SportsLogos.Net News

Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

Recommended Posts

I liked the white helmet.  If there was going to be a change, I'd rather see powder blue helmets, but we know that won't happen.  I'm guessing powder blue won't have much prominence anymore, so now the Titans will look just like Houston and New England. Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Numbers aside, the Titans had a pretty solid look.   I don’t think I’m going to like this change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the minority, but this has major potential. They could go the Bills route and blend the border into the helmet - on a navy backdrop, they could drop the white border altogether and give the flames some air:

 

1.jpg?screen

 

Of course, they'll probably go the Lions route and add several borders around the logo for no reason whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If numbers are similar to LA Kings like the 20th anniversary logo it could be a good move forward. 

25 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Numbers aside, the Titans had a pretty solid look.   I don’t think I’m going to like this change. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are already too many teams with navy. Now they're moving it to the helmets? Not a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FALCON6 said:

There are already too many teams with navy. Now they're moving it to the helmets? Not a fan.

Well, there are still more teams with white than navy. I would have liked either silver or Columbia blue instead of navy.

 

2017 colors - 
White - Arizona, Buffalo, Jets, Miami, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Chargers

Navy - Chicago, Rams, Seattle, Houston, Denver

 

In 2018, it would appear to be 6 and 6 instead of 7 and 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If numbers are similar to LA Kings like the 20th anniversary logo it could be a good move forward. 

 

Maybe, but still a step backwards in virtually other aspect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny the Titans and Chargers have both had the opportunity to own powder blue, and both are refusing to embrace it.  The Titans could move to a powder blue helmet, be the only one in the league to have one, and stand out, but nope...of course it will be navy instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjd77 said:

Funny the Titans and Chargers have both had the opportunity to own powder blue, and both are refusing to embrace it.  The Titans could move to a powder blue helmet, be the only one in the league to have one, and stand out, but nope...of course it will be navy instead.

 

That does seem to be the problem - not that there are too many navy helmets, but that there are too many navy teams in general, and the Titans are adding more navy to their scheme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Funny the Titans and Chargers have both had the opportunity to own powder blue, and both are refusing to embrace it.  The Titans could move to a powder blue helmet, be the only one in the league to have one, and stand out, but nope...of course it will be navy instead.

 

Purely speculative, but could it be that navy simply "tests" better for merchandising? Even the Seahawks, who "own" the most unique color in the NFL, keep things grounded with navy.

 

*1,000th post alert* attaboy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off-topic, but isn’t this the kind of thing that should have gone in the existing “Titans Uniform Change” thread?

 

We can’t even have a thread discussing the NBA’s third-uniform program without it being summarily moved into a 300+ page megathread, but we can have two separate threads about the Titans’ new duds?  One for just the helmet?  The new criteria are weird.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Off-topic, but isn’t this the kind of thing that should have gone in the existing “Titans Uniform Change” thread?

 

We can’t even have a thread discussing the NBA’s third-uniform program without it being summarily moved into a 300+ page megathread, but we can have two separate threads about the Titans’ new duds?  One for just the helmet?  The new criteria are weird.  

 

I think it happened because it was posted as a news post. It seems that any news articles posted automatically get their own threads. It was done by "NewsBot". Maybe I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Off-topic, but isn’t this the kind of thing that should have gone in the existing “Titans Uniform Change” thread?

 

We can’t even have a thread discussing the NBA’s third-uniform program without it being summarily moved into a 300+ page megathread, but we can have two separate threads about the Titans’ new duds?  One for just the helmet?  The new criteria are weird.  

I had posted it in that thread earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I think it happened because it was posted as a news post. It seems that any news articles posted automatically get their own threads. It was done by "NewsBot". Maybe I'm wrong.

 

That makes sense for starting it, but keeping it?  Still strange.

 

4 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I had posted it in that thread earlier.

 

And that's cool.  Definitely belongs there.  It's more about allowing duplicate threads on some topics but not others that I find odd.  It's the uneven application of rules that I find frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

And that's cool.  Definitely belongs there.  It's more about allowing duplicate threads on some topics but not others that I find odd.  It's the uneven application of rules that I find frustrating.

I completely agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Off-topic, but isn’t this the kind of thing that should have gone in the existing “Titans Uniform Change” thread?

 

We can’t even have a thread discussing the NBA’s third-uniform program without it being summarily moved into a 300+ page megathread, but we can have two separate threads about the Titans’ new duds?  One for just the helmet?  The new criteria are weird.  

It is most likely an account that posts news for the members to see controlled by the website.

 

Thanks for defending my case anyway haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The helmet is the part of the uniform that represents your team the most. The Titans are switching to the same color as a team in their division in which they used to call their city home. How many navy teams does the NFL need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now