SportsLogos.Net News

Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

When you step back far enough, most teams adequately preserve their core identities, even when their uniforms change. The Sabres slug is probably the best example of a team abandoning its core identity and turning its fan base against them in the process... as much as I hate the new Titans gear, I don't think they abandoned their brand, per se.

I know that a logo or uniform tweak constitutes the technical definition of a rebrand, but aside from irritating us sticklers, there is no real evidence (yet) that any NFL teams have sustained objective damage from Nike gear.

^yea maybe not abandoned their brand, but i think they've added confusion to it. one of my favorite designers, Brandon Rike, says "branding/design is taking someone else's 'crazy' and handing it back to them in a more organized way". i dont feel theres anything organized about the Titans look right now.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How come we don’t have the puke emoji anymore? I really need it right now. 

🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮

What could have been...

31816581_1653931981363747_66441311707222

Who can Photoshop the helmet above with their new uniforms? 

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

What could have been...

Would you look at that, the mostly dark and colored logo seems to stand out on a lighter helmet.  Who'd of thunk it?  Nah, just slap it on a boring, extremely dull navy helmet

22 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Man i really am not a fan of that helmet. It might be the finish, but something about it just screams "amateur". 

I think dark colors should never be flat.  Looks silly on cars, looks silly on helmets.  It's the spray-paint look.  On lighter colors, it's not bad.  It can show off metallic better, like the the fake helmet above.

On 5/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, mjd77 said:

What could have been...

Nice clean satin finish too. Switch the mask to navy, and it would be perfect.

CUSTOM-TENNESSEE-TITANS-NFL-Riddell-034-BLAZE-034-Speed-Replica-Football-Helmet41+2bza2sDL.jpg

Unpopular opinion. Light blue helmets have never looked good. 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Interesting thesis, I respect that.

Not even the classic Oilers, light blue Ole Miss, or Carolina blue UNC?

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm with you, with the possible exception of UNC.

I like that Titans one just sitting there on a table, but would hate it if the team wore them on the field.

11 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Interesting thesis, I respect that.

Not even the classic Oilers, light blue Ole Miss, or Carolina blue UNC?

I'm with BBTV in that UNC might be the exception. That said? I really do like their white helmets.

For Ole Miss? I tend to like their navy helmets. And the Oilers/Titans? I've always loved their white and silver helmets.

Those light blue helmets are really tacky IMO, I can't believe that they're getting so much praise. Outside of what we got, I would have really liked to see silver helmets before light blue. 

On 5/1/2018 at 3:03 PM, jdavidev said:

Would you look at that, the mostly dark and colored logo seems to stand out on a lighter helmet.  Who'd of thunk it?  Nah, just slap it on a boring, extremely dull navy helmet

That's a beautiful helmet.  Light years better than what they ended up with.  Truly sad.

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Yeah I uh... have always been really confused for the light blue fans here. They don't look like pro football helmets to me.

Saying hi to Brown1 and Daboi (?) and the other Angry Online guys who got suspended right now! Yes I know this totally contradicts what I said about plain white pants in the Jaguars forum.