Professional America Football Association; An Update

_DietDrPepper_

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You nailed the Centurions! Laurel wreaths are always a touch of class...

I've a question for you. How big are the drawings you make? They sure looke small if you think you never snap the sheet borders. It surely enhances your skill level! When I was drawing my logos by hand I always used an A4 sheet for every logo or uni, as I'm pretty bad at miniature drawing, so I took ages to colour them...

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

8 hours ago, Pulv! said:

You nailed the Centurions! Laurel wreaths are always a touch of class...

I've a question for you. How big are the drawings you make? They sure looke small if you think you never snap the sheet borders. It surely enhances your skill level! When I was drawing my logos by hand I always used an A4 sheet for every logo or uni, as I'm pretty bad at miniature drawing, so I took ages to colour them...

I just draw whatever I’m comfortable drawing. The papers I use are simple copy paper that are smaller? I can’t honestly tell you I know where the cane from but I got a whole stack. Here are a few reference pictures

EAPbcRe.png

1G7Omip.png

(Sorry for my ugly fingers lol)

I just measured and each paper is around 8 inches in length and 6 inches in width. It’s alot of space I have trouble filling sometimes so I think it works lol.

Working on Philadelphia’s Stadium, WaWa Arena! Im thinking you guys will like it!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

8 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I just draw whatever I’m comfortable drawing. The papers I use are simple copy paper that are smaller? I can’t honestly tell you I know where the cane from but I got a whole stack. Here are a few reference pictures

EAPbcRe.png

1G7Omip.png

(Sorry for my ugly fingers lol)

I just measured and each paper is around 8 inches in length and 6 inches in width. It’s alot of space I have trouble filling sometimes so I think it works lol.

Working on Philadelphia’s Stadium, WaWa Arena! Im thinking you guys will like it!

ha ok, they are not that small :D. I love the idea of the open branding, it always helps to have the point of view of others!

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

WaWa Arena has arrived. Since it’s exterior isn’t as exciting and unique as other teams I decided to a inside view. Probably the most noteworthy thing is the mini grassy area with a tree or two up at the top. Love to know what y’all think!

Lincoln Financial Field (original):

ej9YLQW.png

WaWa Arena:

l5qHntJ.png

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

13 hours ago, Whittier S said:

What's the rationale for the Black Bears name?

It’s actually a team I made when I was really little. Called the Pennsylvania Black Bears. I decided on using this team as some sort of pre-PAFA team. Then they became the Philadelphia Black Bears as one of the first PAFA teams. 

3YCQJRO.png

“San Diego’s 80’s Reincarnation and Minnesota’s New Helmet:

This past Thursday the San Diego Devils updated their look, basing the update of their memorable 80’s design. “The desaturated bright red and reinvention of the devil logo is hopefully going to spark some more interest into the city of San Diego!” Said Devils season ticket holder Dan Micheals when asked about how the new look may invluence the play on the field. The logo he’s referring to is an adaptation of the older logo used from 1975-1989. Along with the new logo the Devils also reintroduced black as a major part of the color scheme along with a brighter red, replacing the maroon color first introduced when the team rebranded in 1999. That was also the first time teal was used. 

In other news the Minnesota Bruins made some minor updates in the form of a new helmet! The new white helmet was introduced on Wednesday to help seperated them from the reemerging division rival Chicago Kings.” -PAFA website

k3NXkEb.png

ar7bbN1.png

So now that schools out I should have the chance to update this a little more, thankfully! Also how do you like this way of presenting the information? Tell me everything and more!

Thanks for looking C&C always appreciated!

3YCQJRO.png

I would try a Black helmet for the devils. The white one is nice but Red on Black screams Devils to me and you would have a sort of blackout uni for the home games

1 hour ago, CheeseBurger22 said:

Wow, @BellaSpurs. I haven’t commented on this yet but this is incredible! Your drawings are excellent and unique and the path you’re  taking with this thread is great. Keep up the good work! 

Thanks I’m glad youre enjoying it!

On 6/2/2018 at 3:25 AM, Pulv! said:

I would try a Black helmet for the devils. The white one is nice but Red on Black screams Devils to me and you would have a sort of blackout uni for the home games

On 6/1/2018 at 5:51 PM, VikingsAiden said:

Havent commented on this thread for a while, but I really like the new SD devil head! I would even consider having it replace the devils tail on the helmet.

Im gonna play with the black helmet with the devil head logo on it idea and see what you guys think! 

Now after working on a stadium for Minneapolis I decided I don’t really like the idea I was going with and scrapped it, and the finished product I had for San Diego got ruined, one of the blunders with working with paper. So sadly I don’t have any concepts to present, but I do have an update. Since all the troubles this weekend I had with the stadiums, I’m burned on drawing those, and I really want to get moving with the next team, so along with New York!

Now Ive come to realize that @ItDoesntMatterhas had the idea before me to do a NYC team based off of the Bull on Wall Street, and his concepts for his amazing Dashball league, the New York Chargers are Green and Bronze so in my books that rules out one of the two color scheme ideas (Blue and Orange or Green and Orange) so to avoid people thinking I copied Im going to go blue and orange I hope you guys can understand.

3YCQJRO.png

New York rough sketches, after a few days and bunch of worded sketches i came to with this, any C&C? None of this is finalized

7Alj01K.png

I don’t think I’m sold on the wordmark thats really rough at the moment, but I like the secondary that may be finalized. The head is a replica of the actual statue. Obviously a little more characterized, although for the most part it’s true to the original.

Here are the reference photos I used

IsHoqPt.png

ZSuEV0i.png

3YCQJRO.png

53 minutes ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

Ooh, that looks good. If that's a rough sketch, I can't wait to see the final product.

Really? Glad you like it! I’ve got a few other ideas I’m going to try attempting. And I’m also assuming your okay with me borrowing or piggybacking, whichever you prefer, of the Charging Bull Statue? I mean you did come across the idea first.

3YCQJRO.png

9 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Really? Glad you like it! I’ve got a few other ideas I’m going to try attempting. And I’m also assuming your okay with me borrowing or piggybacking, whichever you prefer, of the Charging Bull Statue? I mean you did come across the idea first.

Totally fine with it. I'm sure I'm not the first to have that idea and I wasn't expecting to be the last either. It seems like the direction you're going is different enough, too (although I was a bit suspicious when I saw that @Darknes suggested green and bronze for the colors :P).

2 hours ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

Totally fine with it. I'm sure I'm not the first to have that idea and I wasn't expecting to be the last either. It seems like the direction you're going is different enough, too (although I was a bit suspicious when I saw that @Darknes suggested green and bronze for the colors :P).

I kinda forgot about the Chargers ^^;

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

Finally being able to upload the vote for NYC, I tried a few more ideas for the bull, tweaked a little bit but couldn’t really find something I liked that much. I mad a full body logo and cleaned up the monogram most likely the NY logo will be a secondary but still chose which you like for both primary and secondary. 

ykVGxfo.png

Sorry it’s not the best photograph.

Heres a close up on #2

5PXYbcx.png

Vote away will have colored versions and uniform options up soon!

3YCQJRO.png

Archived