Professional America Football Association; An Update

_DietDrPepper_

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston Frigates, with that navy+silver scheme. Maybe some red or green for a small bit of color.

Arizona Gila Monsters sounds fun! I prefer the state name over "Phoenix" for it. I'd go with black + red + gold/copper for the AZ desert feel.

So, it’s about time things went my way and I could finally show y’all NYC. This is the best team in the PAFA, 11 championships! There really ain’t much else to say, I took heavy inspiration from the Knicks alternate jersey or former alternate jersey. 

I went simple and clean. 

Home Uniform:

White Pants with orange numbers and blue pants.

Away Uniform:

I chose an orange jersey because I firgured that we’ve already had a blue jersey and there’s more to come so its a color they can own. I matched this with white pants to balance the color.

Helmet:

Its a white helmet, and in my attempt to make each helmet unique in its own way i unsurprisingly put horns on each side. And to avoid white horns on a white helmet I colored them a light sky blue used in the logo.

63LkRNa.png

And it looks like the names for the next two teams have been decided! Thank you guys so much for all the participation. The final choices are:

Arizona Gila Monsters

Boston Frigates

Does anyone have any preference on which comes first?

C&C greatly appreciated!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Well folks It’s that time again! Logo options for the Boston Frigates are here! 

NE3DeGc.png

Option A: A modern day warship crashing through the waves armed with cannons and marked with an Old English “B” on the front. I can see the boat being a dark blue or silver or charcoal. Maybe with some hints of green or maybe not. This is one I think i would most likely pick for the primary, as it’s not too simply. But not to busy.

Option B: A older frigate, a wooden sailboat used throughout the Revolutionary War. In the sails id a hidden B. This one I could see being a throwback more than anything but it could still work for a primary option. The colors here I see are Kelly Green and a Royal Blue, I have to be cautious not to be too similar to the Bruins. 

Option C: When in doubt a letter representing the city is always a possibility. Boston is going to be an older team with some history, this could be simply a blue b with a green outline. Similar if not same shades as option B. Really going for that older look with this one. Think teams like the Bulls or Yankees that never change their logo.

Option D: A sailboat, another variation of the older frigates used in the Revolutionary War. Simple maybe too simple. I can see both color options (Dark Blue, Silver or Kelly Green, Royal Blue) As this could be interpreted as a newer or older logo.

C&C Appreciated as always!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I prefer B for the primary, maybe with C as a secondary. When I look at B or C, I imagine a royal blue + cream/vintage white scheme would look really nice...

I think A would look better as a side view rather than the 3/4 view you've got now.

Overall, looks good!

Well, it looks like I have to go against the grain here and say I prefer option A. I like the more modern design of it personally, and I would love to see a navy blue and silver color scheme, maybe with a touch of green. 

If you decide to add a team in Kansas City, I'd like to suggest Guardians as the team name and keep the color scheme close to this guy:

latest?cb=20140426195335

(Peter Quill aka Star-Lord aka Leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy aka local douchebag to those who have seen Infinity War, is from Missouri)

B works the best for me. A is a clever idea but would work better in a place with a modern navy base like Norfolk or San Diego. Nautical logos are underrated and New England coast should be a marvellous spot for a nautical themed team.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Surprise! Bet y’all arent expecting this. I swear I’m almost done with Boston. But I thought this could help my art block. What am I talking about? Well...

Over the weekend I cane up with designs for Boston and a combination of colors, I have settled on everything so don’t fret, but at the time it wasn’t all up in the air, i didn’t want to use the same colors over and over again so it was sorta difficult. What does this have to do with a surprise? Well I found the Original League, yep this isn’t my first stab at this, I alluded to it before when talking about the Black Bears. But yeah those first few teams were all original teams, sadly I don’t have any of the original drawings as of now except for Minnesota (http://imgur.com/1dodxgS) But this weekend I found two more, the Portland Thorns, which I have finished and another team that shall be up later this week, along with Boston and hopefully this weekend I will be sketching designs for AZ. So there’s my little story, now here’s the updated Portland Thorns. I personally love the update. But I know it’s not perfect, C&C is appreciated as usual.

The original Thorns:

1PzM5oh.png

The new updated Thorns:

xJVzH6o.png

Uniforms:

Originally I had a white home with green everything, which created a super unbalanced color scheme. The striping was interesting too. So what I did was I tweaked the striping and color balanced to create a sleeker more modern design. The original striping was two green stripes over arching the shoulders which is an okay design but it didn’t suit what I wanted for this team. I mimicked this striping on the home whites with a red shoulders and a green stripes. 

On the Away I swapped grey for red and got rid of the striping completely. Lastly the alternate is all grey in reference to the original away. I also updated all the side pants striping from a tangled line of vines and leaves to just one vine with thorns poking out.

Helmets:

I used the updated logo and a red triangular stripe on the original grey domes.

Logo: 

Simple update to make it look more like a rose while keeping the design close to the original.

C&C as always is greatly appreciated! Love to hear what y’all think.

3YCQJRO.png

Archived