Bruins

Biggest Downgrades in History

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, verno said:

The exact opposite!! I hated the Picasso Coyote look!!

 

Was there a reason for the Picasso logo?  I've been to the Picasso museum in Catalonia, and don't recall anything about his winter residence in Phoenix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, verno said:

The exact opposite!! I hated the Picasso Coyote look!!

 

I don't get the love for the Picasso Coyote, either.  And, the reality is, they didn't go from the original set to what they have now.  This was the Coyotes best uniform and most certainly an upgrade over the original uniform.  It's been a downgrade since, from losing the hem stripes to what they got now.

 

090213_bretthull.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M4One said:

 

I don't get the love for the Picasso Coyote, either.  And, the reality is, they didn't go from the original set to what they have now.  This was the Coyotes best uniform and most certainly an upgrade over the original uniform.  It's been a downgrade since, from losing the hem stripes to what they got now.

 

090213_bretthull.jpg

 

I agree. The Sedona Red and white was a great look. Introducing black to the mix was unnecessary and complicates a great, simple design.

 

left-wing-ladislav-nagy-of-the-phoenix-c

 

I suspect the fondness for that old Coyotes look may be rooted in nostalgia. I happen to be the opposite. Part of the reason I dislike the Coyotes’ original look is that I associate it with the loss of the original Jets. I’ve only recently grown to apprciate the Avs’ 90’s identity for that reason. I’ll never like the Hurricanes, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aztex82 said:

 

I agree. The Sedona Red and white was a great look. Introducing black to the mix was unnecessary and complicates a great, simple design.

 

left-wing-ladislav-nagy-of-the-phoenix-c

 

I suspect the fondness for that old Coyotes look may be rooted in nostalgia. I happen to be the opposite. Part of the reason I dislike the Coyotes’ original look is that I associate it with the loss of the original Jets. I’ve only recently grown to apprciate the Avs’ 90’s identity for that reason. I’ll never like the Hurricanes, though.

The old yotes look wasn't the best but the kachina inspired coyote was the coolest! The switch to brick red was a definite plus as they stood out for once amidst a sea of black and 90s designed unis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2004-07 set looks great, and is certainly an upgrade over what they use now, but I still prefer this.  The colour palette is so unique and attractive :wub:

jjQOS2O.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 6:52 PM, verno said:

The exact opposite!! I hated the Picasso Coyote look!!

Not Picasso. Kachina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tommytimp said:

Not Picasso. Kachina.

My bad, me just being lazy, something I'm great at😀 I just call it the Picasso Coyote because that's what I usually hear it referred as.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/4/2018 at 9:39 PM, Morgo said:

The 2004-07 set looks great, and is certainly an upgrade over what they use now, but I still prefer this.  The colour palette is so unique and attractive :wub:

jjQOS2O.jpg

 

Like the Canucks' old Orca Bay uniforms and the current Philadelphia Eagles, the Coyotes' original colours were too dark. Having at least two very dark colours on the same uniform is never a good idea. And the Coyotes had too many colours to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Like the Canucks' old Orca Bay uniforms and the current Philadelphia Eagles, the Coyotes' original colours were too dark. Having at least two very dark colours on the same uniform is never a good idea. And the Coyotes had too many colours to begin with. 

 

They have the same colours now, just without Hunter Green, Sienna, Purple and any character what-so-ever.  Saying they have too many colours is subjective too.  I'd rather a new team in a non-traditional market go out of the box with their palette instead of just becoming a 'brick' version of every other red and black team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Morgo said:

 

They have the same colours now, just without Hunter Green, Sienna, Purple and any character what-so-ever.  Saying they have too many colours is subjective too.  I'd rather a new team in a non-traditional market go out of the box with their palette instead of just becoming a 'brick' version of every other red and black team

 

I was referring to the Coyotes' original uniforms. Too many colours is just too many colours. The Atlanta Thrashers were just as guilty. I believe in less is more. The Coyotes' first version of their last uniform was much nicer(with the hemline stripe) with just the brick red and white. Also, brick red is only used by the Coyotes and not by any other NHL team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 6:00 PM, verno said:

My bad, me just being lazy, something I'm great at😀 I just call it the Picasso Coyote because that's what I usually hear it referred as.

No need o apologize, but it bothers me that people still either don't realize or don't care about the inspiration for the original logo and that it has nothing to do with Picasso and everything to do with Hopi folk art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tommytimp said:

No need o apologize, but it bothers me that people still either don't realize or don't care about the inspiration for the original logo and that it has nothing to do with Picasso and everything to do with Hopi folk art.

Interesting: I always knew Kachina’s had associations with Hopi folk art. But your post led me to research a bit further. Paraphrasing from the Wikipedia page, a Kachina is a personification of something found in nature, often with associated familial relationships, etc. 

 

Makes the representation of a Coyote playing hockey (as a person) all the more relevant. I love this logo a little more now - thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2018 at 9:14 PM, neo_prankster said:

From this...

1411615289660

To this...

ff_2170318_xl.jpg&w=600

Those original Yotes unis were hideous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2018 at 5:58 PM, Morgo said:

 

They have the same colours now, just without Hunter Green, Sienna, Purple and any character what-so-ever.  Saying they have too many colours is subjective too.  I'd rather a new team in a non-traditional market go out of the box with their palette instead of just becoming a 'brick' version of every other red and black team

Gotta have pride in the black, red, beige, green, brown, and purple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Gotta have pride in the black, red, beige, green, brown, and purple.

 

Sienna ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might get some guff for this one, but I enjoyed the template of the "Wimbledon" set (top) far more than its successor (bottom). In fact, I think I would've been okay with a green and red version of it.

 

bogut_narrowweb__300x445,0.jpg

 

bogut_600_061229.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now