Sign in to follow this  
habsfan1

Humbolt Broncos bus crash

Just awful

Two seasons ago and last season, I was on broadcasts for many games against the Broncos and now this happens and they're just not here anymore. It's real tough and it's just tragic.

I guess the lesson is don't name your Canadian junior team the Broncos (Swift Current also had a crash a long time ago).

It's pretty much like a school shooting... a whole bunch of kids who weren't doing anything wrong taken away from their families. Just awful.

Naturally, #HumboldtStrong is up and running.:rolleyes:

Classy move by both the Blackhawks and Jets, for their game tonight, changing all nameplates to say BRONCOS instead of the player name. They aren't doing this for just the warmups, they're doing this all game.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Naturally, #HumboldtStrong is up and running.:rolleyes:

i do have some issue with that (not against it but every bad thing must have insert name here strong here on out).  

This is just brutal, their head coach is from my town and coached the Junior B team here for a long time. Heartbreaking.

5 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

So the coroner dept. made a horrific mistake by mixing up two names. One of the said "survivors" is in fact dead and one of the "deceased" is alive.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/xavier-labelle-and-parker-tobin-ron-maclean-on-the-tragic-mix-up-of-the-two-humboldt-players/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This is horrific on the part of the family told their relative was alive and turned out not to be. But, a miracle to the other family.