Detroit Horsepower

Detroit Mechanics

Also I have suggestions for the Miami team:

Miami Sharks

Miami Storm

Miami Blacktips

Miami Makos

Miami Breakers

Thanks for all the suggestions! Only problem is the blazers are in Miami, and there’s a team in Orlando called the Threshers. I’m liking some of the Detroit names!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 minute ago, BellaSpurs said:

Thanks for all the suggestions! Only problem is the blazers are in Miami, and there’s a team in Orlando called the Threshers. I’m liking some of the Detroit names!

Oh, as a South Floridian, I am not sure the Blazers name really works for Miami/South Florida though. And as for Detroit, well of course I used the automotive industry as the inspiration, it is the Motor City after all

4 hours ago, TheBigBuc said:

Other suggestions I have are:

Detroit Diesel

Detroit Muscle

Detroit Engines

Detroit Motors

Detroit Horsepower

Detroit Mechanics

Also I have suggestions for the Miami team:

Miami Sharks

Miami Storm

Miami Blacktips

Miami Makos

Miami Breakers

May I also add...

Detroit Hot Rods

Detroit Mustangs

Detroit Vipers

Detroit Leopards

Miami/Florida Flamingos

Miami Manta Rays

Miami Neptunes/Tritons/Poseidons

Miami Waves

Miami Barracudas

Miami Mosasaurs

Miami Megalodons

Miami Manatees

Miami Tropics

Miami Vice

23 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

May I also add...

Detroit Hot Rods

Detroit Mustangs

Detroit Vipers

Detroit Leopards

Miami/Florida Flamingos

Miami Manta Rays

Miami Neptunes/Tritons/Poseidons

Miami Waves

Miami Barracudas

Miami Mosasaurs

Miami Megalodons

Miami Manatees

Miami Tropics

Miami Vice

Except Mosasaurs weren't found in Florida, I went with shark species commonly found off the coast of Southern Florida

Well since I can’t decide between sparks and eights and the vote seems split I went ahead and drew one logo for each name. I drew two pistons interconnected into a subtle eight for the eights. I drew a D with a spark coming from it for the sparks, it’s a big generic and boring but I could really think of a better logo. And I drew a logo that could fit either name. An English D. Comment which you prefer. If all goes well I’ll have Detroit done this time tomorrow. Schools starting and I want to start getting more done while I have time.

iwshrPs.png

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 8/7/2018 at 9:02 PM, Section30 said:

I prefer Sparks, and what about doing the English D with some sparks? I think the English D is really well done so basing it off of that could be cool.

I tried fusing the two as you suggested but it made it a bit complicated and cheesy. I never personally was the biggest fan of that name and never expected it to gain much traction. One of the reasons I went with the eights. Although I stuck with the best option of the three.

So here are the Detroit Eights!

hUMhceA.png

Uniforms: For the uniforms I chose to go blue on the road and a red alternate. I tried my best to evenly distribute red blue and silver throughout each jersey. The striping is two stripes representing tire marks. No red pants because I didn’t think it looked good on any of the uniforms.

Helmets: I chose a more simple helmet design, just the English D logo on a chrome silver dome. Two red stripes run up the center. And a blue face mask balances out the colors

Logos: So I chose preferably the better of the two names, the Eights. It’s more unique, has a backstory, and I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Sparks in the first place. I chose the English D logo, which I think was the best logo of them all. I really like the pistons V8 design, and maybe I could use it as an alternate logo in the future if I decide to update them. But for now I’m stucking with the D.

Now my junior year in highschool starts soon and with that the soccer season also begins. So I’m going to try and knock out two more teams before I eventually will sadly go on a hiatus after balancing work and this project all summer. It’ll give me a good break, and refresh my creativity.

But for now! I’m moving on to Atlanta and Houston!

Here are the name options;

Atlanta Tigers

Atlanta Colonels

Atlanta Foxes

Atlanta Bobcats

For Atlanta I wanted a (hypocritical of me I know) less of a unique name and more of a boring name, a random name, similar to the older times when names were less unique. I still based it somewhat on southern wildlife. Except for tigers :P 

Houston Apollos

Houston Galaxy

Houston Comets

Houston Explorers 

Two words for Houston: Space Based! ?

Pick your favorite for each! C&C appreciated for Detroit!

3YCQJRO.png

Atlanta, I do like Colonels

As for Houston, Galaxy does sound cool but I also have some other suggestions:

Houston Launch

Houston Bulls

Houston Meteors

Houston Mercury (for NASA's Project Mercury, the first space flight program in US history)

Houston Astronauts

Houston Voyagers (named for the Voyager probe, nothing to do with Star Trek)

Archived