Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I think you may need to keep working.  That 4 looks like a 9 unless you put it next to a 9. 

Right on, I actually took a break from working on this to clear my mind and came back and realized it didn't look right. I tend to do things sometimes and convince myself something is supposed to look like what it is supposed to but others see it differently. That's why I love this place. I've been so stuck on this concept lately its crazy, haven't worked on anything quite like this in a while. But anyways after working and reworking every aspect of the Titans new uniforms I have to say they are bad but not as bad as I thought watching the release. Kind of like the Buc's uniforms, I love em and hate em at the same time. lol

Here is the modification I did to the 4. Extended the bottom to the side to give it a little nub without adding to much extra width and then lowered the whole bottom line. I think the main problem was it was to top heavy.

Titants%20Numbers_zpsucst16lt.png

2 hours ago, schultzcore said:

I was hoping for this, especially with Mariota as the franchise face. Hate the new helmet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/05/titans-considered-a-metallic-silver-helmet/

Would've been better and solved a lot of the color balance issues with this set.  They could've done a subtle two-tone Grey with a Navy or Columbia mask and really balanced all of this out.

5 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

Right on, I actually took a break from working on this to clear my mind and came back and realized it didn't look right. I tend to do things sometimes and convince myself something is supposed to look like what it is supposed to but others see it differently. That's why I love this place. I've been so stuck on this concept lately its crazy, haven't worked on anything quite like this in a while. But anyways after working and reworking every aspect of the Titans new uniforms I have to say they are bad but not as bad as I thought watching the release. Kind of like the Buc's uniforms, I love em and hate em at the same time. lol

Here is the modification I did to the 4. Extended the bottom to the side to give it a little nub without adding to much extra width and then lowered the whole bottom line. I think the main problem was it was to top heavy.

Titants%20Numbers_zpsucst16lt.png

I don’t want discourage you because what you’re attempting to do is noble and good practice as a designer... but you’re fixing some problems by creating new ones. The angled bends in middle of the numerals stylistically clash with the straight lines along the sides. It is very reminiscent of the Bucs’ numerals, which are the ugliest numerals currently in use in professional sports. 

The problem isn’t with you... sometimes a bad number set is just a bad number set, regardless of how much effort is put into fixing them. 

16 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Am I the only one who gets a West Virginia football vibe from the font?

The new titans font looks like a mesh between West Virginia and Arizona Wildcats fonts.

a2BRS8U.png

I always hated the navy/baby blue combo with no inclusion of a color like red to "warm" the uniform. The old Titans uniforms always felt cold and soft. You need some red or something with that combo to give it a bit of life and movement. So just on a fundamental level-the new uniforms work for me. My only other real complaint is the baby blue side panels. Everything else I'm pretty cool with.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Don't mind the colors, but I think I found an acceptable font for the new Titans uniforms. And about every team in the league:

Athletic%20Block%20Spectrum.JPG

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 4/4/2018 at 8:29 PM, Pizzaman7294 said:

Genuinely curious why. I see no point in changing it to navy blue. 

It's not that I'm not open to change... I honestly dont see the point. 

I just prefer color helmets over white ones -- in most cases.

16 hours ago, WavePunter said:

The biggest issue with these changes is that they executed everything about as poorly as possible.. 

Leading up to the unveiling, I was planning a concept that I never got around to.. This was before any leaks or meaningful rumors..

My concept would have included sword-shaped yokes, but one-color, and matching the previous set's color schemes  (columbia  blue yoke on white and navy jerseys, navy yoke on columbia jersey).. Social media number font, colored like the previous set's numbers.. I would've changed the helmets to silver (one of the few rumors swirling was the inclusion of more red and silver) and increased the logo size slightly.. Navy mask.. Silver Pants with either striping from the previous set, or single, wide stripes (like the Saints), that correspond with the yoke color.. Red swooshes, wordmarks, maybe last name trim, and accessories (like gloves).. It would've ACTUALLY been an EVOLUTION like they've been promoting, rather than the borderline overhaul they presented us with..

its funny; one of the NFL guys in the video released with this specifically said this is “a revolution”. i had to rewind it and make sure i heard it right because of the Titans whole “evolution” thing. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

As someone who liked the old set, this new set swung and whiffed.  They succeeded in not looking like the Texans...but largely overthought the whole sword theme.  This would probably have looked better on the Scottish Claymores.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

4 minutes ago, joepro said:

Why are so many people on this forum so against anything that is not a boring block number font? Sports are supposed to be fun. Might as well have some fun with the uniforms.

People are weird.  That's mainly why.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived