Professional America Football Association; An Update

_DietDrPepper_

6 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

They’re two different logos. Each would be a primary if picked with a close up on their head as a secondary!

Oops, my bad! I just mean that I prefer the first primary option over the second option.

Thanks for the clarification!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been sketching an idea for the secondary and came up with a design that fits both primary options! Here it is!

FZmpM7X.png

I tried putting an anagram of SF inside the dragon head, tell what you think of the anagram especially because 

Its rough 

C&C appreciated

I also updated the Kings! I never was satisfied with the first update I gave them, and always felt something was missing with the design in general, I feel like I fix those problems with this fix up! I brightened the gold, and lightened the lighter blue, and darkened the darker blue. I plugged gold into the design more and designed some new wordnmarks and a new primary logo!  The uniforms stay mostly the same except for the updated number fonts. C&C appreciated!

eQpQEtW.png

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Left is the best primary, imo. It would be really sweet if you had the logos meet on the back of the helmet ala the Seahawks. Not really feeling the SF monogram, but I really like head only alternate logo.

Edit

Looks like @DoctaC beat me to the Seahawks style helmet suggestion!

I have finished the San Francisco Dragons!

KewqMzY.png

Uniforms: For the dragons I wanted a clean design that incorporates a lot of white and gold. As I’ve alre made some times focusing on red I wanted to make the main color gold. For the home uniform, I made jersey white and the pants red with all the features; stripes and numbers, gold. The cleats are white too. For the away I decided a gold jersey with white pants would emphasize the gold like a wanted but kept the focus on the red as the main secondary color. The stripes on the pants are red outlines in gold and are red outlined in white on the jersey. Although you can’t see it imagine the numbers being white outlined with red. The alternate is a red, gold jersey, pants combo. The numbers and stripes are all outlined in white.

The stripes themselves appear on all uniforms and are stolen from the stripe on the dragon. A little ‘hook end’ on either side of the stripe.

Helmet: The helmets are white with a wrap around dragon as @DoctaC suggested, I think it turned out really nice the white helmets help make sure the colors are evenly spread throughout the design.

Logos: I chose the first option as the majority suggested. Along with the dragon head as a secondary. The dragon is golden with a red outline and white under belly.

I really really like how they turned out. It looks really similar to Florida State, that was unintentional. But otherwise it’s a design that sets itself out from the rest. Next up will be Detroit! I’ll have names up soon! C&C appreciated, thanks for looking!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Looks great! The striping and font fits the identity quite well. I think the alternate is pretty sweet. I also love your Golden Gate Bridge background!

Just curious, is it supposed to be old/Vegas gold, yellow-gold, or like a mustard color? It's a bit hard to tell.

I look forward to Detroit!

23 hours ago, vtgco said:

Looks great! The striping and font fits the identity quite well. I think the alternate is pretty sweet. I also love your Golden Gate Bridge background!

Just curious, is it supposed to be old/Vegas gold, yellow-gold, or like a mustard color? It's a bit hard to tell.

I look forward to Detroit!

The pencil itself says it’s yellow bronze? But I thought it oooked close enough to the old gold look I wanted. Can’t always be exact with color pencils sadly.

Well the Detroit name options are here! Except wait that’s not it, that’s some new team. It’s the Orlando Threshers. 

Yup, I remade another original team. This time the Orlando Threshers!

Original:

WPEwffh.png

Updated:

QVzHwF0.png

So first of all the biggest change was the addition of blue into the color scheme. I don’t know why I would have two black and white teams, and blue made a lot of sense for a team named after sharks. I used the striping I had used for the helmet across the sleeves and down the shorts. Another big change was the logos. Which for the originals are probably ripped off so I’m not taking any credit for those, I made them when I was younger and had no clue what I was doing. The new improved logo is something I made, and it shows a Thresher shark, found off the coast of Florida, striking. It’s signature long tail fin wrapping around it’s body. The secondary is a fin logo. Inspired by the San Jose Sharks logo. This fin logo is blown up and used on the side of the helmet.

Now I do still have the Detroit names, so I’ll throw those up here too. 

They’re all based on the automotive and industrial history of Detroit in the mid 20th century.

Detroit Sparks

Detroit Hammers

Detroit Gears

I’m encouraging you guys to suggest your own name. Since this is an older classic team, more generic names are in contention. Like irl Detroit. But if you like any of those names go ahead and vote for those. C&C appreciated! Hope you guys like Orlando!

3YCQJRO.png

Sparks and Gears feel a little too cliche. Hammers would be a little more subtle. Eights is more subtle too and I like that idea, but too subtle. People would naturally ask, “Eight whats though? There are 11 players not 8. A td is 6 pts not 8.” Maybe go full descriptive and actually call them the Detroit V8s?

12 hours ago, appleclock said:

Sparks and Gears feel a little too cliche. Hammers would be a little more subtle. Eights is more subtle too and I like that idea, but too subtle. People would naturally ask, “Eight whats though? There are 11 players not 8. A td is 6 pts not 8.” Maybe go full descriptive and actually call them the Detroit V8s?

s34HflX.png

21 hours ago, appleclock said:

Im gonna go on a limb and say a lot of people’s don’t even know what a 49er is so I think the name 8s or 8ers would be fine.

Final name options are:

Sparks

Eights

Bombers

Gears

Hammers

Assembly

Grease Monkeys

Monkey Wrenches

Predators

Diesels

3YCQJRO.png

Little late but I have a few in mind. I always find naming a Michigan or Detroit team tough. Grease Monkeys, Sentinels, Wolves, Stags, and Predators come to mind but if you were planning on sticking with your choices then I'll vote for Sparks or Sparkplugs (name of a high school team here in Indiana). 

Archived