Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, speedy said:

IceCap, what's your take on his performance?

He had to step up. No other way to say it. You need everyone firing on all cylinders if you want to best a team as talented as the Bruins, and Matthews just wasn't.

Even though I've been bandwagoning this team since May 31st, 2011, I wasn't prepared for how emotionally invested I'd be in this series. I want, no, need the Jets to destroy the Predators and I will be an inconsolable mess if they can't. They can do this. Rinne has been fallible. Subban can be an idiot. Johansen is a fat lazy turd. It can happen.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This has been an excellent game so far. Early goal from Kuznetsov was get outta your seat exciting but the goalies have been terrific. 1-0 after 2 even though it could easily be 4-3. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

What do you have to do to beat these Pens? Have a goalie go 2010 Halak?

Not be the Capitals

When the game tying goal is being blocked with the inside of Matt Murray’s blocker, it’s hopeless. 

spacer.png

I truly believe that it would take Crosby or Sullivan or some other major Penguins leader to come out with bulletin board material the level of “it doesn’t matter what we do or how poorly we play, we’ll always beat them because they’re the Caps and they can’t do crap against us” for Washington to go super saiyan enough to win the series. And even then Crosby would net a Game 7 PP GWG in OT because Tom Wilson punched Matt Murray in the head while 3 officials were looking straight at him. 

spacer.png

Archived