Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

I don’t think the NHL actually hates the Caps (I’m pretty sure you were being sarcastic but I’m going to act like you weren’t because this is a great platform for one of my complaints against the league). I think the NHL designed a playoff system that gave them as many divisional matchups as possible during the playoffs, and it juuuuust so happens that Caps-Pens is usually one of them. With Pittsburgh winning. Every. Single. Time. 

WAS did avoid PIT in 2015 thanks to the Rangers, but I remember that was seen as a letdown because we were denied Rangers/Islanders one last time at Nassau.

For all the talk about WAS/PIT, we forget how many times Caps/Rangers happened (6 times in 9 years!)

Although because the Caps and Rangers split those series (3-3), maybe that's why WSH/NYR isn't as viewed by Caps fans as OH NO NOT AGAIN

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

WAS did avoid PIT in 2015 thanks to the Rangers, but I remember that was seen as a letdown because we were denied Rangers/Islanders one last time at Nassau.

For all the talk about WAS/PIT, we forget how many times Caps/Rangers happened (6 times in 9 years!)

Although because the Caps and Rangers split those series (3-3), maybe that's why WSH/NYR isn't as viewed by Caps fans as OH NO NOT AGAIN

Hit the nail on the head. 

Also the reason we don’t think about the Caps-Rangers series happening so often is because they were essentially random iirc. They just happened to match up with each other. These Caps-Pens series feel very calculated and deliberate by the league. 

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Well Leafs...you've proven you're not as outmatched by this Bruins team as many thought you would be. You can hang. It'll be an uphill battle but....

ZWoBm7l.gif

The Bruins and/or Boston definitely do not need another championship. Go Leafs!

11 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The Bruins and/or Boston definitely do not need another championship. Go Leafs!

Speek fuh yaself, loosah!!!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Wild-Jets got ugly in a hurry. There was just nothing there without Parise and Suter. Glad this one will be a gentleman's sweep so that the fans can celebrate at the arena.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Wild-Jets got ugly in a hurry. There was just nothing there without Parise and Suter. Glad this one will be a gentleman's sweep so that the fans can celebrate at the arena.

For once, this playoff exit isn't on Boudreau. Can't blame him this year.

We blame him for choking with stacked teams. He didn't exactly have a full deck to work with.

Just realized Colorado’s goalie is that Hamburglar dude that was really good for like a half of a season in Ottawa. Always wondered what happened to him. 

spacer.png

lol, turns out Subban was responsible for the game-tying goal, too, he lost his man because he tried to get blown up on an open-ice hit without anyone remotely close enough to make contact with him so he just wound up lying on the ice face-down like a drunk while the Avs scored. What a schmuck.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

So who chokes now? 

Predators or Penguins? 

C'mon we gotta have at least 1 upset in the first round! 

As much I'd obviously love it, the Flyers will not beat the Penguins. 

Archived