Teams Due for a Rebrand

FALCON6

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Atlanta used to be at the top of my list until I read this article by @BrandMooreArt. Now I'm questioning everything I thought I knew about myself.

I read it, and it still didn’t sway me. He’s totally entitled to his opinion, but my opinion is that it’s terribly dated and has been due for the axe for years. Also, the sleeves are too busy, the Falcon is too “jacked up” for my tastes, and the piping is unnecessary (it looks like two pieces being barely held together by a measly thread). 

The only good thing about it is the number font. Everything else is a mess.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

23 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Atlanta used to be at the top of my list until I read this article by @BrandMooreArt. Now I'm questioning everything I thought I knew about myself.

Since Nike is butchering their current set, I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets step into the 21st century with something modern & fresh.

I hadn't read that article until just now but I used to be in the Falcons hating camp as well, until I read some of @BrandMooreArt's comments on here, which swayed my opinion on them. I won't say that I love them now, but I have come to appreciate the Falcons uniforms far more than I used to. You can see all of the design choices were deliberate, which is more than can be said of the Cardinals and Bengals uniforms from the same era. I'd still eliminate the silver outline on the logo and change the dropshadow on the numbers to an outline...and yea, the Jets could use a refresh, maybe embrace Kelly green since nobody else will.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

The Rockies are long overdue for a refresh of some kind. 

I very rarely want teams to re-brand because I like consistency.  Ideally, designs should be completed with the idea of never needing to be re-branded again.  The Rockies are tricky for me.  On one hand, I feel like it's grown quite stale.  On the other hand, since they haven't changed their look, I kinda don't want them to.  Same goes for the Carolina Panthers.

Teams I'd like to see rebrand (or something close to it):

• Brewers: That was the first team I thought of.  The look is stale and overdone. They are waffling between two looks.  They are (in my opinion) wearing their worst look ever.  Fanbase prefers a different look.  
  • Padres:  Need a color scheme that at least makes us notice them.  
  • Mavericks: As with the Brewers, I hated that look from Day 1.  And it's not aging well.
  • Thunder: They at least need a new logo.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Let's see here...

NFL: The only one that really sticks out is Washington (for obvious reasons). I'd say that the Bengals and Jaguars need logo updates, but no "rebranding."

NBA: Thunder. The blandest look in all of sports is an embarrassment. With a name like Thunder, how do you just go with lines and a basketball? The Mavericks also need to update. Their look is just dated. The Wizards should go back to being the Bullets, and the Clippers and Warriors should update their logos.

MLB: Well, Cleveland is the only team that needs one, but the Mariners, Twins, and Rockies all need to update. Finally, the Brewers need to decide what look they're going for. I don't mind the current one, but they can't keep using the "mb" logo if they don't commit fully.

NHL: I can't think of a team needing a true rebrand. The Islanders, Penguins, Sabres, and Sharks all could use an upgrade (Sharks being the lowest priority).

MLS: I think Sporting Kansas City might be the stupidest name in sports. They're the only team that need to change.

the user formerly known as cdclt

31 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I very rarely want teams to re-brand because I like consistency.  Ideally, designs should be completed with the idea of never needing to be re-branded again.  The Rockies are tricky for me.  On one hand, I feel like it's grown quite stale.  On the other hand, since they haven't changed their look, I kinda don't want them to.  Same goes for the Carolina Panthers.

Teams I'd like to see rebrand (or something close to it):

• Brewers: That was the first team I thought of.  The look is stale and overdone. They are waffling between two looks.  They are (in my opinion) wearing their worst look ever.  Fanbase prefers a different look.  
  • Padres:  Need a color scheme that at least makes us notice them.  
  • Mavericks: As with the Brewers, I hated that look from Day 1.  And it's not aging well.
  • Thunder: They at least need a new logo.  

I agree. I like the idea of the laundry staying the same and giving a team its' identity. Padres-BROWN,BROWN,BROWN,BROWN!!!

28 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Rockies...keep the mountains, ditch the black, get a new script.

I say keep black, but use it minimally as a tertiary color. Maybe use purple and silver as the main colors.

And I've seen a lot of attempts at a better Rockies script with very few successes. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I say keep black, but use it minimally as a tertiary color. Maybe use purple and silver as the main colors.

And I've seen a lot of attempts at a better Rockies script with very few successes. 

I could see purple and silver...actually, my gut reaction is to like it without black.  But even with, it would be nice if it was minimal...I just don't think black and purple work well together.

That said, (as I mentioned above) I kinda respect that they have kept the same identity so I can live with it...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NFL?

Falcons, Broncos, Bengals, Cardinals, Dolphins, Bucs, Eagles, and Browns.

Giving the Jags’ new look a chance before I toss them in there too. 

NHL?

Avs, Devils, Senators, Ducks, and Capitals. 

MLB?

Rays, Padres, Diamonbacks, and Rockies. 

NBA?

Mavericks, Thunder, Clippers, Nets, and Raptors. 

NHL

Canucks: No orca. Johnny Canuck and original Stick In Rink - one as the primary and the other as the secondary. Return to block font. Add green trimming to font and collar.

Senators: Either the =O= or the updated 2D centurion. Black as the primary dark colour.

Flames: Go back to the black-free originals. 

Avalanche: No more black. Emphasize the burgundy like the Golden Knights did with their steel grey - ie. dark helmets, font on the whites.

Kings: Time for a purple team. Purple and athletic gold with classic crown.

Lightning: Ask the Kings for the black and silver. Make blue more powdery.

Sharks: Go back to the originals. They were the only good thing about their hapless expansion years. 

Capitals: Drop the Edge design and make the Winter Classic W-CAPITALS logo the primary. The W-Eagle a second option. 

Jets: Have more light blue. Light blue yokes on the whites and light blue font with white trimming on the navy blues. Time to stand out. 

NHL:

Calgary Flames

I don't think black needs to go, the side panels and flags are a very different story.  The simplified number font was a step in the right direction and would look sharp on a uniform similar to what they used from 2003 to 2007.  Something like that but with straight hem stripes and a better shoulder patch (maybe the one from the script jerseys).

San Jose Sharks
They need to decide which direction they're going in.  The new illustrative logos or the updated ones from 2007?  Orange trim or no orange trim?  Traditional striping or contemporary?  They also have too many logos and need to pick three.

Tampa Bay Lightning
I don't care how much success they've had.  Their new identity is bland, boring, derivative and might as well belong to a different team than the one who lifted the cup in 2004.  I thought the thin black outlines around the numbers and pants-design were supposed to be a temporary solution.  They don't look like they belong and the team is capable of integrating black in more effective ways.

Washington Capitals

The uniform template has aged horribly and there are plenty of better logo options than the script.  Keep the new color's but go traditional with a proper logo.

1 minute ago, Morgo said:

NHL:

Calgary Flames

I don't think black needs to go, the side panels and flags are a very different story.  The simplified number font was a step in the right direction and would look sharp on a uniform similar to what they used from 2003 to 2007.  Something like that but with straight hem stripes and a better shoulder patch (maybe the one from the script jerseys).

Their 2003-07 red jersey is one of the best jerseys the league has ever had. Period. Get rid of the flaming snot shoulder patch and replace it with the shoulder patch from the 2013-16 alternate and it'd be a damn near perfect jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived