington Capitals or Wizards changing from bronze, blue, and black to red, white and blue. Those are rebrands. I know this has been covered in numerous threads before. The Avalanche going from the original CCM cut to the Reebok edge system was a change in the uniforms, not a change in the brand. 

Updating the uniforms is not a rebrand. The Titans only seem to be changing their uniforms, not their logos or colors. A brand is what you present to the public representing you. Changing that means going in a whole new direction. I mean think if Walmart decides to change their staff uniforms, that's not a rebrand. If they change their colors to purple, green, and volt yellow, and completely change the logo, that would be a rebranding of their current brand as you know them.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived