Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Didn't we also learn Joe Bosack had a part in that font design? 

Talking about 2 different fonts, the one Ashley Strauss used (Crayfish AS Bold) is different than the one Bosack created (which looks like Brothers). You can tell by the S's, Crayfish S's have some rounded corners whereas the Bosack one does not.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time a jersey leaks, someone claims it's fake.

Who on the planet would have the motivation to leak a fake jersey and also the means to manufacture something that looks believably real? It's an absurd notion.

Remember when these were purportedly fake? (Read the comments, it's hilarious). 

12 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Who on the planet would have the motivation to leak a fake jersey and also the means to manufacture something that looks believably real? It's an absurd notion.

Ya know, that's actually a good point. I guess as a Titans fan it's just wishful thinking on my part that they're not real

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

One day there will be ads on all American pro team uniforms, and the design will slightly change every year. This will include the NFL's London Monarchs, and it'll all start to make sense.

It's clearly where we're headed. Soccer has done that forever. NCAA does it now, though without ads. The NBA just started. Here we go!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 3/31/2018 at 9:52 AM, C-Squared said:

I read an article years ago about how unusually well Titans merch sold country-wide their first few seasons, even for an elite team. Obviously, on-field success is #1, and new looks always sell, but the article suggested the "neutral" feel of the Titans brand was digestible outside Nashville. Between the new city and brand, they almost felt like an expansion team.  Their main rivals were teams like Jacksonville, Baltimore, Houston... other newer, neutral teams. Everything lined up just right.

I think their neutrality has devolved from cool and new to stale and irrelevant. It will be interesting to see if this softer refresh pairs with their on-field success to shake things up again.

It's funny. I'm from Nashville, so obviously the Titans are my favorite team. My extended family is in Illinois. I remember visiting Springfield in 2003 and going to the mall. They had three teams prominently featured for NFL merch:St.Louis Rams(closest team and one with recent success), the Bears(historical favorite team of the area) and you guessed it, the Tennessee Titans. The store employees said the Titans sold the most gear.

I actually think the Titans would be extremely marketable if they were branded correctly. First, the team should be the Nashville Titans as Nashville is one of the hottest cities in the country. This would make them more marketable regionally in Kentucky and Alabama to college fans who might be reticent to cheer for a team with 'Tennessee' in front. Titans is a great name, they have great colors. The whole identity isn't done well.

If this rebrand were perfect it should be a light blue helmet, navy jersey with solid light blue numerals in that font they use on social media, light blue pants. Use the greek meander pattern for the helmet stripe, shoulder stripes and pant stripes.

I'll be very disappointed if they indeed are going with a navy helmet. I want a light blue helmet, but I'd rather they stay with white than go with navy.

57 minutes ago, ThorSkaagi said:

I can't believe this entire forum is falling for such an obvious fake lmao

(I'm actually terrified that I'm way wrong and these are real)

Honestly, most of the jersey looks pretty legit. 

The only things that look off are: Wordmark looks crooked, Number looks too thin/wrinkly/badly stitched. 

Aside from that it looks pretty legit. 

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Columbia Blue color rush should be back. For those of you who are sexually attracted to Columbia Blue, you can have that. And I know some of you are.

That is not a good thing. That is laughably far from being a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Rebuy said:

It's funny. I'm from Nashville, so obviously the Titans are my favorite team. My extended family is in Illinois. I remember visiting Springfield in 2003 and going to the mall. They had three teams prominently featured for NFL merch:St.Louis Rams(closest team and one with recent success), the Bears(historical favorite team of the area) and you guessed it, the Tennessee Titans. The store employees said the Titans sold the most gear.

I actually think the Titans would be extremely marketable if they were branded correctly. First, the team should be the Nashville Titans as Nashville is one of the hottest cities in the country. This would make them more marketable regionally in Kentucky and Alabama to college fans who might be reticent to cheer for a team with 'Tennessee' in front. Titans is a great name, they have great colors. The whole identity isn't done well.

If this rebrand were perfect it should be a light blue helmet, navy jersey with solid light blue numerals in that font they use on social media, light blue pants. Use the greek meander pattern for the helmet stripe, shoulder stripes and pant stripes.

I'll be very disappointed if they indeed are going with a navy helmet. I want a light blue helmet, but I'd rather they stay with white than go with navy.

I totally agree. Titans is a fantastic nickname, with a lot of great potential imagery to draw from. The Titans seem very opposed to using any of that though. The color scheme is also great, but as this leak may prove, a hierarchy of color is really important. Two tone blue should be the emphasis with pops of red and maybe some subtle silver accents. As of now, it's unclear whether columbia blue or silver will serve as the secondary color.

The quality of the leaks definitely had me questioning their legitimacy too, the crooked placement of everything is puzzling, and the tv numbers don't feature the same serif as the main number. However it would just be so unlikely that somebody began producing fakes for a random jersey design. 

All that said, I'll obviously try and reserve final judgements for when we see the full set on a player. As of now, it looks like it improves some things and downgrades others. I dig the sword-shaped yoke, but side panels rarely work for me. Unlike many here, I actually liked the old number font, and prefer it a lot to what I've seen so far of this new one. It's definitely the weakest part of the jersey to me. The old white Titans helmet never worked unless it was worn with white pants, which was not often enough unfortunately. That is why I am cautiously excited to see a navy helmet. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I mean, this kinda stuff does happen with soccer jerseys on a semi-regular basis. Someone mocks up a version of United's kit or Barcelona's kit or whoever's kit based on rumors, and the counterfeit jerseys start coming out a couple months later, well in advance of the actual kit release -- the counterfeiters are trying to get your money ahead of time.

It's at the least plausible.

6fQjS3M.png

3 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

I mean, this kinda stuff does happen with soccer jerseys on a semi-regular basis. Someone mocks up a version of United's kit or Barcelona's kit or whoever's kit based on rumors, and the counterfeit jerseys start coming out a couple months later, well in advance of the actual kit release -- the counterfeiters are trying to get your money ahead of time.

It's at the least plausible.

Not when you consider that it's never happened in the NFL, and that the global market for counterfeit Titans jerseys is quite a bit smaller than that for Barca shirts.

Plus the real things come out in two days. Why release a fake right now?

Just now, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Not when you consider that it's never happened in the NFL, and that the global market for counterfeit Titans jerseys is quite a bit smaller than that for Barca shirts.

Plus the real things come out in two days. Why release a fake right now?

I'm not saying that's what's happening here (I don't think it is), but people leaking jerseys that are (a) fake and (b) manufactured to be believably real is something that literally happens -- it's not an absurd notion.

6fQjS3M.png

Let's not ignore the big neon dong either (never thought I'd type that).

It was definitely put on there to deter sharing. If this was an elaborate Photoshop by somebody, this would not be on there.

The word mark isn’t close to centered - the second T is under the point of the shield. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The number font sucks. Why it need to be flat on top and bottom? Also hope we aren’t looking at a Vikings type number where there’s different versions of each number depending on if it’s left or right. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived