Professional America Football Association; An Update

_DietDrPepper_

Throw in more black there, and you've got a BC Lions concept. Anyway, orange and silver is one of the rare color combos you'll gonna see in sports right now. I don't know if it's just me or is it I don't see any silver on the orange jersey?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Foxes look quite good, though I personally would prefer the really well-done logo on the helmet, and the pretty script on the jersey. The current jersey wordmark is a bit too plain in comparison.

I also second @edjb93's question about the orange jersey.

Regardless, it looks good!

On 9/5/2018 at 9:56 PM, edjb93 said:

Throw in more black there, and you've got a BC Lions concept. Anyway, orange and silver is one of the rare color combos you'll gonna see in sports right now. I don't know if it's just me or is it I don't see any silver on the orange jersey?

In theory the numbers should be outlined in silver as well it just clutters it up too much in the drawing, my bad.

Heres the next team!

Salt Lake City Yellow Jackets

Founded: 1980

Championships: 2 (2011, 2013)

Uniforms: Salt Lake wears all white at home and ”Honeycomb Yellow” jerseys matched with green pants. On both jerseys they have a honeycomb/polygonal stripe pattern along the sleeves and down the pants and helmet.

The alternate is green with yellow shorts, I stayed away from white on this uniform to emphasize the green and yellow.

The number font is agile and fitting for a team with a fierce yellow jacket as a mascot.

Helmets: A yellow helmet adorns the heads of all Utah players. The honeycomb pattern is found here accompanied by the jacket logo. The colors on the logo are white and green instead of yellow

Logos: The primary mark for the Yellow Jackets is an angry yellow jacket in striking postion. With “SLC” written overhead in the same font as the numbers.

VDVCl7t.png

Hope you like SLC! This was supposed to be Houston, but it got knocked back again, I haven’t had the time Ive wanted to adjust them. I mad this and two other teams while working on Atlanta Incase I go a while without uploading. So if not next then Houston’ll be up after that! C&C appreciated! Hope you guys enjoy!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Really digging the Atlanta and Salt Lake logos. Green is an interesting choice for the Jackets; is there any reason you didn't go with black? Not saying I don't like the green though, it looks good. Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

Really digging the Atlanta and Salt Lake logos. Green is an interesting choice for the Jackets; is there any reason you didn't go with black? Not saying I don't like the green though, it looks good. Keep up the good work!

Blacks overused, plus Pittsburgh is done, black and yellow for them.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

If I were you, I'd not just have a line of hexagons on the sleeve, but start a tesselated hexagon pattern cut off by the sleeve cuff. A 3-hexagon wide pattern might make for a better helmet and pant stripe, too.

I think white hexagons for the yellow pants to match the helmet. Yellow pants but for the white.

The name's a bit long. "Salt Lake" or "Utah" would be better. The SLC above the logo a la Canucks is unnecessary.

A lot of pretty minor changes, but I think it'd improve the set a bit. Despite all my ramblings, it looks pretty good! The colors match the Jazz well!

On 9/14/2018 at 12:42 AM, vtgco said:

If I were you, I'd not just have a line of hexagons on the sleeve, but start a tesselated hexagon pattern cut off by the sleeve cuff. A 3-hexagon wide pattern might make for a better helmet and pant stripe, too.

I think white hexagons for the yellow pants to match the helmet. Yellow pants but for the white.

The name's a bit long. "Salt Lake" or "Utah" would be better. The SLC above the logo a la Canucks is unnecessary.

A lot of pretty minor changes, but I think it'd improve the set a bit. Despite all my ramblings, it looks pretty good! The colors match the Jazz well!

I really like those ideas, I was also thinking just having a honeycomb pattern for the shoulder but went with this anyway, in hindsight I definitely should’ve chosen the other design.

The SLC and long name, are just for irony purposes honestly, every major pro team has quirks like that. *cough* Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim *cough*, in reality everyone would probably call them the Utah Jackets anyway if this were real.

Thanks for the feedback!

I got time to mess around this weekend and got this next team done, kinda excited to show you guys! Yet another “classic” team, but this just more so happens to be really old, I wanted to try my hand at it and I like how it’s came out!

Birmingham Wildcats

Founded:1959

Championships: 1(1972)

History: 

Founded as one of the original teams in the PAFA, Birmingham is sadly the least successful. Although it has had little to no change since it’s founding. The Cats are always middle of the pack or good, but not championship material. Owned by the first coach to ever coach em, he hasn’t wanted to change anything. “It represents us as a team! We hold our heritage close to our hearts here in Alabama.” Said the owner.

Uniforms:

Simple,simple,simple. At home the Wildcats rock a maroon jersey, white numbers. Matched with white shorts lined with a tapered red stripe. And on the road they were inverted colors. No alternate needed.

Helmets: the only other team to have no logo on their helmets. Maroon helmets with a single white stripe. The face mask was historically white until changed in 2012 when they changed it to maroon when the league changed manufacturers to Nike.

Logo: A wildcat logo, circa 1950’s hasn’t changed since 1972 when the team added a black outline to represent the teams one championship. 

PwwM6TD.png

C&C appreciated! Hopefully you guys will like this as much as I do!

3YCQJRO.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I’m back with Pittsburgh, I tried a modern look for an old team! Im not completely sold on it and am likely to go back and change it so I’d like some feedback.

Pittsburgh Spiders

Founded: 1975

Championships: 1(1997)

History: 

The original Cleveland Tigers founded in 1969, moved to Pittsburgh in 1975 after bought by the father of the current owner, althought the current Cleveland franchise now holds the history of the Tigers. The spiders name is based off the Richmond Spiders, the alma matter of the man who moved them to Pitt. Currently the reigning champions/holders of the worst record in the PAFA. They’ve been nothing significant since the turn of the century. Their current comes from a 2001 redesign.

Uniforms:

The ideas of the uniforms are the legs of the spider from the logo. The home is white, road is storm grey and the alternate is yellow. The home and away are inverted colors, white jerseys and grey pants at home and opposite on the road. The numbers and sleeve and pant designs are all yellow. 

Helmets:

A grey helmet with a yellow spider and stripe the face mask is black to try and balance colors.

Logos:

A “storm grey” spider with black and yellow outlines. In”spider”ed (sorry it was originally a typo lol) by the University or Richmond.

GkmUr3t.png

Again, I’m not completely sold so I’d love some feedback, and I’d love to hear what y’all think of Birgmingham! Thanks for viewing!

3YCQJRO.png

Pittsburgh looks pretty good, and the steel & black & yellow is a nice scheme.  Maybe black pants on the gray uniform would work too. Are there only two legs on each sleeve? I feel like that idea would only work with four.

Birmingham is pretty clean, but I think it could use either the logo or numbers on the helmet without sacrificing that simplicity.

Good work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to Professional American Football Association: Detroit Eights Update! C&C appreciated
9 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

How people do logo work in gimp dumbofunds me. I can barely even do nfl logo pixel art! Congrats, it looks great for what you were trying to do. Maybe like a highlight line on the pistons or something, and I say you got a winner

Thanks means a lot coming from you! Would I impress you more saying this was the 3rd time I’d ever opened gimp, lol thanks again

3YCQJRO.png

I like it, but I'd only use the white & blue outlines for the exterior of the whole logo, and just have the red & silver on the inside. That way the 8 will be more obvious.

Good work!

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to Professional American Football Association: Detroit Eights Update 2.0! C&C appreciated
14 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Update to Detroit:

https://imgur.com/a/TjEUbaG

Cleaned up some outlines and added shading. Also, I'm having trouble being able to insert the actual image into the post, can anyone help?

LkAzPPN.png

(copy the one that ends in .png)

also looks much better!

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to Professional American Football Association: Tennessee Timbers Prototype! C&C appreciated
  • _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to Professional American Football Association: Detroit Uniforms Added, feedback appreciated!
18 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Here’s my first attempts at a uniform! Big thanks to @oldschoolvikings for lettting me use his template! Hope you guys will like it, I’d love to know how I can improve 

Sm72Kal.png

It's strange to see my template with someone else's design! Nicely done.

One suggestion... I change the light gray detail lines to match the Jersey or pants color.  In other words, they stay light gray on the white elements but on the blue jersey and pants, make the detail lines dark blue.  And on the red, those lines become dark red. Just a thought.

Also the numbers on the throwback are a bit low, and you should think about making the numbers on the jersey back about 20 percent bigger than the front numbers.

Archived