Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

12 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think the issue is that white is the only color that really sets it off well, so when you muck it up with a red, yellow, dark blue, whatever face mask or logo, it doesn’t quite look right. It’s like you need the clouds against the sky. The only light blue helmets I like are UNC and the old Oilers one with the white logo and stripe.

I say you pretty well summed up the glaring issue with this new Titans helmet--and for that matter the current Buccaneers helmet--and that is "too many elements competing for attention".

First, we have a logo that was very obviously designed for a white helmet. To take that and now place it on a navy background causes the logo to lose some of its "pop", since elements clearly designed to stand out (the navy flames) now bleed into the background. (And that's to say nothing of the fact that, as yet, the helmet is the only occurrence of the "silver" keyline on the logo...I have yet to see that on any of the new gear.) so you got that going on, some kind of helmet stripe--and to top all that off, now we have a silver/gray facemask to further compete for attention. It's actually a microcosm of the uniform itself...way too much going on fighting for attention.

Juxtapose that with the new Jaguars helmet...the only thing your eye is drawn to is that helmet logo. That's it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived