Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

10 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Call me crazy

Yeah, you're crazy.  This is utter dreck.

12 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

It's hard to tell, but is that a mannequin on the right? At first glance, it looked like it had metallic silver pants. After looking more closely, it looks like they are navy with the silver metallic effect coming from the sunlight and clear wrap. 

Not much to gather from this other than a potential all navy combo. 

DZ9puZ0XUAgbtOa.jpg:large

HAHA this is such trash.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ThorSkaagi said:

I don't think it is subject to change, considering we're seeing retail-ready jerseys already. No way they'd sell those then just change it up before August.

Not what I meant, my OPINION is subject to change. A bad helmet and ahem *metalic silver pants* could ruin it for me. 

4 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Nike saw that Titans fans prefer the alternate logo to the flaming thumbtack and then took things way too far. 

32764-6-tennessee-titans-transparent-ima

I prefer it too. Just not to the point were it needs to be somehow twisted into a shoulder yolk. The Titans have a really ugly logo set. 

Sneak preview of the emcee at tonight's unveiling, as the audience tries their best not to puke:

giphy.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Pleeeeeeeeeease god give us shiny metallic silver pants.

I'd spring for an authentic if the silver was like the old Preds sleeves from their inaugural set.

If they were dead set on the yoke being two different grays, they should've used a lighter version of the darker one. Make it subtle. What they did is... not good. Don't like the navy numbers either. Not optimistic at all.

So I don't hate the idea of the beveled shoulder yoke but the execution sucks. The two shades of gray don't say sword blade to me or bevel, they just look like two shades of gray and one is either too dark or the other is too light. Maybe the yoke will look better over shoulder pads and in the real game uniform material, but so far it just looks bad.

So that's Navy Blue, Columbia Blue, Red, White, Dark Grey, and Light Grey... They actually did it. They came up with a uniform that had more colors than the 02-10 Bills uniform... Impressive.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

8 minutes ago, waldowest said:

If they were dead set on the yoke being two different grays, they should've used a lighter version of the darker one. Make it subtle. What they did is... not good. Don't like the navy numbers either. Not optimistic at all.

I think they used a darker gray to emphasize it. If the two grays were close in shade, people would be asking if it was a material problem.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, coogrfan said:

Missing the point and snarky, smug condescension all in one post? Impressive.

Yes, I know why they changed the name and look. My point was that, from a purely aesthetic pov, the Titans have yet to come up with a look that is anywhere near as good as what they had when they were the Oilers. 

Oh, I understood your point. I don't think it makes sense though. The Houston Oilers identity can't be purely aesthetically transplanted to the Tennessee Titans. It's been too long, there isn't a willingness or a desire from the relevant stakeholders, and it's just not worth it at this point.

If I was a Titans fan, I wouldn't want it. I wouldn't care about pure aesthetics, even as a UOP (uniform-obsessed person). I wouldn't want the.... Nationals to adopt the entire Expos identity except the logo. The Nats are my team. They have a distinct history and identity. You can't just take purely aesthetic considerations into account. The goal is to make the best aesthetic possible in light of all the other relevant and important factors.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Just now, WSU151 said:

I think they used a darker gray to emphasize it. If the two grays were close in shade, people would be asking if it was a material problem.

Oh, I totally agree with that. I'm sure that's what they wanted. I just think it'd work better if it was a more subtle detail, even if some people did question what was going on. 

2 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

From looking at the photos of the mannequins, I'm thinking the one that's supposed to hold the new one has no uniform at all yet.  It looks like the shiny gray resin/plastic that most mannequins are made of.

SO IT'S NAKED?!?!

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

11 minutes ago, waldowest said:

If there is any consolation (and there might not be), the teaser video made it look like the two-tone gray effect will be way more subtle on the authentic jerseys. 

1 minute ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

If there is any consolation (and there might not be), the teaser video made it look like the two-tone gray effect will be way more subtle on the authentic jerseys. 

That's actually something I didn't think about, so it does make me feel a little better. I'm sure it'll look different on the field and in the sun too, but that picture makes it look glaringly bad. 

Archived