BucsBoy02

Buccaneers Concept Revision (Cannon Ball Set Update 5/12/18)

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, I'm back at it again. I did a concept a few years ago that I really enjoyed and I've been tinkering with it again. I hope this time the colors come through the way I've intended. Last time I couldn't get the colors the way I wanted due to my monitor being shoddy. A little back story here, I'm not trying to totally re-brand the team but take what they currently wear and modify what I and others see as problems with their current look. The logo's are pretty much the same as before with some minor tweaks. They are a mash up of their current and former logos, taking the elements from both that I really liked. I really do like Tampa's current look for the most part, I think the balance between colors really works all though I do prefer a little more orange. One huge fix is the number font. For this concept I went with a slightly modified version of the Spokane Empire's number font. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy and C+C is always welcome.

 

Logos/Helmet

BLH_zpsjz8cu4c1.png

Home Uniform

BHJ_zpsoawa6jte.png

Away Uniform

BAJ_zpsspq7acdu.png

Alternate Uniform

BaltJ_zpscdcy9njl.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way you combined the logos looks fantastic. I love pretty much everything about this except maybe include silver a little more on the striping of the uniform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love your logos and the number font! The color scheme is great, the pants look really good, the jersey tops feels a little rounder or softer than everything else? Maybe I would feel differently if I saw it on the field, but overall this is awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I love almost everything about this set. Especially the way you've discarded black entirely for pewter. My one catch is that the numbers feel a little busy. Maybe drop one of the outlines?

 

I sorta second this motion. This only applies to the away jersey. The home and alt ones are good as is. The away one seems to have extra and unecessary outlines necessary number outlines. I'd say emulate it off the same thing you did for the home ones (i.e. red number, with pewter inner outline and orange outer ones). Mayne some white (a little) in the panta piping as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the suggestions! Here a few tweaks I've made. Firstly I updated my template by shortening the sleeve length. For both the home and the way uniform I got rid of the chrome outline in the numbers. Now Chrome is only for the logos and numbers that are on pewter. I tried as suggested to do the away numbers Red/Dark Pewter/Orange and it didn't look like it fit well with the rest of the set. So I went with the opposite of the home uniform Red/Orange/Dark Pewter. I also added the flag logo to the pants to add a bit more chrome, I've tried different striping patterns but I keep coming back to my original design. I originally didn't intend to get rid of black and for some reason used a grey color instead, but since you all mentioned how you liked the look of Pewter over Black, I love it, and ran with that. Set one is the original with the tweaks and set two is a redesign of the shoulder stripes to see what they would look like more angular. Hope you all enjoy. 

 

Logo's

Bucs%20Logo%20Pewter_zpsssbonbzz.png 

 

Home Uniform 

Bucs%20Home_zpsz3v1vbjf.png

 

Away

Bucs%20Away_zpsmicv1lxc.png

 

Home 2

Bucs%20Home%202_zpsjxhrdddr.png

 

Away 2

Bucs%20Away%202_zpsu07lvclf.png

 

Color/Number set

Color%20Number_zpsi64xtsep.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BucsBoy02 said:

Update V3 Trying less orange.

 

Home

Bucs%20Home%20LO_zps3qyxrs9v.png

 

Away

Bucs%20Away%20LO_zpsg9udgzmm.png

Absolutley perfect right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frio said:

Absolutley perfect right there.

 

Totally disagree. Bring the orange back. Needs some color balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

 

Totally disagree. Bring the orange back. Needs some color balance.

 

I totally agree and think V2 of my original with the tweaked number is the best so far. I'm set on the logos, as far as I'm concerned I don't think there is any way I could upgrade them any farther. 

 

Here is a crazy idea, how about making Pewter a secondary color and Orange a primary color. If the NFL would allow more than one helmet I would say this could be an alternate or Color Rush type uniform or go crazy and switch to something like this full time. I remember seeing an Orange Buc's helmet with a Red face mask online a while back and I thought it looks pretty amazing. 

 

Home 

Bucs%20Home%20HTF_zps2hktxl9y.png

 

Away

Bucs%20Away%20HTF_zps45le21rs.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the number set your using and was a fan of their previous simple set before the current ones were created, but all in all not bad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright here is version 4. I replaces all the White and Chrome with a off White/Cream color. I also switched the face mask from Chrome to Pewter. So out of everything I've done so far what are your favorites?

 

Home 

Bucs%20Home%20GO_zpsqbolfpir.png

 

Away

Bucs%20Away%20GO_zpsyimez04d.png

 

Alternate

Bucs%20Alt%20GO_zps6tlpftev.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are great. The number font you used is far better that the weird digital clock font they currently have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 11:56 PM, BucsBoy02 said:

Hey everyone, I'm back at it again. I did a concept a few years ago that I really enjoyed and I've been tinkering with it again. I hope this time the colors come through the way I've intended. Last time I couldn't get the colors the way I wanted due to my monitor being shoddy. A little back story here, I'm not trying to totally re-brand the team but take what they currently wear and modify what I and others see as problems with their current look. The logo's are pretty much the same as before with some minor tweaks. They are a mash up of their current and former logos, taking the elements from both that I really liked. I really do like Tampa's current look for the most part, I think the balance between colors really works all though I do prefer a little more orange. One huge fix is the number font. For this concept I went with a slightly modified version of the Spokane Empire's number font. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy and C+C is always welcome.

 

Logos/Helmet

BLH_zpsjz8cu4c1.png

Home Uniform

BHJ_zpsoawa6jte.png

Away Uniform

BAJ_zpsspq7acdu.png

Alternate Uniform

BaltJ_zpscdcy9njl.png

 

That is sooooo much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, BucsBoy02 said:

 

I totally agree and think V2 of my original with the tweaked number is the best so far. I'm set on the logos, as far as I'm concerned I don't think there is any way I could upgrade them any farther. 

 

Here is a crazy idea, how about making Pewter a secondary color and Orange a primary color. If the NFL would allow more than one helmet I would say this could be an alternate or Color Rush type uniform or go crazy and switch to something like this full time. I remember seeing an Orange Buc's helmet with a Red face mask online a while back and I thought it looks pretty amazing. 

 

Home 

Bucs%20Home%20HTF_zps2hktxl9y.png

 

Away

Bucs%20Away%20HTF_zps45le21rs.png

 

 

Love this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2018 at 1:25 AM, BucsBoy02 said:

Alright here is version 4. I replaces all the White and Chrome with a off White/Cream color. I also switched the face mask from Chrome to Pewter. So out of everything I've done so far what are your favorites?

 

Home 

Bucs%20Home%20GO_zpsqbolfpir.png

 

Away

Bucs%20Away%20GO_zpsyimez04d.png

 

Alternate

Bucs%20Alt%20GO_zps6tlpftev.png

 

I think this is my favorite version. Are you using two shades of pewter? I think just the one would work just fine. Either way this is a cool idea. An off-white is a very pirate-y idea. 

Also funny idea. The origin of the term "Buccaneer" comes from "buccan" which is type of smoked, slow roasted meat. Early francophone settlers (French and ex-slaves) in what is now Haiti, started to make a living by smoking meat and then selling it ships that passed between St. Domingue and Tortuga. Hence the term "Buccaneer." So maybe Tampa Bay could do something similar to how the Leigh Valley Ironpigs have bacon themed uniforms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think this is my favorite version. Are you using two shades of pewter? I think just the one would work just fine. Either way this is a cool idea. An off-white is a very pirate-y idea.   

 

Actually I am using two shades of Pewter. I tried using a slightly darker shade for all the elements that I replaced that would be black on the current uniforms so it wouldn't blend in with the other Pewter as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now