BellaSpurs

Professional American Football Association: Detroit Uniforms Update, feedback appreciated!

2 hours ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

Totally fine with it. I'm sure I'm not the first to have that idea and I wasn't expecting to be the last either. It seems like the direction you're going is different enough, too (although I was a bit suspicious when I saw that @Darknes suggested green and bronze for the colors :P).

I kinda forgot about the Chargers ^^;

Finally being able to upload the vote for NYC, I tried a few more ideas for the bull, tweaked a little bit but couldn’t really find something I liked that much. I mad a full body logo and cleaned up the monogram most likely the NY logo will be a secondary but still chose which you like for both primary and secondary. 

ykVGxfo.png

Sorry it’s not the best photograph.

Heres a close up on #2

5PXYbcx.png

Vote away will have colored versions and uniform options up soon!

I’d go with the head alone as the primary and the NY as the secondary, but idk if I’d get rid of the full body bull. I’d possibly like to see it as a tertiary like the Jaguars original set with the full body logo on the sleeve and the head alone as the primary/helmet logo

5 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I’d go with the head alone as the primary and the NY as the secondary, but idk if I’d get rid of the full body bull. I’d possibly like to see it as a tertiary like the Jaguars original set with the full body logo on the sleeve and the head alone as the primary/helmet logo

This. I think you definitely could (and should) use all three logos. I do think the bull needs back legs, but other than that it looks great.

49 minutes ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

This. I think you definitely could (and should) use all three logos. I do think the bull needs back legs, but other than that it looks great.

I think I could make this work!

But about the bulls back legs if you look at the example photo I used, the angle of the bull it doesn’t show back legs? I could try some more looks but I want it to be accurate to the statue so we’ll see how it goes. Thanks for the feedbacl!

I'd say A as the main logo with the other 2 as secondary logos with the NY used more than the full bull

2 minutes ago, Section30 said:

I'd say A as the main logo with the other 2 as secondary logos with the NY used more than the full bull

I agree, but make the full body bull the main secondary logo. They're all really solid, though!

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I think I could make this work!

But about the bulls back legs if you look at the example photo I used, the angle of the bull it doesn’t show back legs? I could try some more looks but I want it to be accurate to the statue so we’ll see how it goes. Thanks for the feedbacl!

That photo does make it look like the bull has no back legs, lol. The statue does, though, and if you look really closely, you can still see its feet (hooves? I think bulls have hooves) sticking out. Your logo has only two legs, and it's kind of off-putting to see the bull's backside just sort of floating there, at least to me.

I vote "A" for the primary logo

A vote from me.

Can you try to highlight the NY on the bull face a bit more?

7 hours ago, tigers said:

A vote from me.

Can you try to highlight the NY on the bull face a bit more?

Where do you an NY on the bulls face? I’ve never seen or intended to have a NY on the bull in general.

11 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Where do you an NY on the bulls face? I’ve never seen or intended to have a NY on the bull in general.

Sorry if I looked harder than I was meant to.

VtdiiqB.jpg

Wow I would’ve never seen that, huh, no need to apologize it’s all good but I think highlighting that may make it much more complicated and the colored versions already have a lot of shades going in, I think it would be better without. I like your creative mind to find such oddities though!

I’m back! With colors!

So look at some examples of shading before hand. When I was sketching logos I had a finished product but I didn’t like it all so much. But I used a different color scheme that included black and reminds me a lot of 90’s Islanders. So I still kinda like it, so option A is:

qgH6Vso.png

Or option B (with more emphasis on white like the flag than black)

hpRhQYq.png

sNof9uZ.png

I personally like B better because of the lack of black. But it’s up to you. Reminder we’re only voting on colors!

Personally, I think it looks stronger with the black, but I think it definitely looks good with no black as well.

@BellaSpurs I know I'm a little late to the party but I must say I am really loving this thread! Hand drawn concepts always give me a nostalgic feeling.

Anyway, I am also in favor of the black. The black accents seem to make the bull feel more intimidating and eager to fight, which is what I assume a team would want from a bull logo.

Btw love the stadium drawings! Definitely one of my favorite parts of the thread.

I’ve been following this for awhile and have really enjoyed witnessing the creation process, so I figured I’d finally chime in. I’m a fan of the usage of black in the logo and like others said above, the black makes the bull more “intimidating” and “stronger”. That being said, I really enjoy the white and orange outline combo, especially in the NY logo. If you add a white outline to the color scheme with black, that would keep the bull looking strong, while also putting “more emphasis on the white like the flag”. That’s just my two cents, but hopefully it’s somewhat helpful.

I think I like the double blue more. It's kinda hard to see the facial features in black on top of an already dark blue. The highlights of the double blue are defined better. I like the double blue NY monogram!