Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

I actually like the sword-like shoulder caps, big improvement over the blue ones they had before. Maybe now they are the "Shoulder Cap Team?" Anyway, the navy helmet and lack of red make this a mediocre uniform to me, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

I've been staring at these jerseys for a half hour and couldn't figure out what was missing.

then it hit me!!!!

35jjrlw.jpg

That sir is the post of the year... I nearly died laughing!

Just now, FALCON6 said:

I actually like the sword-like shoulder caps, big improvement over the blue ones they had before. Maybe now they are the "Shoulder Cap Team?" Anyway, the navy helmet and lack of red make this a mediocre uniform to me, though.

They were already the shoulder-yoke team.. Which, most would argue they still are, just not as well-executed

The helmet is a MASSIVE upgrade... and the Columbia blue jersey is a single-colored grey yoke and number color inversion from being amazing.

I'm not totally against it. I'd probably buy a Lewan or a Henry.

I love how a few chalk the complaining up to us being grumps or that we fear change. The truth is this look is a downgrade. The Titans needed an update but not like this. The sword time is a terrible idea and even worse in execution. The number font is terrible. The pant stripes are underwhelming. I personally don't even like the helmet. It's just a very poor look.

1 minute ago, WavePunter said:

They were already the shoulder-yoke team.. Which, most would argue they still are, just not as well-executed

Oh, thanks. Knew there was an actual term, couldn't think of it. Just noticed the two-tone grey though, don't like that.

1 minute ago, ColeJ said:

The helmet is a MASSIVE upgrade... and the Columbia blue jersey is a single-colored grey yoke and number color inversion from being amazing.

I'm not totally against it. I'd probably buy a Lewan or a Henry.

Old helmet, maybe red numbers, and I'm with you.

16 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

I don’t know, there’s something so... discombobulated with this whole set. Like I look at navy-light blue-white combo, and it looks like nothing matches. These just aren’t it.

Exactly. None of the elements (helmet, jersey, pants) match another. Same issue as the old set. 

That said, I didn’t hate the old set and I don’t hate these. I get how the youngins and unschooled would call these #fire, and how CCSLC traditionalists would hate them. 

As for me, I’m neutral on the new uniforms. 

Overall, I prefer these to the previous set. I thought the old set didn't age well and the team needed to get something new. Still, there are plenty of things I don't like. The swords on the shoulders are extra and the lack of color in the white pants makes the uniform look out of balance, but overall I think the set works -- especially with the new helmet. I don't mind the armpit panels as much as I thought I would.

Nike's streak of designing uniforms that are specifically designed to be completely out-of-fashion in 5 years continues.

I loathe those shoulder caps and side panels. The rest of the uniform is... okay? Unremarkable? Completely overshadowed by how awful those two elements are? Ugh.

1 minute ago, FALCON6 said:

Oh, thanks. Knew there was an actual term, couldn't think of it. Just noticed the two-tone grey though, don't like that.

Well, you were using a term that exists, but they are more commonly called sleeve-caps (but sometimes shoulder-caps as well), and they refer what are actually correctly called cap-sleeves, which is just the small rounded Alex's sleeves worn by linemen and some skill players

Now the  thing is competing with itself. I really think mods need to think about how to handle not only dup or trip threads, but threads for things that the “megathread policy” forbids. The marlins retiring the orange jersey and Braves cap patch are against policy and in theory would be deleted if started by a human and not a toaster. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Overall, it's a B but this easily could have been an A with a few tweaks.  The pants just seem too plain now, especially the white ones since the grays don't stand out enough.  I'm not the biggest fan of the underarm color blocks but I get that they're there to keep both blues on the jersey with the yoke no longer being available to do that.  The navy helmet isn't bad but I still like the white helmet better.

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Now the  thing is competing with itself. I really think mods need to think about how to handle not only dup or trip threads, but threads for things that the “megathread policy” forbids. The marlins retiring the orange jersey and Braves cap patch are against policy and in theory would be deleted if started by a human and not a toaster. 

Guess someone merged? Good work. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

"Let's take the absolute best features of our uniforms and completely nuke them!"

So long Columbia blue, so long beautiful pants stripes. Hello flaming garbage!

cropped_GettyImages-612681286.jpg?ts=149

But you can barely even see the Swoosh on these!!

Why do I feel like at least 100 people in this thread could have come up with something better??

That said...

Helmet is an upgrade

Font is a wash. It sucked before and still sucks. Looks like WV now though

Overall, the Titans have always been pretty irrelevant and this doesn't change that fact

25 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

"Let's take the absolute best features of our uniforms and completely nuke them!"

So long Columbia blue, so long beautiful pants stripes. Hello flaming garbage!

cropped_GettyImages-612681286.jpg?ts=149

Make the swoosh and wordmark red on these, update the number font to the one used on social media, and VIOLA!!! updated identity that doesn't suck @$$

8 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Nike's streak of designing uniforms that are specifically designed to be completely out-of-fashion in 5 years continues.

It's not like the previous Titans uniforms didn't have that problem. They overstayed their welcome.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived