Biggest Downgrades in History

Bruins

19 hours ago, LogoFan said:

Wow.  THAT comparison really sticks out.  Top look says "Professional NFL Uniform".  The bottom look is "Hey, we're an arena team no one's ever heard of!"

The new design has grown on me, other than the stupid numbers, but the downgrade from pewter to grayish on the uniform is huge.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Maybe not biggest, but it was possibly the most subtle major downgrade.

2016-san-diego-padres_16g09mihno1fzypbspmlbf_1224585883_th_45.jpg

That set had so much potential. Shame they moved on from it so soon. 

spacer.png

13 hours ago, San Diego said:

I liked it too. I guess they didn't want to be associated with the Chargers. 

That's why I thought a logical next step was to simply switch out the navy for brown on that set and call it a day. Would have been a perfect way to grow support for the team that otherwise has little if any support. But this is why they are the Padres. 

16 hours ago, San Diego said:

I liked it too. I guess they didn't want to be associated with the Chargers. 

Yellow was a one year addition for the ASG being in town only. They should have kept it or rebranded around it.

Then again, this is the padres so they'd be on their third set by now anyway.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Why in God's name would the Lakers put black side panels on their purple uniforms???!!!

It looks horrible enough, but even more so when you consider that there are no black side panels on the white or gold uniforms.

The whites and golds look great - the purples could have, too.

Here's hoping that they wear the whites and gold most of the time.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, Sleeper66 said:

Image result for barry sandersImage result for kevin jones lions

I will never agree with the populous here, but that was an upgrade.  Black helped add contrast to two low-con colors.  Then, they kept tinkering with the look over the years, number fonts and stripes, but that first change was their best.  And now the current jerseys, can't even read the numbers on their homes.  rey outline on grey numbers on light blue jersey?  Brilliant!

Gotta be the TB Bucs.  Top 5 looking team to worst looking team in one swoop.  They didn't need a change at all.  Their look was perfect.  Runner-up, Jaguars.  Would be number one, but they had already been downgrading it slowly over the years, so it doesn't count as much in my book (change to black numbers on the road, black pants losing stripes).  Special consideration tied between the Bills and the Browns.  Both were massive downgrades on par with the Bucs, but both sets were dated and needed some upgrades/tinkering to get right, so there was a reason to change things, they just got it so, so wrong.

5 hours ago, jdavidev said:

I will never agree with the populous here, but that was an upgrade.  Black helped add contrast to two low-con colors.  Then, they kept tinkering with the look over the years, number fonts and stripes, but that first change was their best.  And now the current jerseys, can't even read the numbers on their homes.  rey outline on grey numbers on light blue jersey?  Brilliant!

Well, Honolulu blue and silver work great without white (the sixties unis), so I'm assuming the "low-con colors" you're referring to are silver and white. Thing is, black rarely separates those colors (road numbers on the Millen clusterfunks; road numbers and sleeve stripes on the '09 model). I'm more ready to buy the "black is tuff" argument than this one. 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, jdavidev said:

I will never agree with the populous here...

Tip
Similar-sounding words

populace is sometimes confused with populous

pop·u·lous
ˈpäpyələs/
adjective
having a large population; densely populated

pop·u·lace
ˈpäpyələs/
noun
the people living in a particular country or area.

It is what it is.

Archived