Professional America Football Association; An Update

_DietDrPepper_

Oh man both of these are great! I think option 2 looks a little more "pro team". Option 1 looks great but to me looks a little more like an AFL or XFL team, not that thats bad or anything, just my opinion. Either choice will be awesome, great work!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I pictured getting this done earlier but I got sick so, it didn’t happen, well here it is now, with the added bonus of Chicago in the new presentation.

jmw1XZD.png

I chose the red helmet, to go with a white jersey at home, customary to this league, a red jersey when visiting and a black alternate to be worn at night. A yellow flame runs along the side of every set of pants just like the helmet. And the shoulder stripe is Option B but with a yellow and red stripe on the home and away instead of black. I also added how many championships the team has won and by the time every team is done we should have a history of championships throughout the league.

rF525D6.png

Sadly the Columbia Blue didn’t come out as well as I’d hoped, but it’s still a bit lighter than the Sapphire Blue so there’s still a distinction. The player I drew is also wearing an undershirt, it kinda looks like sleeves on the jersey but it’s not.

Thanks for viewing! Have the vote about the next team up shortly!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

20 hours ago, Darknes said:

Both Chicago and Florida look solid

Thanks!

Now for the next franchise I’ve come up with a few city options that I’ve played around with the name and mascot for. 

First is: Cincinnati Romans

-Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus was a Roman partrician, statesman, and military leader of the early Roman Empire who later on became a legend in Roman history. In 1790, port town Losantiville, changed its name to Cincinnati in honor or the Roman soldier and legend.

-My idea for this team was more classical, simple designs, modeled after Roman gladiator armor.

-The colors would be Brown and Red. With maybe some hints of silver. 

Next is Cincinnati Hogs

-Believe it or not Cincinnati was once named Porkoplis. During the 1800’s ‘The Queen City’ was the worlds largest pork producing city in the world. Producing more than 85000 pigs a year. The idea or Hogs as a mascot is a bit more seeable now.

-I have no real plans for this team so far.

-Playing around with the color pink would be likely.

Third, New York Bulls

-Although not the biggest Attraction to NYC, The Bull on Wall Street is where this ideas going

-Again with this team I’m not sure design wise. It could anything.

-Blue and Orange to represent the NYC flag.

Last, but not least; New York Empire

-Self explanatory.

-This would be simple, Current NFL Giants simple.

-Blue and Orange again to match the flag, those colors are under appreciated!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

A New York Bulls could actually use either a Green/Bronze (Linking the Money of Wall Street and the metal the bull is made of) or Blue/Bronze (Bit of a twist of the State Flag albeit with Bronze instead of the Orange)

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

23 minutes ago, Kaz said:

This.

I'm pretty interested to see how a New York Bulls identity would play out - I've seen many people make football teams named the Bulls but generally they have a farming/ranch motif.  However with a different point of influence and the New York market, it opens up the opportunity to run in many different directions other than the typical bull-themed concepts.

Also, you spelled Professional wrong :P

Shoot, you’re right, I’ll try and fix that. Lol.

18 minutes ago, Darknes said:

A New York Bulls could actually use either a Green/Bronze (Linking the Money of Wall Street and the metal the bull is made of) or Blue/Bronze (Bit of a twist of the State Flag albeit with Bronze instead of the Orange)

I really like the idea. But right now I currently don’t have any markers or colored pencils that are bronze kinda putting it out of the picture, I’m trying, hopefully, to go get a bunch of new colors and higher quality stuff.

41 minutes ago, Darknes said:

Why not go for the Roman theme but with a little alliteration, Cincinnati Centurions ?

I was thinking about that and still am.

As C&C comes in don’t be surprised if I post another list of options later, thanks guys!

3YCQJRO.png

I’ve observed this for a while, but never commented, so first off, I’d like to say I’ve enjoyed this so far! As for the recent team names posted, I’d have to side with the Cincinnati Hogs and New York Bulls. 

For the Hogs, I like that name because it’s a unique name with a history I didn’t really know before. I could honestly go either way with the Cincinnati team name, but that’s what pushed me more towards Hogs. I feel like branding wise, you could use a deep red/maroon/garnet color with hints of pink to give it a pop. 

For New York, my preference would be Bulls, but just because Empire seems almost too cliché for a New York team at this point; almost every fictional league I’ve seen has the New York Empire, even my own private league used it, so I’d love the idea of using Bulls as a way to set your league apart from others. I’d be interested in seeing a horn design on the helmet

Update:

Cincinati Centurions:

-Brown Red White

-Red Silver Black

Cincinnati Romans:

-Brown Red White

-Red Silver Black

Cincinnati Senators:

-Brown Red White

-Red Silver Black

Cincinnati Hogs

-Pink Brown 

-Red Silver Black

-Red Brown White

Cincinnati Razorbacks

-Red Silver Black

-Red Brown White

New York Bulls:

-Blue Orange White

-Green Orange White

-Black White 

Okay so waaay more options for a Cincinnati team mascot, all pretty self explanatory. 

Also I organized it so the first color scheme, example how Blue Orange is closer to the top, is what’s most likely to be chosen, what id like to see most. 

Also you may be asking why Black and white for New York, it’s the financial district so suits are what I picture and what a lot of people probably picture, what color are suits? Black and White.

C&C appreciated, excited to get this underway 

3YCQJRO.png

So the team chosen has been the Cincinnati Centurions

Dont worry though I will be doing New York next ;)

Here are the first ideas for a logo, I’d love to know which idea you guys like best!

xzT3i1g.png

Option A is a profile of a  spartan helmet surrounded by a laurel wreath. 

Option B is a Roman soldier in action, sporting a shield and spear.

Option C is the front view of the helmet. 

And Option D is a gladius surrounded by a laurel wreath.

C&C appreciated! Thanks for looking!

3YCQJRO.png

A is unavoidably too close to expansion-era Senators. C borders on Vegas Knights. D has too much dead negative space. So that leaves B for me.

rATMcmK.png

44 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

A is unavoidably too close to expansion-era Senators. C borders on Vegas Knights. D has too much dead negative space. So that leaves B for me.

I probably should point out that in this universe those leagues don’t exist 

As much as I’d like to say id be able to do it I’m not 100% sure. 

But my ultimate goal is to make all top five sport leagues; soccer baseball basketball football hockey. But for now I’m on football.

So don’t worry about it looking like other teams.

3YCQJRO.png

Archived