Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I'll be pulling for Washington moving forward, but I'm concerned they expended too much energy both physically and emotionally in finally beating Pittsburgh

I disagree.

if they won in 7, maybe.

but TB and WAS clinched 1 day apart, so it’s not like a rest/rust situation.

1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

If Washington gets to the Cup Finals; and loses 4-2 to Vegas (let's face it; it's probably going to be Vegas vs. TB/WAS), then I wouldn't call them 'chokers' anymore; but they need to at least get back to the ECF in 2019 I think to attempt to fully shed the choker label.

Probably is an awfully strong word. I won't be shocked if it's Vegas, but the WCF will be the first time, this playoffs, that the Knights face a team with depth that at least equals their own.

Depth and Fleury are the 2 biggest strengths Vegas has going for them. Quick did as good a job as MAF, but depth was a difference maker.

If it's Winnipeg, I give the goalie edge to the Jets, depth to the Knights.

With Nashville, goalie edge to Vegas, and depth to the Preds.

Either way, the next round should be the toughest matchup Vegas has seen, yet. That plus relative inexperience gives them the low ground, as I see it (slightly more so, versus Nashville).

Like I said, I'm about 60/40 on Central advancing, if it's the Preds. 55/45 versus the Jets. Can the Knights do it? Sure, but acting like it's a foregone conclusion seems pretty foolish.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

For the rational people, Washington will shed the choker label with a good performance against Tampa unless they give up a 3-1 series lead or something. For the Twitter hot take artists, the Caps will need to win the whole thing and maybe even do more in the future. 

46 minutes ago, LMU said:

What the hell? Headline writer got a bit jumpy.

It's four paragraphs that essentially say "the Knights are winning and the players are nice!" followed by a collection of photos.

giphy.gif

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

9 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

What the hell? Headline writer got a bit jumpy.

It's four paragraphs that essentially say "the Knights are winning and the players are nice!" followed by a collection of photos.

giphy.gif

Then you look through the pictures and several of them are just advertising stunts.  Wow, the company that built the arena is doing Knight-related stuff!  Hey, a car dealer is getting gimmicky! 

Plus, some of the fans wearing crazy crap shots are what happens to every team on a playoff run.  I remember the shots from the 2002 World Series with kids dressed as Rally Monkeys.  It's nothing special.

VmWIn6B.png

On the NHL's official site, there is an article being promoted on the slideshow entitled "Penguins look to future after playoff loss."  That's fine.  It's just that that article is ahead of the article entitled "Ovechkin gets first taste of Eastern final."

I wonder if Gary Bettman cried himself to sleep last night.  McGuire probably did too.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, LMU said:

Bruh.

I love this team. Vegas loves this team. Especially for what it means to the city after October 1, but that writer has lost her marbles. An impossible season fueled by great tragedy makes a great story, but it don’t make us Hockeytown.

Gotta win some cups and build a legacy to lay claim to that title, and the truth is we may get bounced in the next round anyhow. Pass the weed Mikayla.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

The Chicago/Pittsburgh/Boston/Los Angeles Tyranny is finally over :D

And yet we'll still probably see one of those four win another Cup before the Canucks win their first.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, CRichardson said:

And yet we'll still probably see one of those four win another Cup before the Canucks win their first.

And those who are sympathetic to the Booins still haven't had their butts properly kicked around the moon for 2011 yet.

> = P

Archived