Biggest Upgrades in Sports history

Milkman14

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing back the green and blue was such an aesthetic success, you wonder why they didn't do it years earlier.  You can complain about the lack of green on the Orca or the use of the arched script but the uniform is undoubtedly a massive upgrade over the comparatively dull West Coast Express look.

2NXAyHB.jpg

ImtiBZg.jpg

3 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Time might have distorted it, but the 97 Bucs set was the GOAT sports uni upgrade.

I feel like most Bucs creamsicle fans can't take off their kitsch goggles long enough to properly contextualize the Bucco Bruce identity as a poor standalone modern branding tool. As a quirky throwback, its fine. As a legitimate identity for a professional football team comprised of grown men, its a no. The players absolutely hated that fay, winking pirate.

Their long history of losing that happened to vanish the same year as Bruce was just a delightful bonus.

The Buccaneers were due for some overhaul because of how bad the franchise had been to that point and because everyone was calling their logo gay, whether obliquely or overtly. So I get that. I just think they tended to look like a washed-out 49ers and the pirate ship logo wasn't that great.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know the newer crest isn't universally popular but the old one was so embarrassing that almost any change was going to be a massive relief.. and anyway I like the new one, it's a bit generic but solid and potentially classic. 

us_soccer_logo_before_after.png

I'll try to explain my list. The teams on the list are the teams that were eliminated for a new uniform.

1. Mets (BFBS).(they look the best they have been now)

2. "V" Canucks

3.Blue Jays (BFBS)

4.Rockets(cartoon)

5.Avalanche(Reebok)

6. Buffalo Slug

7. Bills(we know the one)

8. 76ers(BFBS)

As the list shows, gee, I'm not a fan of BFBS.

Guest Wizza
25 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Image result for san francisco 49ers 1990

Image result for san francisco 49ers 2000

They're better. I associated drop shadows with the Niners for years and they looked great on them. Sue me.

Black doesn't mix well with the 9ers gold so its kinda an eyesore tbh, I much prefer the 1994 throwbacks unis which restrained its black to just make the numbers pop.

See the source image

9 hours ago, sozopol said:

I know the newer crest isn't universally popular but the old one was so embarrassing that almost any change was going to be a massive relief.. and anyway I like the new one, it's a bit generic but solid and potentially classic. 

us_soccer_logo_before_after.png

Wow. I don't follow soccer at all really anymore but played as a kid, and almost every year we'd get a sticker or patch of the old logo, so it has a nostalgic quality to it for me. But looking at it now for the first time in probably at least 20 years it is pretty bad. Just the logic of blue stripes and red behind the stars on something supposedly emulating the US flag is a strange design choice. 

Archived