Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Washington DC hasn't had a major sports championship since the Redskins last Super Bowl win in the 1991 season. You already know it's going to happen.

Capitals fans rioting? and risking their nebulous desk jobs?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In a bit of brutal irony, a carbon copy of that happened in Calgary, in that net, in the 3rd period of a playoff game eleven years later, and even with actual review taking place, they couldn't determine in 2015 if it was a goal. If they couldn't figure it out with 2015 technology, 2004 technology certainly wasn't good enough.

No apologies, ever. Besides, the Lightning have done their fair share now of dicking themselves in the later rounds of the playoffs since then. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

has it been 14 years since this (still think it was a goal)

no

signed
a flames fan

EDIT: Speaking seriously, I absolutely HATE the fact that 14 years later there's a depressing amount of Flames fans who still can't accept that Marty didn't score there. It absolutely grinds my gears. Like I get it, Gelinas scoring the series winning goal for every series that year would've been an incredible story, but he just didn't. There's no anti-Canadian conspiracy, it just wasn't conclusive enough to overturn the "no goal" call - compare the one diagonal camera that maybe showed the puck over the line to the 3-4 straight angles that didn't.

Besides, the Lightning rising out of the dumpster fire that was the Kokusai Green era and becoming the best team in hockey, led by a player the Flames themselves gave up on for being too short (lol Craig Button), was also a very good story. (Less so is the league capitalising on one of their beloved Sunbelt teams pulling through and winning it all... by locking the players out and cancelling the entire next season. Oh NHL, you're the TNA Wrestling of pro sports.)

Sorry if it seems like I'm jumping down your throat on this, goalieboy, but after 14 years of hearing "it was in but the league rigged it" I'm just tired of hearing about it. I wish my team's fanbase would let it go and move on; now if only the team would actually give us something to move on to...

38 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No still has ever enticed me to press play less than that one.

Yeah, I'll pass on seeing pumped-up knockoff Jay and Silent Bob.

VmWIn6B.png

49 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No still has ever enticed me to press play less than that one.

I watched it. It was pretty much what you’d expect.

“Rah-rah go get em goooo Vegas!” 

spacer.png

I’m going to be busy most of tonight and won’t get to watch the game until probably around 10:00. It’s definitely a bummer, games are obviously better live and now I’ll have to avoid my phone until I get caught up. Plus I like live-posting my reactions :P

spacer.png

This is the first year since 2001 that I haven't watched a minute of the Stanley Cup Final. Even bummers like Carolina-Edmonton and Anaheim-Ottawa, I caught a couple minutes, but I'm holding steady at zero on this one. I don't think I'll even watch the Cup presentation.

11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

This is the first year since 2001 that I haven't watched a minute of the Stanley Cup Final. Even bummers like Carolina-Edmonton and Anaheim-Ottawa, I caught a couple minutes, but I'm holding steady at zero on this one. I don't think I'll even watch the Cup presentation.

Why?... because you hate the city of Las Vegas? Too bad. You're missing some good hockey.

1 hour ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Why?... because you hate the city of Las Vegas? Too bad. You're missing some good hockey.

Indeed he is. This Cup final has had some really good hockey. I assume it’s better than the last two because the Penguins suck all fun and energy out of everything ever, but I can’t really speak from experience as I couldn’t bear to watch them win. 

spacer.png

I enjoyed the '16 Final. Didn't watch much of '17 but made sure to catch the BFIHs lose their crap at the end of the last game.

3 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I’m going to be busy most of tonight and won’t get to watch the game until probably around 10:00. It’s definitely a bummer, games are obviously better live and now I’ll have to avoid my phone until I get caught up. Plus I like live-posting my reactions :P

do this enough times and it eventually becomes a really easy habit. Several Lightning games this postseason I watched on a tape delayed basis. Besides, if you can cut through the commercials and intermissions you can watch the game in much less time. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

do this enough times and it eventually becomes a really easy habit. Several Lightning games this postseason I watched on a tape delayed basis. Besides, if you can cut through the commercials and intermissions you can watch the game in much less time. 

Oh yeah. I’ve had to do it a few times this postseason and I love skipping through stoppages and intermissions. 

But the live-posting rants will be sorely missed (by me, I’m sure you lot are celebrating ?). 

spacer.png

Archived