Professional America Football Association; An Update

_DietDrPepper_

Edit: I’ve had to stop the Open Branding part of this project for personal reasons I hope you all understand. I still continue to post teams of my personal football league and I’d love if y’all stayed for the ride!

I’m gonna try something different with this thread, most threads show you the final, full fledged colored, rendered design and critique it from there. I’m going to try showing you guys every step. I’ve been inspired by Chris Creamers Open Branding Series. And want to try something sort of similar. Yes the final designs will be handrawn. But hopefully that doesn’t take away any respect. I plan to put a lot of time, as I already have put a lot of time into this project. You guys will see the steps I will take when creating a fictional team/league. No you wont be doing the work. But you will be helping me decide on stuff like colors, names, and designs for the teams of this league. I already have a few teams identities finished to give you an idea of what this will look like. Even though I say finished they are still up for change. 

I will hopefully be uploading frequently. But school is ramping up here at the end so there may be some slow times.

C&C is highly recommended and important.

Thanks for looking:P

Decided to put league progress here and set up divisions and conferences. 

•Teams underlined are done

•Cities shown already confirmed to have a team

West:

Pacific Division:

-Los Angeles Stars

-San Diego Devils

-San Francisco Dragons 

-Hawai’i

-Seattle

Rocky Mountain Divison

-Portland Thorns

-Arizona Gila Monsters

-Salt Lake City Yellow Jackets

-Denver

-Las Vegas

Great Plains Division:

-Houston Galaxy

-Dallas

-Omaha

-Oklahoma City

-Memphis

-Milwaukee

East:

New England Division:

-New York City Bulls

-Boston Frigates

-Pittsburgh Spiders

-Cleveland

-Washington

Great Lakes Division:

-Minnesota Bruins

-Chicago Kings

-Philadelphia Black Bears 

-Detroit Eights

-Indianapolis 

-Charlotte 

Southern Division:

-Miami Blazers

-Cincinnati Centurions 

-Orlando Threshers 

-Atlanta Foxes

-Birmingham Wildcats 

Edit: If anyone knows how to directly link these to the designs pm me!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first team I have already finished are the Chicago Kings.

The Kings are best known for the use of Columbia Blue and Sapphire Blue. They also have small traces of gold. The home uniforms purposely have no collar as they are a classic team and it’s something they’ve always had. 

Simple Design for a simple team

40ZC7sf.png

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The next team I’ve already finished are the San Diego Devils. This is another classic team.

The logo is an intertwined “S”, standing for San, and “D” the “D” standing for both Devils and Diego. 

They were a white helmet with the end of a devils tail pointing away from the face mask. The helmet also has devil horns on the front of the helmet. 

The home uniform is red with white collar and a white and sea green stripe. With the “D” logo on the sleeve caps. The away uniform is a copy of the home, just in white.

C&C appreciated

MY3a3BQ.png

3YCQJRO.png

33 minutes ago, texashockeyfan said:

Well, if you're going to do any teams in Texas, please try to steer clear of Western themed names.  We've got plenty of those already.  What cities do you plan to do? I can help you think of names. 

I already have most of the names came up with, although not all are final. Thanks for the offer though 

3YCQJRO.png

The penultimate team I have already done are the Philadelphia Black Bears

Again, another classic team. As the four I already have are. There’s not much to this design. 

The helmets are white with a silver black silver stripe running down the middle. Their face masks are silver.

The jerseys are pretty simple as well, silver at home white on the road.

cqhaZt8.png

The last team will be posted tomorrow. And then we’ll see how this goes from there. 

C&C is appreciated as always

3YCQJRO.png

Guest darkpiranha

These are good, and I also have one request.  Don't listen to anyone else trying to tell you what your logos should or shouldn't look like.  Make the logos whatever you want them to be, which you are doing a great job of so far.  Logos made from city initials are only lazy if there is no effort made to make them interesting.  Don't worry, you don't have that problem.   Should be a fun series to follow as it evolves (hopefully!) in the way you described at the beginning.

The last team I have already designed are the Minnesota Bruins.

The Bruins’ logo is a green bear paw print cutout subtly into the shape of an M. With blue claw marks.

The helmets are “Lake Blue” inspired by the lakes of Minnesota. They have the main paw print logo pasted on either side and a Northwestern stripe down the center. A silver face mask adorns the front.

The uniforms have colored shoulders, white at home and green on the road. The sleeve caps also have northwestern stripes that match the helmet. The custom number font replicated the effect of the cutout M on the main logo.

96k2YSL.png

3YCQJRO.png

So those were the four premade teams. Minnesota, Philly, San Diego, and Chicago. Out of all of them, looking back I may rework bits and pieces and clean up the overall design and presentation. 

Next we we will see how the “open branding” part plays into this. I will hopefully get the first part uploaded tonight, if not tonight tomorrow. Thanks for looking. C&C is highly appreciated and taken account for as always.

3YCQJRO.png

Okay, this is were it gets fun. I have sketched some potential ideas for a logo, for a Florida  team. I’m thinking, probably Miami, the name i previously had in mind were the Florida Blazers. But that’s not final yet.

I have four ideas with each there on variation. These are up to probably change. Hopefully C&C will come. 

First I have a lowercase ‘b’, standing for blazers, I know that may come as a bad idea. But I thought it was really cool looking and threw it in none the less, it came out really well. It comes in two different fiery designs. That’s option 1

Next, an emblem of sorts, of a flame with the team name written around it. This also comes in the two same fiery designs

The third option is a bit more out of the box. I wanted to tie in something with Miami Beach and the bright sun Florida is known to have. So in this design I’ve tied both fire and the sun together.

The other option, is a more simple logo. Something to do with the letter ‘m’, of course it may only be used if I roll with Miami as the name. It comes in two different logos. The first depicts a small flame burning above the letter M. The other shows a stronger fiercer fire burning behind and interlocking with the M.

pK5Yd5d.png

Heres to hoping this turns out like I hope it will, if it doesn’t, well I’ll roll on anyway. C&C highly appreciated

3YCQJRO.png

On 4/7/2018 at 11:21 AM, BellaSpurs said:

The next team I’ve already finished are the San Diego Devils. This is another classic team.

The logo is an intertwined “S”, standing for San, and “D” the “D” standing for both Devils and Diego. 

They were a white helmet with the end of a devils tail pointing away from the face mask. The helmet also has devil horns on the front of the helmet. 

The home uniform is red with white collar and a white and sea green stripe. With the “D” logo on the sleeve caps. The away uniform is a copy of the home, just in white.

C&C appreciated

MY3a3BQ.png

I don't really like the end of the tail on the helmet because it just looks like an arrow imo. Besides that, they are my favorite. Nice work!

Good job on these so far. Really neat and well done and all 4 teams look really nice (my favorite being Minnesota). 

For Miami, I like the third one. It's unique while representing fire and Florida's scorching heat. Compared to the other simpler designs in this series so far it really stands out. 

I think the Florida Blazers flows a bit better than Miami Blazers, so that would be my choice for the name.

1B is the winner out of all the logos for me. I really like how smoothly you fit the fireball/flame in the negative space of the B. Nice job!

On ‎9‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:32 AM, BellaSpurs said:

The last team I have already designed are the Minnesota Bruins.

The Bruins’ logo is a green bear paw print cutout subtly into the shape of an M. With blue claw marks.

The helmets are “Lake Blue” inspired by the lakes of Minnesota. They have the main paw print logo pasted on either side and a Northwestern stripe down the center. A silver face mask adorns the front.

The uniforms have colored shoulders, white at home and green on the road. The sleeve caps also have northwestern stripes that match the helmet. The custom number font replicated the effect of the cutout M on the main logo.

96k2YSL.png

I would of tried to add a capital m of sorts to the pad on the logo, other than that it's pretty good.

As for the Blazers, I like Miami more just so you can always add another Florida team.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

12 hours ago, VikingsAiden said:

I think the Florida Blazers flows a bit better than Miami Blazers, so that would be my choice for the name.

1B is the winner out of all the logos for me. I really like how smoothly you fit the fireball/flame in the negative space of the B. Nice job!

16 hours ago, ~Bear said:

Good job on these so far. Really neat and well done and all 4 teams look really nice (my favorite being Minnesota). 

For Miami, I like the third one. It's unique while representing fire and Florida's scorching heat. Compared to the other simpler designs in this series so far it really stands out. 

Thanks for the feedback :D

I did some more sketches branching from the original designs. But I also have some other ideas which if they turn out well, I may post. I also played around with the name Fire. Because that sounds better when paired with Miami.

Also at the lower right corner you see options X or Y, those aren’t logos. They’re actually flame designs. Both I have used within the prototype logos. But I’d like to see which one you guys think is better. X is more aggressive like a flamethrower where as Y is calmer like a campfire. Love to know whatcha think.

2augnwH.png

On 4/9/2018 at 10:35 PM, Luke13T said:

I don't really like the end of the tail on the helmet because it just looks like an arrow imo. Besides that, they are my favorite. Nice work!

Well a devils tail is meant to look like an arrow. I chose it because not only does it make me think of a devil, it can create a sense of motion. And it’s a little more creative that just slapping the logo on their and really gives the team it some thing to call their own.

3YCQJRO.png

Archived