BellaSpurs

Professional Football League Open Branding- Atlanta and Houston Logo Updates!

Recommended Posts

Atlanta Bobcats or Foxes.

 

Houston Galaxy baby!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta, I do like Colonels

 

As for Houston, Galaxy does sound cool but I also have some other suggestions:

Houston Launch

Houston Bulls

Houston Meteors

Houston Mercury (for NASA's Project Mercury, the first space flight program in US history)

Houston Astronauts

Houston Voyagers (named for the Voyager probe, nothing to do with Star Trek)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really feeling Detroit.

 

I think a modern name like Eights doesn't go well with the black letter D. I know I'm late, but I would've gone with that cool piston-V logo for that name.

 

Also, the D is outlined awkwardly. I'd consider changing the silver outline to red, and adding a second outline outside of the blue one.

 

Finally, I think the red+silver+blue scheme doesn't really match the automotive theme. I'd prefer just sports car red and silver.

 

On the other hand, Orlando's color scheme and set is pretty great! Only concern is that the logo looks kinda like  Sonic the hedgehog. 😋

 

I vote Bobcats for Atlanta, and Apollos for Houston (I recommend Dynamo colors, with a B&W space shuttle inspired alt!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, vtgco said:

I'm not really feeling Detroit.

 

I think a modern name like Eights doesn't go well with the black letter D. I know I'm late, but I would've gone with that cool piston-V logo for that name.

 

Also, the D is outlined awkwardly. I'd consider changing the silver outline to red, and adding a second outline outside of the blue one.

 

Finally, I think the red+silver+blue scheme doesn't really match the automotive theme. I'd prefer just sports car red and silver.

 

I actually thought the name Eights felt super old. Named by and after the people who worked in the factories of Detroit when the team was founded, why I chose to go with the older style logo. I regret not bringing the V8 logo along as an alternate, when an update comes dont be surprised to see it.

 

The votes are swinging in favor of bobcats or foxes for ATL and Galaxy for Houston! Will hopefully have logos up soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the drafts for both Atlanta and Houston!

Atlanta:

 

D5xZZLD.png

 

I chose foxes over bobcats because I felt it had a more southern feel that the capital of the south should have without having to pick on such a sensitive time as in the civil war. So for the first options, it’s just the profile of a fox. The second option is a 3/4 facing fox. An A is in the middle with the fox tail on the other side. The colors will be pretty obvious, orange black and silver.

 

Houston:

 

NXLvcCQ.png

 

For Houston I chose Galaxy, which was an interesting feat. I didn’t want to copy the Frankfurt Galaxy logo or get to close and kinda wanted a more abstract logo. The first option is an abstract sphere of rings with a star in the middle, representing the strings of planets and the black hole in the center of the galaxies. Stars are also in the center of solar systems. The second option is an astronaut looking up into the Galaxy and seeing stars, the most important being our star; the sun. You could also interpret it as an astronaut far far away from home looking back at the Milky Way and the star being our solar system and earth. 

The colors are gonna be purple blue and pink.

 

Thanks for looking! C$C appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 for Houston. It's unique and I love it. 

For Atlanta...Is it possible to do 2 without the A in the middle? If not, 1. If so, 2 with the A as a secondary logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Balu the Bare said:

2 for Houston. It's unique and I love it. 

For Atlanta...Is it possible to do 2 without the A in the middle? If not, 1. If so, 2 with the A as a secondary logo. 

 

This exectly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foxes is nice.  I like Foxes.

As far as Houston, I think it would be good to maybe stay away from space names-it's very cliche.  That being said, your ideas are unique within the space-based subset, so I wouldn't be terribly opposed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Section30 said:
7 hours ago, Balu the Bare said:

2 for Houston. It's unique and I love it. 

For Atlanta...Is it possible to do 2 without the A in the middle? If not, 1. If so, 2 with the A as a secondary logo. 

 

This exectly

 

Thirded.

 

I'd just suggest doing HOU2 with the text and logo in a roundel for primary status. Maybe HOU1 w/o the wordmark as a secondary.

You could attempt to make the helmet look like the helmet of a space suit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vtgco said:

 

Thirded.

 

I'd just suggest doing HOU2 with the text and logo in a roundel for primary status. Maybe HOU1 w/o the wordmark as a secondary.

You could attempt to make the helmet look like the helmet of a space suit...

I like the roundel idea and he space helmet idea, although I wasn’t thinking of just doing the star as a secondary!

 

7 hours ago, Balu the Bare said:

2 for Houston. It's unique and I love it. 

For Atlanta...Is it possible to do 2 without the A in the middle? If not, 1. If so, 2 with the A as a secondary logo. 

I’ll try my hand at the second option without the logo lettering

 

Thanks for all the feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uniform options for the Galaxy and Foxes are here!

I tried to make the space helmet football helmet a thing but it didn’t look right so I scratched it, I liked @DNAsports idea and went with it instead. Also I made the fox head without the A, see how y’all like it!

 

Houston:

ulQGUx5.png

 

Atlanta:

JYbwXr2.png

 

C&C appreciated thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice job on Atlanta.

 

Not too sure about Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Very nice job on Atlanta.

 

Not too sure about Houston.

Is it the colors or the way they’re arranged? Any suggestions on what you think could improve it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Is it the colors or the way they’re arranged? Any suggestions on what you think could improve it?

I would make the astronaut helmet white and the visor blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now