Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not evolution it’s just Nike talking another team into using grey, different finish on a helmet that will show up on a colored helmet rather than white, and slapping on a chrome face mask. I believe the jags will be better because I think the backlash the owner got from going all in on Nike allowed him to side with big bad Tom and tell Nike to shut up. Jags win and we haven’t even seen the final product. 

17 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Why is there a seam running down the middle of the shoulder yoke?

I think thats present in the teaser videos as well. Could be a unique cut for the Titans. 

22 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

This is not evolution it’s just Nike talking another team into using grey, different finish on a helmet that will show up on a colored helmet rather than white, and slapping on a chrome face mask. I believe the jags will be better because I think the backlash the owner got from going all in on Nike allowed him to side with big bad Tom and tell Nike to shut up. Jags win and we haven’t even seen the final product. 

I see that AFC South rival fans are beginning to gang up on it already. ;)

In all seriousness, I feel like these new sets for the Titans and Jags may end up representing opposite shortcomings- the Titans set representing trying to do too much, while the Jags set exemplifies simplification to the point of dullness. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, henburg said:

I think thats present in the teaser videos as well. Could be a unique cut for the Titans. 

I see that AFC South rival fans are beginning to gang up on it already. ;)

In all seriousness, I feel like these new sets for the Titans and Jags may end up representing opposite shortcomings- the Titans set representing trying to do too much, while the Jags set exemplifies simplification to the point of dullness. 

Dull is always better than doing too much. Look at the recent updates from the Twins and D-backs. The Twins went duller and just added gold , the D-backs added diamonds and gradients. A plain uniform with a little evolution is better than whatever Nike :censored:-storm is unleashed upon the Titans

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

So, I guessed on all that, right? Right down to the side panels (who anyone faking wouldn’t think of since they’ve been so obsolete)

As for the gradients, just remember you haven’t seen the whole thing. I’ll be back for my curtain call when the helmet and pants are public. ???

10 minutes ago, DanParker said:

So, I guessed on all that, right? Right down to the side panels (who anyone faking wouldn’t think of since they’ve been so obsolete)

As for the gradients, just remember you haven’t seen the whole thing. I’ll be back for my curtain call when the helmet and pants are public. ???

I don't care if this guy is right or wrong...I love the sh!tstorm he whips up!  Makes the boards entertaining, if nothing else!

Assuming these are accurate, I'm most disappointed that the red is so-little used in this. Designs like this, to me, are just screaming to have a bright accent color mixed in liberally. Applying so little of it -- and on the Swoosh no less -- seems like a missed opportunity.

I felt the same way with Nike's redesign of the Timberwolves. And over-reliance on dull, dark tones, and an uber-minimalist approach with brightness. The fact that the double-blues here are paired with gray makes it seem even worse. 

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

Assuming these are accurate, I'm most disappointed that the red is so-little used in this. Designs like this, to me, are just screaming to have a bright accent color mixed in liberally. Applying so little of it -- and on the Swoosh no less -- seems like a missed opportunity.

I felt the same way with Nike's redesign of the Timberwolves. And over-reliance on dull, dark tones, and an uber-minimalist approach with brightness. The fact that the double-blues here are paired with gray makes it seem even worse. 

Agree.  Hearing the rumors of the 3 (red) stars, I was hoping they'd end up on the sleeves.  We can't see the whole sleeve in the jersey in this pic, but I doubt they're there if they're on the inside of the neckband.  Which is why we got a Red Swoosh (which I also really like).  I wish they could've snuck ,more Columbia Blue into the upper half of the jersey somewhere instead of in the side panel.  Pet Peeve:  I hate when TV numbers don't match jersey numbers.  This drives me nuts in this case, too.

Now, if the Side Panel is actually like WVU's...I may not hate it:

Image result for wvu football 2017

58 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Why is there a seam running down the middle of the shoulder yoke?

Split color (silver-white), like the sword in the logo. The Titans' teaser had a seam going through the middle of the swoosh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oh no. You don’t get to do this. From day one I’ve been courteous and friendly and have still been called a liar, a fraud, a loser, and harassed in PM’s. Now that I’ve been proven right you don’t get to turn heel and say the power has gone to my head. 

You’d better believe I’m enjoying it after the crap some of you put me through. In other communities one might even consider an apology in an instance like this.

4 minutes ago, DanParker said:

Oh no. You don’t get to do this. From day one I’ve been courteous and friendly and have still been called a liar, a fraud, a loser, and harassed in PM’s. Now that I’ve been proven right you don’t get to turn heel and say the power has gone to my head. 

You’d better believe I’m enjoying it after the crap some of you put me through. In other communities one might even consider an apology in an instance like this.

Crown him king of uniforms. Chris Creamer needs to step down. All hail emporer Dan

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

From day one you offered to provide evidence to a mod and then never did. You can't claim to have evidence that you're wiling to share but then never share it and be all shocked that people then don't believe you. So much of "what you've been through" could've been prevented had you simply followed through on this claim in your very first message on this board (which is what a lot of us were asking for this whole time).

That said, nobody deserves to be harassed via PMs so that part isn't cool and those people should be reported if it happened.

My love for uniforms and logos is not steered by the teams I follow. I think the helmet will be sweet and a much needed change but the jersey seems like a bunch of Nike designers got together and used every idea kinda like jags present and bucs. Vikings and dolphins sorta got it right

22 minutes ago, DanParker said:

You were wrong on all counts regarding the Jags, and there is no indication that you have been right on the Raiders or Browns.

Your insider info regarding the Titans didn't even begin to get detailed until the leaks started, meaning you just made educated guesses regarding what we all saw.

Further? After coming out and offering to show your insider info to a mod? I stepped up and accepted. I repeated myself at least twice in public and once in PM, finally having to give you a warning point just so you would acknowledge the request. The request you asked for.

Nothing you've posted here, or anything the Titans have unveiled, proves anything about your "credentials."

Archived