Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings are down 3-0 but every game has been close and we've seen them come back from this position before they have this. vegus will pay for their transgressions against the crown and will be taken to the Gallows starting Tuesday. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

7 hours ago, CRichardson said:

The Leafs' mascot is a polar bear named Carlton.

cae91eab4844649eb32f821113f4dd1e--toront

Also, as awesome as the cartoon is, does it bother anyone else that the characters aren't lined up properly? They should be standing next to their opponents.

Thank you, I don't keep up on mascots, though the Aces (before they folded) also had a polar bear named Boomer who came into being after Binky the polar bear attacked a tourist at the Anchorage zoo.

17 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Well, also because the Ducks seem to do the "lose the first two at home, win the next two on the road" thing all the damned time.

Yeah, it's... not fun to experience.

I don't know what the hell their deal is, sometimes. Almost like they're weird adrenaline junkies that need to be pushed to the absolute edge to feel anything. Only when their backs are against the wall and in a tough environment, only then can they play to their ability. This will now be the 4th time in five years they've been down 2-0 at home. 2014 vs LA (7 game loss), 2016 vs Nashville (7 game loss), 2017 vs Edmonton (7 game win). See if they can't push it to 7 games again, I guess.

But this one is different to me. It's obvious how much this group misses Cam Fowler. Calming presence at the back end that can move the puck out of the zone by himself, find the open man, run a power play even a little bit. The Ducks' 3rd D pairing and 4th line have been eaten alive in this series. And really, at the end of it, San Jose has just been better. The Ducks haven't been good enough and underperformed to be sure, but the Sharks came to play. I've also found a new appreciation for the skills of Brent Burns. Holds that puck at the line and generate blue line offense with the best of them.

Can the Ducks come back? Sure. They can. They could even win the series. Not that I was really before, but I'm still not dancing around with any realistic Cup dreams. Carlyle needs to go, and there's some spare parts on this team that could use some stripping off.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

9 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalie give up four and put in as great of a performance as Bobrovsky did tonight. Didn’t deserve to win the game on the balance of everything else, but he was fantastic (which, to some extent, is always what the Jackets will need to be successful in the playoffs).

Best performance I've ever seen by a goaltender who gave up 4 goals. It was pretty ridiculous. 

9 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

I’d almost say Torts should dress a seventh defenseman if Wennberg isn’t good to go Tuesday, given he played Milano all of 3 minutes and 12 seconds.

I think Milano was a victim of situation and if there's fewer penalties in game 3 he'll get more playing time even if Torts doesn't fully trust him. Occasionally he'll get second power play unit time, but he's not going to get much in the playoffs, especially when the team is facing a multi-goal deficit. That game had so much special teams play both ways that by the time it got back to 5on5 you want to throw your best 5on5 guys out there to get them back into their rhythm. 

Key to the series for the Blue Jackets is stay out of the box and handle business at 5 on 5 which allows them to roll depth and secondary scoring from dudes like Milano. That they haven't done that and still won the first two games is an April miracle. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

No they don't, they're rounding out their roster with bums like Nick Seeler.

Seeler > Chiarot 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Frederik Anderson having a big night for the Maple Leafs. He's been there at big moments for Toronto. Bounces just haven't been going the Bruins way and that rarely ever changes mid-game. Toronto earned their win tonight. Going to be an exciting series.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

For a series that really has been so razor thin despite the current record can we at least agree that there's a bit of a finger on the scale when Doughty gets a one game suspension yet this doesn't even get a hearing let alone a penalty?

I mean, I fully admit that the Kings have reverted back to Sutter-era offensive tactics this series but we're really letting this go?

VmWIn6B.png

Andersen made the save of the playoffs, barring importance, robbing Pastrnak blind reaching behind himself and making the stop with the stick about two feet off the ground. The Bergeron line was completely stifled tonight and that's scary considering Toronto seemed to have no answers during the first 2 games. Could be either a potential huge shift in the series or just a quiet game. And yeah the better team, and much better goalie won the game. Game 4 should be a beaut.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

17 minutes ago, FGM13 said:

New Jersey’s goal song is the Gaslight Anthem’s “Howl” and that pleases me greatly.

I thought I recognized it but couldn't place it.  Never really thought I'd hear the Gaslight Anthem played as a goal song.  I definitely approve.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Nashville not exactly looking like the powerhouse they were made out to be.

Most teams are dropping Game 3 on the road, but I had questions about Rinne's mileage that are close to being answered.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived