Buccaneers Concept Revision (Cannon Ball Set Update 5/12/18)

BucsBoy02

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went ahead and did a lot of work on my template, mostly added a bunch of detail. I also had the idea of taking the Buc's previous set and updating it with my logos and the new number font also replacing the black with Pewter once again. I consider their previous set to have a classic look to it with the colors being a bit darker while their new set to be brighter and more flashy. Here are the results.

Buccaneers%20Throwback_zps2zaygw6e.png

On 4/2/2018 at 10:44 PM, BucsBoy02 said:

I went ahead and did a lot of work on my template, mostly added a bunch of detail. I also had the idea of taking the Buc's previous set and updating it with my logos and the new number font also replacing the black with Pewter once again. I consider their previous set to have a classic look to it with the colors being a bit darker while their new set to be brighter and more flashy. Here are the results.

Buccaneers%20Throwback_zps2zaygw6e.png

Could you do one with the black also and white pants also

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

On 4/4/2018 at 11:10 PM, scraw28 said:

Could you do one with the black also and white pants also

Black as in all the areas that I replaces the Black with Pewter? Or an actual Black uniform?

Once again did a lot of work on my template, reworked the sleeves. I really like where I ended up template wise. As for the uniforms I stayed with the classic design and updated number, colors and logos. Added a white pants option and an Orange Color rush set. I think the Orange set would look best with the Pewter pant option but seeing as how Color Rush has worked they would most likely go with a monochrome look. I like to think of this concept as a classical modernization. 

Home

BCH_zpsemcrfbcz.png

Away

BCA_zpsisxqvbwx.png

Color Rush

BCR_zpsik5zlpoi.png

Here is the final version of my original idea. It's exactly as I would like it to be. I did not include White pants because I really dislike the white pants look and think the Pewter looks better with all 3 sets. They would be one of the teams who has only one pant option. I went with the older slightly darker colors. 

Home 

Bucs%20FHS_zpsyhyniwlx.png

Away

Bucs%20FAS_zpsssclucuo.png

Alternate

Bucs%20FAltS_zpsidn8zxfp.png

11 minutes ago, BucsBoy02 said:

Here is the final version of my original idea. It's exactly as I would like it to be. I did not include White pants because I really dislike the white pants look and think the Pewter looks better with all 3 sets. They would be one of the teams who has only one pant option. I went with the older slightly darker colors. 

Home 

Away

Alternate

I love this. Pant stripe, font, shoulder yoke updates are all top notch. I especially like this because you took their look right now and fixed everything that needed to be fixed.

a2BRS8U.png

On 4/11/2018 at 1:04 AM, BucsBoy02 said:

Home 

Away

Alternate

Love it but for the Orange alt, you might want to make the number, last name,  and wordmark white

1 hour ago, TheBigBuc said:

Love it but for the Orange alt, you might want to make the number, last name,  and wordmark white

I agree, I made them Red and just kind of forgot about it. Here is an updated version. 

Bucs%20Alt%20Final%202_zpsmkjpzlrz.png

Here is another Attempt at a classic style Buc's uniform with modern styling. I have had tons of ideas and this is the first time in a while I've been able to sit down and actually do something with em. 

Home

Gridiron%20Classic%20Home%202_zpshal95ip

Away 

Gridiron%20Classic%20Away%202_zps49jnmzb

On 4/11/2018 at 1:04 AM, BucsBoy02 said:

Home 

You nailed it. That's exactly how a modern day Bucs uniform should look. Great job.

• 2 weeks later...

With all the different ideas I've thought up lately I keep coming back to the simpleness of their previous set. I believe it was one of the best looking sets in the NFL and a modern classic. I've gone back to that idea with the major changes being the typeface and pants from my previous iterations. Their previous set used a standard block typeface and I wanted to recreate that with some slight stylization. I am not used to creating typefaces and this is one of my first attempts at a full set. As for the pants I went back to the striping patter of their previous set. Again I'm using a slightly darker shade of Pewter to replace Black and a slight off White cream color instead of White. To switch things up a bit I went with a different player to show off how double digits would look. As always C+C are always welcome. :D

Logos_zpsfboca4at.png

Home_zpslkgmzycz.png

Away_zpstjg5b6w4.png

Alternate_zpsqldvvrft.png

Typeface_zpsdvnqcfcj.png

I think this set is an absolute winner! The simple more traditional design is really nice. Love the new font, it adds a bit of character without taking away from or clashing the classic look. This is also the only time I've ever actually liked an orange jersey when paired with the pewter, I think it's because you used a darker shade. My only suggestion would be to add a set of red or orange or both socks so we dont get the leotard look with pewter on pewter. Other than that fantastic work on these!

The orange jersey is nice and there are some nice improvements here.  There's really only one problem and that's that the Bucs nailed this look the first time and that cannot really be improved upon.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived