Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been fine with the sword-like yoke had it just been one color, but it looks a bit off with it two-toned gray/silver and then you add in the red Swoosh, columbia body, and navy-and-white numbers.  Just feels like too many colors for one jersey.

Just now, WBeltz said:

I don't think it looks too bad. If you get rid of the pit stains, change the number and change the "sword" to a solid color, its average at best completely redesign the uniform

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don’t think it’s that bad, but yeah, there’s one (or possibly even two) too many colors there. For me I would’ve made the sword yoke white/light gray on both the navy and light blue jerseys, and then obviously eliminated the pit stains. And then change the numbers on the light blue jerseys to white with a navy outline. Keep the red limited to the Nike swooshes and the three stars inside the collar. And I’d either completely change the number font or make it unified with the shoulder numbers, without the point in the upper right corner.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Unless I missed something previously said, why is the the serif only present on the front number? 

Only Nike and Tennessee can answer that.  Makes no sense to have two different number fonts.

"....the serif represents the aggressive nature of the Titans franchise; it dares to be different, pointing forward...the number on the back has no serif because it's behind them - - it's in the past, and this Titans franchise is all about the future."

- Some Nike Mouthpiece with a silk scarf up his rectum

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hoo-doggy, that two-toned shoulder sword sure is some kind of egregious mistake. Doing all this to the uniform and nothing to the logos or wordmark really emphasizes how poorly this redesign was done start-to-finish, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Unless I missed something previously said, why is the the serif only present on the front number? 

looking at the shoulder image, it appears the serif is on the back too. So its a font size issue I'm guessing?

On 4/2/2018 at 5:06 PM, DanParker said:

Oh no. You don’t get to do this. From day one I’ve been courteous and friendly and have still been called a liar, a fraud, a loser, and harassed in PM’s. Now that I’ve been proven right you don’t get to turn heel and say the power has gone to my head. 

You’d better believe I’m enjoying it after the crap some of you put me through. In other communities one might even consider an apology in an instance like this.

Proven right is a stretch: 

"There is a silver jersey, a navy jersey, a white jersey, and a red jersey. All of them majorly feature Columbia Blue. Red is color rush, either silver or navy will be the primary, and while my brain says navy I really hope it’s the silver one because that jersey is going to turn heads and deserves to be seen for more than twice a year."

You forgot the columbia blue jersey

hqdefault.jpg

90758391980.gif

It's a very Nike NFL thing to have the shoulder numbers be different than the front/back ones. The shoulder numbers on the Seahawks and Jaguars each have one less layer than the main numbers do.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's hard to tell, but is that a mannequin on the right? At first glance, it looked like it had metallic silver pants. After looking more closely, it looks like they are navy with the silver metallic effect coming from the sunlight and clear wrap. 

Not much to gather from this other than a potential all navy combo. 

DZ9puZ0XUAgbtOa.jpg:large

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Oh dear. I was on board with all of this until the beveled shoulder. That’s... unfortunate. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Call me crazy, but it is an upgrade. Not too bad, but I will reserve full judgment for the full revealing tonight. 

I think everyone is overreacting for a few leaks. But if they are true...the two toned yolks are a downgrade from the past, but over all the uniforms look better. The addition of gray is smart. The numbers look downright goofy. And the red nike looks GREAT. Like I said though, this is all subject to change after the reveal. Like what I see so far, the navy looks great and the Columbia is...acceptable.

6 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I think everyone is overreacting for a few leaks. But if they are true...the two toned yolks are a downgrade from the past, but over all the uniforms look better. The addition of gray is smart. The numbers look downright goofy. And the red nike looks GREAT. Like I said though, this is all subject to change after the reveal. Like what I see so far, the navy looks great and the Columbia is...acceptable.

I don't think it is subject to change, considering we're seeing retail-ready jerseys already. No way they'd sell those then just change it up before August.

Archived