Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

Just to remind us of just who we are...

I just clicked an ESPN story of the NFL investigating the leak.  The story included the photo.  One of the reader comments was that he'd never have realized it was not the old jersey if the story did not tell him so.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

I sent a a screenshot of it to a friend of mine and he said, "Looks the same." So yeah, we're a bunch of dorks. 

Are they colorblind?

8 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

I had a friend of mine look over and tell me it looked like Carolina. I think we care a bit too much sometimes

Your friend is obviously from an alternate universe where Carolina's uniforms look absolutely nothing like their uniforms from this universe.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This?? I don't think I've ever seen anyone say this was dirty white.

Ronde+Barber+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Caro

That was a great uniform that the Bucs had no business tampering with.

Really stupid!  ?

42 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Does anyone else think a full side panel might work better than this partial version? I would prefer none at all, but it feels so incomplete this way.

Depends on what they do with the pants.

If that’s the Jersey then it’s an extreme disappointment. The current unis has its flaws but it was tolerable, even if a holdover from the 90s design aspect. This just looks bad. The silver yoke is okay-ish at best, but the Columbia armpits feel forced.

and that number. My lord. Jagged and unique for the sake of being jagged and unique. I don’t want to give Dan Parker any credit but he did mention Oregon and they did have some pretty fugly numbers. 

How does Nike continue to just be so....bad? The Bucs are a train wreck, the Browns are a clutter...Jax is (hopefully) reverting to something much better but their currents are just, not as good as they could be. I know Nike just presents the concepts and the teams have the final say but holy crap someone take a stand and tell Nike to F off at this point

4 hours ago, Rebuy said:

If this is indeed it, then I feel compelled to wait. Completely disappointed as I thought the Titans were about to develop something coherent with their identity. All the stuff they've used on social media, consistent font, greek meander pattern isn't even being used. Amazing.

I feel bad for you as a fan.  Such a let down.  IMO they are way too busy and still lack an identity.  I am scared to see what Nike offered up for my Jags. 

If the leaks are real (and all signs point to them being real) I don't the hate jersey but it definitely a downgrade. 

Kept the yoke, but made it "sword" shaped and gray instead of the beautiful columbia blue, added pointless shoehorned Falcons-esque pit stains/panels/piping hybrid that looks like it was leftover from mid-2000s reebok stock and then of course, Nike-fied custom font, but we knew that was coming.

Interested to see the Roads and Columbia (well hopefully columbia and not silver or red) Alts.

If you just change the yokes from gray to columbia and dropped whatever is going on under the arms it wouldn't have a bad modern update.

44 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

That was a great uniform that the Bucs had no business tampering with.

Really stupid!  ?

If they would've just kept this font on the new designs, they'd be stellar.  Anyway, back to the Titans.  That Grey/Columbia Blue jersey in the bag in the back box has me excited.  Someone tried saying that's just "packing tissue", but it's not...Nike puts that on the back of the jersey and folds it before placing it in plastic, never on the outside.

1 hour ago, Htown1141 said:

I had a friend of mine look over and tell me it looked like Carolina. I think we care a bit too much sometimes

Yeah, but it's good to have a place like this where we can whine and complain about minute uniform details without it being drowned out with, "WHO CARES AS LONG AS WE WIN!?" 

6 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Yeah, but it's good to have a place like this where we can whine and complain about minute uniform details without it being drowned out with, "WHO CARES AS LONG AS WE WIN!?" 

Those comments always crack me up, because the Titans' social media posts about the unveiling are drowning in them. It's as if people think that a professional organization can only focus on one thing at a time.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, KouPilot said:

Thats on me, I left myself wide open on that one. totally spaced out the dong.

Story of my life, man.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

With all the dumba-- metaphorical BS Nike dishes out, did nobody designing these uniforms stop to think that a sword-shaped yoke makes it look like the player's head is getting chopped off?

59 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

FIFY. Remember, it's all about the $$$ the people on this board don't matter. No one actually gives a :censored: about fans when it comes to uniform design

Not sure you know how this works.  Can't blame Nike.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Depends on what they do with the pants.

Full-length side panels only look good when combined with matching solid-color pants - like the Rams.  Otherwise you invariably get mismatched stripes - either totally mismatched colors, or misaligned ones like the Patriots have.  

If they really wanted some color on the sides - and I think there's a chance this could look OK once we see it - tapering is the way to go 99.99% of the time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived