Teams Due for a Rebrand

FALCON6

5 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I can't come to terms with why people hate the Eagles current identity. From the logo, to the helmet wings, I think it's one of the best in professional sports. The number font might be funky, but it's completely unique to them. The Eagles look perfect to me. I'll never understand why some bland green uniform with poorly rendered silver helmet wings is more intoxicating than what they have now. 

I don't think the drop-shadow on the numbers adds anything, and I wish they wore gray (if not silver) pants. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I can't come to terms with why people hate the Eagles current identity. From the logo, to the helmet wings, I think it's one of the best in professional sports. The number font might be funky, but it's completely unique to them. The Eagles look perfect to me. I'll never understand why some bland green uniform with poorly rendered silver helmet wings is more intoxicating than what they have now. 

My biggest problem with the Eagles is the colors. Their shade of "green" is a dark teal. They use black rather than silver as their secondary, leading to a lack of contrast. I agree that their overall uniform design is better than what they wore in the kelly green days, but the colors are too dull.

On 5/20/2018 at 7:47 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Indoor teams should be banned from wearing black.  I haven't seen any games from the new stadium, but I can't imagine the lighting would be good enough to make black unis look anything but drab.  

Pre-Glanville red (or Glanville-era but in red instead of black) could be nice.  I don't hate their current set nearly as much as most people here do, but a more traditional look - even if based on the current logo - might do some good.  I would not go back to the silver pants though.  Black/Red/White (primary home), black/white/red (primary road), black/red/black (secondary home), black/white/white (secondary road), black/black/white (alt), black/black/black (color rush).

Here's the mascot:

rich_texan_the_simpsons.jpg

NFL teams should be banned from playing indoors!! Babies?

On 5/26/2018 at 11:48 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

For me, it’s all about vibrancy and essentials.

I prefer a brighter green. The current color scheme is dominated by multiple dark colors. Midnight green, black, and charcoal grey all kind of blend together into a dark mess. I want to be able to look at the eagles and say with confidence, “That’s clearly a green and silver team (or whatever the colors may be).”

I don’t mind the form of the current helmet graphic, but there’s too much unnecessary detailing for me. The simplicity of the original solid silver wing on the green helmet was my favorite, but I think some of the stylization of the current wing could be brought in there, or maybe it’s a two tone silver and white wing, kinda like what’s there now, but without the two outlines. Either way, I think the ideal solution is somewhere between the old and current.

Same with the numbers. I loved the solid silver numbers on green, but I think there’s something to the unique numbers they currently wear; they just have too much stuff added onto them with the outlines and shadow.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The current Eagles set is a near carbon copy of the quintessentially 90's set SF had the sense to ditch a decade ago. Darkened colors because 90's, triple-bordered numbers, & big, ostentatious sleeve logos, all things the '9ers have since ditched... to their credit, at least the '9ers used traditional block numbers, unlike Philly, and there was at least some historical tie-in for SF with the drop shadow... add in Nike's interpretation of teal hunter green and you've got the NFL's top candidate for a rebrand, even after the Super Bowl win.

2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

The current Eagles set is a near carbon copy of the quintessentially 90's set SF had the sense to ditch a decade ago. Darkened colors because 90's, triple-bordered numbers, & big, ostentatious sleeve logos, all things the '9ers have since ditched... to their credit, at least the '9ers used traditional block numbers, unlike Philly, and there was at least some historical tie-in for SF with the drop shadow... add in Nike's interpretation of teal hunter green and you've got the NFL's top candidate for a rebrand, even after the Super Bowl win.

Hey, the Rams rebranded right after their last Super Bowl win, and then went on to a decade of dominance. Right?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 5/26/2018 at 2:48 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

My issues:

Logo- Fine rendering of an Eagles head but the lack of green in the logo makes it seem really bland to me.

Helmet wings - One too many outlines, but I can live with that and overall one of the best helmets in the NFL anyway.

Colors - Depending on the context/type of branded material I'm looking at, sometimes it looks blue-ish. And I have to agree that the over-emphasis on black make the set too dark and boring.

Uniforms - Nothing special at all. I don't think the Eagles have ever looked that good, but their helmets are their saving grace.

Still, very glad they won the Super Bowl.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 2:33 AM, andrewharrington said:

For me, it’s all about vibrancy and essentials.

I prefer a brighter green. The current color scheme is dominated by multiple dark colors. Midnight green, black, and charcoal grey all kind of blend together into a dark mess. I want to be able to look at the eagles and say with confidence, “That’s clearly a green and silver team (or whatever the colors may be).”

Same with the numbers. I loved the solid silver numbers on green, but I think there’s something to the unique numbers they currently wear; they just have too much stuff added onto them with the outlines and shadow.

I'm pretty sure the Eagles have never worn silver numbers, but I agree with you that midnight green and black are too dark to have been paired together (and inexplicably adding charcoal when they could simply have used more silver only made it worse).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

6 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

I'm pretty sure the Eagles have never worn silver numbers, but I agree with you that midnight green and black are too dark to have been paired together (and inexplicably adding charcoal when they could simply have used more silver only made it worse).

I agree that using a true silver (as they have on the helmet wings and the logo) would really liven up the numbers and pants striping. Combine that with fixing the pants stripe proportions (something much more galling) and a tweak to the jersey piping and it would be a much better uniform. 

8 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

You’re right. I think I merged the silver wings they used to wear with the solid numbers in my head, but the numbers were white. I actually like some of those 70s and 80s looks with the dark-ish green and the wild sleeve designs, too. I think that’d be the green to use with silver wings and numbers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think it's time to see something completely new for the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL. I like their logo but their uniforms are incredibly boring in my opinion. I think they should switch to a logo with a civil war soldier. 

On 3/27/2018 at 9:04 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

This thread again?

Anyway, the LA Rams should be #1, 2, and 3 on this list.  They don't want to look like the STL Rams (though the STL Rams didn't want to look like the STL Rams by the end either), they kinda sorta want to look like the old tyme LA Rams, but can't do that all the way so they're kinda 75%/25%, but it looks horrible.  They are supposed to be a high-profile team, certainly in a high-profile city (whether or not the fans realize it), made a big splash by being the first team to move back to LA in over 20 years, etc., but they don't look like either an LA team or the Rams.

TBF They plan on redesigning their look when their stadium finishes

Ravens. I know they have 2 SB with this set, but its dated in a 90s way. Not a fan of the cartoony birdhead with the 90's style swooshy "B" and the goofy numbers with multiple outlines and shadows. The Maryland flag inspired shoulder logo reminds me of a police uniform. Its very fussy and then ironically they added plain black yoga pants to it. 

I know the original shield "B" with the wings was a copyright issue, but I could see an iconic motorcycle-inspired logo featuring wings with a stylized "B".  Simplify or get rid of the helmet stripe and simplify the numbers outlines. If they use a custom number font, maybe something more angular? And stripes on the black pants.

AL West:

Seattle Mariners: Make the alternate (the navy hat with the teal bill) the primary home cap.  On the navy alternates, changes the number to where it conforms with the rest of the Mariners uniform set and please take the number from the front of them!

LA Angels: Introduce a navy with red bill cap and perhaps wear those with the primary road uniforms.  

Oakland Athletics: Don't change a thing!!!

Texas Rangers:  Take 'Texas' off the primary home jerseys and replace it with 'Rangers' and add a number to the front of the jersey.  And also, make blue the team cleat colors like it was until 2009.

Houston Astros:  On the navy alternates, where the number usually goes, add a star to it.  Any cap with a different color on the bill as opposed to the rest of the cap, get rid of it and bring back the all orange alternate caps.  And for the primary home uniforms, take the names off the back and make the cleats at home, white.

AL Central:

Cleveland Indians:  Other than getting rid of Chief Wahoo, keep the uniforms the way they are!  

Chicago White Sox:  Make the socks the players wear, white and partially black and gray.  

Detroit Tigers:  BRING BACK THE UNIFORMS THEY WORE UNTIL 2018!  The Tigers took a classic that wasn't broken and fixed it.  Huge mistake!  And increasing the size of the 'D' on the caps was also another mistake the made!

Kansas City Royals:  No change needed!

Minnesota Twins:  BRING BACK THE HOME UNIFORMS THEY WORE UNTIL 2015!  The primaries they wear now should of been an alternate!  And the 'M' logo, please bring that back as well as a road cap!  And PLEASE, get rid of the Gold!!!!

AL East:

New York Yankees:  If any change is needed, its about time that the Yankees introduce an alternate uniform!  Other than that, neither uniform should be touched!

Boston Red Sox:  Only change needed is that the Red Sox needs to wear red shoes.

Baltimore Orioles:  No change needed!

Toronto Blue Jays:  If it wasn't for MLB uniform rules, the Blue Jays could put the baseball in the back of the Blue Jay head on both the hat and the uniforms.  

Tampa Bay Rays:  For now, no change needed

NL West:

LA Dodgers:  Introduce a blue alternate uniform.  And also, take the last names from the back of the uniforms. 

San Francisco Giants:  No change needed

San Diego Padres:  On the primary road jersey, get rid of the 'San Diego' bow-tie wordmark!  There was a reason why it wasn't used anymore!  And bring back the one they had from 2012.  And they had it right by having yellow in their team image!  Why did they get rid of it?!?  And whatever change they make, the team cleats can be white.

Colorado Rockies:  No change needed!  

Arizona Diamondbacks:  Bring back purple and teal!  And as far as their primary home unis goes, only have the 'A' logo on the front and have them pinstriped!  

NL Central:

Chicago Cubs:  Take the last names from the back of the primary home uniforms.  

Cincinatti Reds:  Change the number font to a more generic one like they had when they won their last 3 championships.  And PLEASE, get rid of the black!  And also, make the team cleats red!

St. Louis Cardinals:  Bring back the all navy 'STL' caps as the primary road caps.  

Pittsburgh Pirates:  Use the camo jerseys far less and introduce a yellow alternate jersey.  Get rid of the current black alternate cap and replace it with the throwback cap that is yellow with the black bill.  

Milwaukee Brewers:  Replace gold with yellow and bring back the stripe on the pants.

NL East:

Philadelphia Phillies:  Only change needed is that on the alternate jerseys, the player number should be on the sleeves just like they are on the primaries.

New York Mets:  Change the team cleats to blue.

Washington Nationals: Put the 'Nationals' wordmark on the front of the primary home jerseys and make sure that the player number is still on the front of them.  And also, make the team cleats red. 

Miami Marlins:  Keep the current colors but get rid of the current jerseys and completely bring back the jerseys the Florida Marlins.  Except take the 'M' hat the Florida Marlins had and make that into the primary hat logo.

Atlanta Braves:  Get rid of the stars and stripes red alternate jersey and bring back the red alternate jersey they had before.  

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

AL West:

Seattle Mariners: Make the alternate (the navy hat with the teal bill) the primary home cap.  On the navy alternates, changes the number to where it conforms with the rest of the Mariners uniform set and please take the number from the front of them!

I agree with you on the alternate cap, I really like it too. I want to see the Mariners go with kelly green and royal blue, even though I like the teal. 

Archived