Professional America Football Association; An Update

_DietDrPepper_

I'm not really feeling Detroit.

I think a modern name like Eights doesn't go well with the black letter D. I know I'm late, but I would've gone with that cool piston-V logo for that name.

Also, the D is outlined awkwardly. I'd consider changing the silver outline to red, and adding a second outline outside of the blue one.

Finally, I think the red+silver+blue scheme doesn't really match the automotive theme. I'd prefer just sports car red and silver.

On the other hand, Orlando's color scheme and set is pretty great! Only concern is that the logo looks kinda like  Sonic the hedgehog. ?

I vote Bobcats for Atlanta, and Apollos for Houston (I recommend Dynamo colors, with a B&W space shuttle inspired alt!)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, vtgco said:

I'm not really feeling Detroit.

I think a modern name like Eights doesn't go well with the black letter D. I know I'm late, but I would've gone with that cool piston-V logo for that name.

Also, the D is outlined awkwardly. I'd consider changing the silver outline to red, and adding a second outline outside of the blue one.

Finally, I think the red+silver+blue scheme doesn't really match the automotive theme. I'd prefer just sports car red and silver.

I actually thought the name Eights felt super old. Named by and after the people who worked in the factories of Detroit when the team was founded, why I chose to go with the older style logo. I regret not bringing the V8 logo along as an alternate, when an update comes dont be surprised to see it.

The votes are swinging in favor of bobcats or foxes for ATL and Galaxy for Houston! Will hopefully have logos up soon!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I got the drafts for both Atlanta and Houston!

Atlanta:

D5xZZLD.png

I chose foxes over bobcats because I felt it had a more southern feel that the capital of the south should have without having to pick on such a sensitive time as in the civil war. So for the first options, it’s just the profile of a fox. The second option is a 3/4 facing fox. An A is in the middle with the fox tail on the other side. The colors will be pretty obvious, orange black and silver.

Houston:

NXLvcCQ.png

For Houston I chose Galaxy, which was an interesting feat. I didn’t want to copy the Frankfurt Galaxy logo or get to close and kinda wanted a more abstract logo. The first option is an abstract sphere of rings with a star in the middle, representing the strings of planets and the black hole in the center of the galaxies. Stars are also in the center of solar systems. The second option is an astronaut looking up into the Galaxy and seeing stars, the most important being our star; the sun. You could also interpret it as an astronaut far far away from home looking back at the Milky Way and the star being our solar system and earth. 

The colors are gonna be purple blue and pink.

Thanks for looking! C$C appreciated!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 hours ago, Section30 said:
7 hours ago, Balu the Bare said:

2 for Houston. It's unique and I love it. 

For Atlanta...Is it possible to do 2 without the A in the middle? If not, 1. If so, 2 with the A as a secondary logo. 

This exectly

Thirded.

I'd just suggest doing HOU2 with the text and logo in a roundel for primary status. Maybe HOU1 w/o the wordmark as a secondary.

You could attempt to make the helmet look like the helmet of a space suit...

16 minutes ago, vtgco said:

Thirded.

I'd just suggest doing HOU2 with the text and logo in a roundel for primary status. Maybe HOU1 w/o the wordmark as a secondary.

You could attempt to make the helmet look like the helmet of a space suit...

I like the roundel idea and he space helmet idea, although I wasn’t thinking of just doing the star as a secondary!

7 hours ago, Balu the Bare said:

2 for Houston. It's unique and I love it. 

For Atlanta...Is it possible to do 2 without the A in the middle? If not, 1. If so, 2 with the A as a secondary logo. 

I’ll try my hand at the second option without the logo lettering

Thanks for all the feedback!

3YCQJRO.png

Uniform options for the Galaxy and Foxes are here!

I tried to make the space helmet football helmet a thing but it didn’t look right so I scratched it, I liked @DNAsports idea and went with it instead. Also I made the fox head without the A, see how y’all like it!

Houston:

ulQGUx5.png

Atlanta:

JYbwXr2.png

C&C appreciated thank you!

3YCQJRO.png

• 3 weeks later...

So, I’m back, it’s been a couple a weeks since I’ve even signed in. I’ve got good news and bad news.

Ill hit y’all with the bad news first. I’m gonna stop the open branding aspect of this project, sadly. Now that school has started and especially since soccer is full swing I practically have no time. So I will continue to post teams as I do them when I have time. Good news is I finally have the means to make logos on stuff on a computer, I’m actually downloading gimp as I write this so hopefully in the future once I’m confident in my skills I’ll mske the jump from hand drawn to computer. That’s going to be a big change for me that took some time to think over but in the end I can always switch back but I feel this will elevate my work and make it much better. So I’m sorry if you were really attached to the open branding part but for right now it’s best to leave it where it was. I’ll have Atlanta up soon, I’m reworking Houston because I don’t really like where it was. Thanks for putting up with me! Sorry for the break aswell.

3YCQJRO.png

I did like the back-and-forth of the branding here, but totally understand the timing thing...

I actually quite liked the hand-drawn format you've been using, but I look forward to seeing what you do electronically!

Atlanta Foxes

Founded: 1970

PAFA Championships: 3 (1978 1979 1994)

Uniforms:

Its a classic team so no alternate for them, the home is white and the road is orange, unsurprisingly. Silver pants to go with each jersey. Orange stripes numbers and collars on home whites, and white on road jerseys. 

Helmets:

Silver helmets with the script logo written across it in orange. An Orange and black stripe matches it’s oranges face mask

Logo:

Outside of the fox logo i came up with script logo (metroscript is the font I used) I think it really sells the classic southern vibe I wanted and I hope y’all like!

5jCqeuo.png

Welp there’s the last co-created team, for now atleast. I love the way it came out and the new template I created. C&C is always appreciated!

3YCQJRO.png

Archived