Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

This might be them.

The Silver or white would be nice, preferably white, though. Silver and white, and navy blue, and baby blue, and red is a lot. The colors are a bit of a mess, maybe the pants and helmet can pull it together but I'm not really a fan of the jersey... I like the pointed yoke though, that's nice I guess.

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It is nothing at all more than an advertiser. Before Nike, Reebok / Russel et al didn’t even make the jerseys, just had their logos stitched on at the ripon factory in Wisconsin. 

Nike designs the material and template, so it's more than an advertiser. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

With the official release happening this week, retailers should be getting the new jerseys in. You can tell the photo was taken in the back room where they are sorting through their new inventory. Looks like the real deal to me.

As for the jerseys, I’ve never been a fan of shoulder yokes. The ‘sword’ panels on the shoulders seem to be more of a way to highlight the swoosh than anything. And I’m not sure what’s going on with the Columbia blue under the arm — it looks to be another random panel. Overall, the look feels very disjointed. Hopefully the pants and helmets will bring it all together. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

45 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

Maybe Dan Parker isn't a complete fraud?

Edit: He did say they had gradients though...

He is because he never followed through on his promise to provide actual visual evidence to a mod, even when a mod directly reached out to him. That alone is fraud status.

I don't understand how they managed to pull off the impossible feat of an even worse number font, but they did.

Adding gray is a complete waste. It should just be light blue.

This is another bad miss by Nike. We probably should have seen it coming when the guy who designed the new Browns uniforms was all over the Titans teaser video.

I definitely want to see it on a player before I make too many critiques, but I agree with the consensus here - underwhelming and meh. I actually like the premise of the sword yoke. The possibility of it being similar to Seattle's teardrop as solely used to highlight the Swoosh is expected with Nike at this point. Disappointing, but expected. As also mentioned, the numbers seem to have the Vikings' treatment only on the large chest and back numbers, not the TV numbers. Just another gimmick. The armpit panels - if that's what they are - are the worst part of this. I tried my best to convince myself they were just sleeve cuffs, but I can't. 

The AFC South had an opportunity to redesign 2 teams this season, and they're both most likely going to get butchered. Sad, really.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Silver pants.

SIIIILLLLVEERRRRR PAAAAAANTS

That silver yoke thing looks ok on navy, but I don't see it looking too hot on the away jersey.

Unless they go silver away and drop the white, with the navy yoke - there ya go.  That's the "massive change." :lol:

Anyway, I just want to see that mocked up with silver pants to go with that yoke.  Yeesh.

9 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'm guessing the pants will be similar to the Bucs and Jaguars with a cutoff stripe matching the light blue on the jersey.

As long as they keep the rest of the uniform simple, I don't think this will be as bad as everyone thinks.

Probably but it definitely falls into the Nike trope since they took over the NFL contract of "One bumper sticker too many." (Bucs, no digital clock numbers and its fine; Browns, take away the contrast stitching and the huge wordmarks and its fine; Vikings, eliminate the 'horns' on the numbers and its fine; Jags, no two tone helmet and its not terrible) 

They seem to not know when to just stop.  

The pit stains are just not a good idea. Under the arm is always an odd spot for a design element. I have no doubt that it's there for the sole purpose of matching with a similar pants stripe and injecting some Columbia blue into the jersey but its still dumb. 

Archived