Teams Due for a Rebrand

FALCON6

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Mikey said:

AL West:

Seattle Mariners: Make the alternate (the navy hat with the teal bill) the primary home cap.  On the navy alternates, changes the number to where it conforms with the rest of the Mariners uniform set and please take the number from the front of them!

LA Angels: Introduce a navy with red bill cap and perhaps wear those with the primary road uniforms.  

Oakland Athletics: Don't change a thing!!!

Texas Rangers:  Take 'Texas' off the primary home jerseys and replace it with 'Rangers' and add a number to the front of the jersey.  And also, make blue the team cleat colors like it was until 2009.

Houston Astros:  On the navy alternates, where the number usually goes, add a star to it.  Any cap with a different color on the bill as opposed to the rest of the cap, get rid of it and bring back the all orange alternate caps.  And for the primary home uniforms, take the names off the back and make the cleats at home, white.

AL Central:

Cleveland Indians:  Other than getting rid of Chief Wahoo, keep the uniforms the way they are!  

Chicago White Sox:  Make the socks the players wear, white and partially black and gray.  

Detroit Tigers:  BRING BACK THE UNIFORMS THEY WORE UNTIL 2018!  The Tigers took a classic that wasn't broken and fixed it.  Huge mistake!  And increasing the size of the 'D' on the caps was also another mistake the made!

Kansas City Royals:  No change needed!

Minnesota Twins:  BRING BACK THE HOME UNIFORMS THEY WORE UNTIL 2015!  The primaries they wear now should of been an alternate!  And the 'M' logo, please bring that back as well as a road cap!  And PLEASE, get rid of the Gold!!!!

AL East:

New York Yankees:  If any change is needed, its about time that the Yankees introduce an alternate uniform!  Other than that, neither uniform should be touched!

Boston Red Sox:  Only change needed is that the Red Sox needs to wear red shoes.

Baltimore Orioles:  No change needed!

Toronto Blue Jays:  If it wasn't for MLB uniform rules, the Blue Jays could put the baseball in the back of the Blue Jay head on both the hat and the uniforms.  

Tampa Bay Rays:  For now, no change needed

NL West:

LA Dodgers:  Introduce a blue alternate uniform.  And also, take the last names from the back of the uniforms. 

San Francisco Giants:  No change needed

San Diego Padres:  On the primary road jersey, get rid of the 'San Diego' bow-tie wordmark!  There was a reason why it wasn't used anymore!  And bring back the one they had from 2012.  And they had it right by having yellow in their team image!  Why did they get rid of it?!?  And whatever change they make, the team cleats can be white.

Colorado Rockies:  No change needed!  

Arizona Diamondbacks:  Bring back purple and teal!  And as far as their primary home unis goes, only have the 'A' logo on the front and have them pinstriped!  

NL Central:

Chicago Cubs:  Take the last names from the back of the primary home uniforms.  

Cincinatti Reds:  Change the number font to a more generic one like they had when they won their last 3 championships.  And PLEASE, get rid of the black!  And also, make the team cleats red!

St. Louis Cardinals:  Bring back the all navy 'STL' caps as the primary road caps.  

Pittsburgh Pirates:  Use the camo jerseys far less and introduce a yellow alternate jersey.  Get rid of the current black alternate cap and replace it with the throwback cap that is yellow with the black bill.  

Milwaukee Brewers:  Replace gold with yellow and bring back the stripe on the pants.

NL East:

Philadelphia Phillies:  Only change needed is that on the alternate jerseys, the player number should be on the sleeves just like they are on the primaries.

New York Mets:  Change the team cleats to blue.

Washington Nationals: Put the 'Nationals' wordmark on the front of the primary home jerseys and make sure that the player number is still on the front of them.  And also, make the team cleats red. 

Miami Marlins:  Keep the current colors but get rid of the current jerseys and completely bring back the jerseys the Florida Marlins.  Except take the 'M' hat the Florida Marlins had and make that into the primary hat logo.

Atlanta Braves:  Get rid of the stars and stripes red alternate jersey and bring back the red alternate jersey they had before.  

Couple of questions. I agree with a decent chunk of this but...why change the Nats home uniforms? The Nats have a simple (some would call it boring) identity that fits them. Red team at home, navy team on the road. The curly W is fine as the home primary.

The Cardinals still use the blue caps, but they don’t need to be primarily worn on the road. The move to red was the right thing. Red as the main cap with two navy alt hats.

Of all things, why change the Cubs home? Their home is admittedly a classic. The other two uniforms are putrid.

The thought of the Dodgers in a blue alternate makes me sick. Oh and why should the Reds dump black? I get the hate for the drop shadow (I don’t like it) but I don’t think dropping black all together is smart.

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

AL West:

Seattle Mariners: Make the alternate (the navy hat with the teal bill) the primary home cap.  On the navy alternates, changes the number to where it conforms with the rest of the Mariners uniform set and please take the number from the front of them!

LA Angels: Introduce a navy with red bill cap and perhaps wear those with the primary road uniforms.  

Oakland Athletics: Don't change a thing!!!

Texas Rangers:  Take 'Texas' off the primary home jerseys and replace it with 'Rangers' and add a number to the front of the jersey.  And also, make blue the team cleat colors like it was until 2009.

Houston Astros:  On the navy alternates, where the number usually goes, add a star to it.  Any cap with a different color on the bill as opposed to the rest of the cap, get rid of it and bring back the all orange alternate caps.  And for the primary home uniforms, take the names off the back and make the cleats at home, white.

AL Central:

Cleveland Indians:  Other than getting rid of Chief Wahoo, keep the uniforms the way they are!  

Chicago White Sox:  Make the socks the players wear, white and partially black and gray.  

Detroit Tigers:  BRING BACK THE UNIFORMS THEY WORE UNTIL 2018!  The Tigers took a classic that wasn't broken and fixed it.  Huge mistake!  And increasing the size of the 'D' on the caps was also another mistake the made!

Kansas City Royals:  No change needed!

Minnesota Twins:  BRING BACK THE HOME UNIFORMS THEY WORE UNTIL 2015!  The primaries they wear now should of been an alternate!  And the 'M' logo, please bring that back as well as a road cap!  And PLEASE, get rid of the Gold!!!!

AL East:

New York Yankees:  If any change is needed, its about time that the Yankees introduce an alternate uniform!  Other than that, neither uniform should be touched!

Boston Red Sox:  Only change needed is that the Red Sox needs to wear red shoes.

Baltimore Orioles:  No change needed!

Toronto Blue Jays:  If it wasn't for MLB uniform rules, the Blue Jays could put the baseball in the back of the Blue Jay head on both the hat and the uniforms.  

Tampa Bay Rays:  For now, no change needed

NL West:

LA Dodgers:  Introduce a blue alternate uniform.  And also, take the last names from the back of the uniforms. 

San Francisco Giants:  No change needed

San Diego Padres:  On the primary road jersey, get rid of the 'San Diego' bow-tie wordmark!  There was a reason why it wasn't used anymore!  And bring back the one they had from 2012.  And they had it right by having yellow in their team image!  Why did they get rid of it?!?  And whatever change they make, the team cleats can be white.

Colorado Rockies:  No change needed!  

Arizona Diamondbacks:  Bring back purple and teal!  And as far as their primary home unis goes, only have the 'A' logo on the front and have them pinstriped!  

NL Central:

Chicago Cubs:  Take the last names from the back of the primary home uniforms.  

Cincinatti Reds:  Change the number font to a more generic one like they had when they won their last 3 championships.  And PLEASE, get rid of the black!  And also, make the team cleats red!

St. Louis Cardinals:  Bring back the all navy 'STL' caps as the primary road caps.  

Pittsburgh Pirates:  Use the camo jerseys far less and introduce a yellow alternate jersey.  Get rid of the current black alternate cap and replace it with the throwback cap that is yellow with the black bill.  

Milwaukee Brewers:  Replace gold with yellow and bring back the stripe on the pants.

NL East:

Philadelphia Phillies:  Only change needed is that on the alternate jerseys, the player number should be on the sleeves just like they are on the primaries.

New York Mets:  Change the team cleats to blue.

Washington Nationals: Put the 'Nationals' wordmark on the front of the primary home jerseys and make sure that the player number is still on the front of them.  And also, make the team cleats red. 

Miami Marlins:  Keep the current colors but get rid of the current jerseys and completely bring back the jerseys the Florida Marlins.  Except take the 'M' hat the Florida Marlins had and make that into the primary hat logo.

Atlanta Braves:  Get rid of the stars and stripes red alternate jersey and bring back the red alternate jersey they had before.  

Introduce a yellow alt for the pirates!

I dunno, the yellow jersey they wear on Sundays suffices for me. Already have one. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 3/27/2018 at 7:44 PM, insert name said:

Brewers but only because they're suffering an identity crisis right now. 

Either stick with this...

USATSI_9228722_1473876122215_46322790_ve

or go all in on this.

brewers-RIP-2014.jpg

Not in between.

Brewers_Ryan-Braun13590_0.jpg?itok=LAp_I

I think the "in-between look" is by far the best of the three looks. The retro BiG look is clearly dated and a little bright for my liking, while the current look is too drab and dark. Navy blue and yellow is a great combo that isn't used by any MLB team at the moment, except the Rays I guess. I think the Brewers should run with it and make that their full-time look, and use the current uniform template and logo instead of the retro stuff.

On 6/9/2018 at 10:25 AM, generalshepherd141 said:

I think the "in-between look" is by far the best of the three looks. The retro BiG look is clearly dated and a little bright for my liking, while the current look is too drab and dark. Navy blue and yellow is a great combo that isn't used by any MLB team at the moment, except the Rays I guess. I think the Brewers should run with it and make that their full-time look, and use the current uniform template and logo instead of the retro stuff.

I like navy and yellow, but the "in-between look" is a polished turd if there ever was one.  

If anything, I'd accept a rebrand based on the retro fauxbacks, but with navy replacing royal as a concession to the past couple decades.

On 6/9/2018 at 9:14 PM, Esco said:

Carolina panther need to find balance with Carolina blue and black. It just don’t clash well imo with their set

Really? I think the blue and black compliment each other really well. If anything, we should get rid of the silver.

the user formerly known as cdclt

13 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Does the BiG logo match the throwback jerseys any more than it does the current ones? To do it properly they'd have to adopt a lowercase wordmark across the set, which actually might not be that bad.

I had never even considered a wordmark that matched the letters in the BIG.  I'd love to see a concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Does the BiG logo match the throwback jerseys any more than it does the current ones? To do it properly they'd have to adopt a lowercase wordmark across the set, which actually might not be that bad.

38 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I had never even considered a wordmark that matched the letters in the BIG.  I'd love to see a concept.

The letters are from two different fonts, Souvenir and Cooper.  Might be fun to play around with, but I couldn't seriously see anything like that working.

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

The letters are from two different fonts, Souvenir and Cooper.  Might be fun to play around with, but I couldn't seriously see anything like that working.

They could redo the logo to make it more consistent, though that would require the Brewers to put a little bit of effort in and that defeats the point of bringing back old jerseys.

Hey guys. I just decided to join. Been lurking on here for years. Figured this would be a good time to join, because I have a legit opinion here.

Dallas Maverick ( Go back to Blue and Green w/ New Logo)

Rams (Blue and Yellow)

Bucs (Red and Creamsicle Orange)

Bengals (I don't even know where to start. Their colors give them a handicap from the start.)

Rays (Toned down modern version of original design and colors)

Brewers (Back to the old colors and logo)

Grizzlies - Back to old Vancouver colors. 

Falcons - Back to 90's colors

Teams that need to find their identity again, because they are just sitting in brand purgatory - 

Pelicans, Magic, AZ Cardinals, Miami Marlins

Archived