Professional America Football Association; An Update

_DietDrPepper_

I finally got the Gila Monsters, or Gilas (as someone suggested) sketches done! Let me know what you think!

OURNmgs.png

For the first option I tried using the letter A. It comes off too similar to Philly to me but I think it could work maybe.

The second option is inspired by the Marion Blue Racers (http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/552625432012/Marion_Blue_Racers/2012/Primary_Logo) I was going through the home page looking for inspiration. I had a lot of trouble coming up for ideas and I thought this logo would really work. The Gila is coiled up around a football hissing at you with the text above and below it.

The third option is inspired by the Phoenix Suns’ first logo. It’s a Gila hissing at you like in the second option. All the stripes are simplified like in the first two.

C&C is highly appreciated. I had a hard time brainstorming ideas for this one and will take suggestions! PM me or say here any ideas you guys may have! 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really digging Option #2! I would tell you to have the gila's tail curve to make a G, but that would probably make the middle a little too crowded. Anyway, I love the pattern on the gila monster and the two fonts look pretty solid together. Nice job!

OB2sFI1.png

On 7/15/2018 at 9:53 PM, Griff 3man said:

I'm really digging Option #2! I would tell you to have the gila's tail curve to make a G, but that would probably make the middle a little too crowded. Anyway, I love the pattern on the gila monster and the two fonts look pretty solid together. Nice job!

On 7/15/2018 at 10:21 PM, DoctaC said:

2 & 3 both look fine to me, with 3 being the better of the two.

Thanks for the feedback! 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, DoctaC said:

Maybe you could use the Gila Monster’s pattern on the helmet? Kinda like the Bengals.

I had planned on just using it on the shoulders I had never thought about putting it on the helmets. That’s a fantastic idea! I love it

3YCQJRO.png

On 7/15/2018 at 8:53 PM, Griff 3man said:

I would tell you to have the gila's tail curve to make a G, but that would probably make the middle a little too crowded. 

I was totally thinking the same thing when I saw 2! Regardless, I think #2 is the best option.

I might be alone here, but I like 1 the most. It doesn't look that much like Philly, and the top view of the lizard is much cleaner than the others.

You could also color in the A with an AZ flag in red and yellow/sand/whatever light color you use.

Personally, I prefer B. A is too far out there for me, and feels more New Orleans than Arizona. I might consider switching the black and red to make it look more like a gila monster, though. Still, B looks good.

Maybe on the helmet, just do the lizard leg & hand sticking out (ala Rams or Vikings)!

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m back with two colorful options for the Gilas! You have two options; a very 90s design or a design inspired by traditional Navajo colors!

I also chose option 3 because 2 felt too minor league to me.

OySLsca.png

Big Baller Brand is successful

And it’s set in stone, Option B (Orange-Red, Khaki, and teal) is the color scheme! Now for the striping. I have 6, yes 6! Options for striping, i let the creative juices flow, and use a variety of different stripes, but the presentation may be a bit confusing so I’ll walk y’all through it. On the right will be what it looks like on the home whites and on the left, what it looks like on the road, a red uniform. Here are the concepts!

R1DenNQ.png

Option A, is a zig zag design inspired by traditional Navajo patterns, blankets and clothing. As is a lot of these ideas. It’s red at home and khaki on the road.

Option B, is diamond pattern alluding to Navajoesque designs. Heavily sinplified. The can also represent the spots on a Gila monster.

Option C, is double lines which represent simply the Striped Gila Monster, super simplified but it still holds its meaning, speaking of Gila patterns.

Option D, is just that. Straight up Gila stripes stolen directly off the reptile.

Option E is another version of the previous diamond pattern using bigger horizontal diamonds like most Navajo patterns do. A more direct reference.

Option F, is inspired by two things. The Utah Jazz City uniforms, using a gradient pattern to represent the rocky terrain in Utah, which I figured could mean the Grand Canyon in this situation. They’re also inspired by the sunset and sunrise over the Arizonan deserts.

So what do y’all choose? Will have helmet options up next and hopefully AZ will be done! C&C appreciated!

Edit: I just realized I messed up on the road uniforms for options D-F sorry, just imagine some of the colors being flipped.

3YCQJRO.png

Archived