BellaSpurs

Professional American Football Association: Tennessee Timbers Prototype! C&C appreciated

And it’s set in stone, Option B (Orange-Red, Khaki, and teal) is the color scheme! Now for the striping. I have 6, yes 6! Options for striping, i let the creative juices flow, and use a variety of different stripes, but the presentation may be a bit confusing so I’ll walk y’all through it. On the right will be what it looks like on the home whites and on the left, what it looks like on the road, a red uniform. Here are the concepts!

R1DenNQ.png

Option A, is a zig zag design inspired by traditional Navajo patterns, blankets and clothing. As is a lot of these ideas. It’s red at home and khaki on the road.

Option B, is diamond pattern alluding to Navajoesque designs. Heavily sinplified. The can also represent the spots on a Gila monster.

Option C, is double lines which represent simply the Striped Gila Monster, super simplified but it still holds its meaning, speaking of Gila patterns.

Option D, is just that. Straight up Gila stripes stolen directly off the reptile.

Option E is another version of the previous diamond pattern using bigger horizontal diamonds like most Navajo patterns do. A more direct reference.

Option F, is inspired by two things. The Utah Jazz City uniforms, using a gradient pattern to represent the rocky terrain in Utah, which I figured could mean the Grand Canyon in this situation. They’re also inspired by the sunset and sunrise over the Arizonan deserts.

So what do y’all choose? Will have helmet options up next and hopefully AZ will be done! C&C appreciated!

Edit: I just realized I messed up on the road uniforms for options D-F sorry, just imagine some of the colors being flipped.

I really like both option A and option D, but I think A would be better because it's a little more traditional than a reptile pattern.

3 hours ago, appleclock said:

I’d go with D, the Gila pattern. Heck why not? Go big or go home.

Would you guys rather have a gila stripe pattern on the helmets? Just curious which you guys think is better.

Gila pattern on the helmets with the gradient sleeves, or gila on both.

F. Every concept with a sunrise gradient has my vote! And in this case it works wonders also with the grand canyon rocky layers.

I prefer A. I think the zig-zag would look good contained in a stripe (i.e. put the box you labeled the away as a stripe on the home.)

Second choice is F, though I'd also put a differently colored stripe right on the cuff.

Here are the two options for the helmet! Thanks a bunch for all the feedback so far! I’m liking how Arizona isn’t turning out, hopefully have a finished product up tomorrow!

yN0dX8S.png

Option A, a recolored logo on a khaki colored helmet. Black face mask and no stripe.

Option B, the Gila pattern with a black face mask.

Posted (edited)

Alright, insomnia works in my favor tonight. I’ve finished the Arizona Gila Monsters! Happy with how this one turned out! Little upset some of the design aspects didn’t turn out well since it’s small. But I can always draw it in the older template if y’all really want to see the helmet and side stripes better! Without further ado; here are your Arizona Gila Monsters!

FsEsJrQ.png

Uniforms: I chose to focus on the Khaki-Gila Orange combo I have going on the home and always, and choose to focus on black and teal on the alternate uniform. I use the gradient pattern on the shoulders of each uniform. On the home whites it fades to red, on the road it fades to white. And on the alternate It fades to red from teal. I also use this pattern on the pants. On the home it fades downward to white and on the road it fades down to red. The alternate also fades to red. The number font is custom inspired from the handwritten look of the Gila Monsters text below the Gila in the logo.

Helmets: Sadly these don’t show well in this template imo. The sketches I did looked better when the details were all up close and bigger, but it didn’t translate the best. I still think it looks okay especially on the home and away unis. It’s a Gila Orange and khaki pattern representing the stripes on the reptile.

Logos: A Gila Monster with the text Arizona Gila Monsters written above and below it.

Also added a cute little Gila biting a football logo, inspired by the Toronto Raptors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully y’all like it! But before I go, I’m going to put a vote in for the next city! I only have 6 cities down for teams left, that doesn’t mean I wont have more, I’ll just take suggestions from your feedback, and do “expansion” votes to see who gets a franchise. Hopefully that makes sense. But for now I’m going to do the last six cities left that imo need a team.

Here are the bids:

Atlanta

Dallas

Detroit

Denver

Houston

San Francisco

Pick Two!!!! Those will be the two you’d want to see first. I’ll set up the vote for the last few after those are done.

Thanks for all the feedback, this series wouldn’t be here if you guys didn’t help so much! Thank you endlessly. I’m loving this and can’t wait to get more done. Hopefully I’m learning better art skills too! C&C appreciated per usual Thanks for looking!

Edited by BellaSpurs

The Gilas look awesome! Definitely my favorite color palette so far. My votes are for:

Dallas

Denver

I like the Gilas alt jersey the most, and the away looks pretty good too.

I don't think the gradient stripe works very well on the red pants, especially when it starts that low on the leg. I might also consider using the black pants on the away.

I'd like to see your ideas for San Francisco and Houston (spaaaaaace)!