Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Who do you think feels more WHY DID I LEAVE THE CAPS right now- Alzner, Justin Williams, or Shattenkirk?

Mike Green

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

13 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Who do you think feels more WHY DID I LEAVE THE CAPS right now- Alzner, Justin Williams, or Shattenkirk?

Alzner.

spacer.png

Congratulations to the Caps and their fans.  As a Kings fan I know what it’s like to wait a long time to see your team win the Cup, so I’m happy for guys that you got to experience this, and it’s nice to see Ovechkin finally get one.

38 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

Youre right. It is stupid. But one day, one freaking day, for us at least, it won’t be.

Thats what I tell myself at night. 

This is a feeling I know all too well.

But damned if it doesn't feel great to see a team you don't despise win the big one for the first time since 2001.

5 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

My official prediction: the GWG tonight is scored by a bottom six forward. 

And what a GWG it was. Talk about exorcising demons. The Caps getting a lucky break on a shot initially saved by Marc-Andre Fleury, which is hammered home by a guy they got for essentially peanuts from Montreal? Perfect. 

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Justin Williams gonna be just fine I think.

cut.png

justin_williams.jpg

justin_williams.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

29 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

And what a GWG it was. Talk about exorcising demons. The Caps getting a lucky break on a shot initially saved by Marc-Andre Fleury, which is hammered home by a guy they got for essentially peanuts from Montreal? Perfect. 

Eller was pretty good in Montreal and the city here is very happy for his & DSP's Cup win & that he scored the Cup winning goal on top of that!

Sometimes, players prepare to their fullest to shut down a team's top line. They don't expect sparks from the bottom 6, so that's what happens.

1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

Eller was pretty good here in Montreal and the city here is very happy for his & DSP's Cup win & that he scored the Cup winning goal on top of that!

Sometimes, players prepare to their fullest to shut down a team's top line. They don't expect sparks from the bottom 6, so that's what happens.

Oh I’m not doubting that. Was always a fan of Eller even when he was in Montreal. But two second rounders is nothing for a third line center that scores, checks, is on the second PP unit and kills penalties. He also filled in for Backstrom brilliantly while he was out. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Oh I’m not doubting that. Was always a fan of Eller even when he was in Montreal. But two second rounders is nothing for a third line center that scores, checks, is on the second PP unit and kills penalties. He also filled in for Backstrom brilliantly while he was out. 

As a Habs fan, I can confirm that our fans have, justifiably, a ton of issues with our team's management on so many levels. The Habs lost out on that move and the Caps benifited from it.

For now, I'm just enjoying these playoffs, finals, and post-game stuff because it was very entertaining.

On 5/1/2018 at 11:00 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I'll believe the Caps will beat the Penguins when they've actually done it. Until then? I'm convinced Pittsburgh will find a way to pull it out.

It's nothing personal, Caps fans. I don't actually have anything against you guys or your team. Olaf Kolzig was pretty cool, after all. I'm just saying. I've become jaded and cynical regarding this team in the playoffs. Prove me wrong, Capitals. Prove me wrong.

Good job guys :)

D.C. finally gets a champion after so long! And it's nice to see Ovechkin finally get his moment after 14(!) years.

It's funny... this is the first time I see one of my local teams win a championship. I bet all the bars in the area were crazy, and I bet the viewing party at Capital One was downright chaos. There's going to be a lot of happy people around here after that.

Woo! Washington won! Ovie finally got his hands on Lord Stanley's Cup!

The Capitals long Legacy of Failure is over.

From an 8-67-5 expansion year to a Stanley Cup Champion almost 45 years later; all those heartbreaks, playoff collapses and chokes. Washed away. No more [censored] Penguins memes, no more "Ovi won't win the Cup", no more "Legacy of Failure".

No more.

Congrats Ovi and Co., you guys deserved this. The city deserved it. Vegas's Cinderella run might be over, but they may be back. They now know what it takes to get here again, now all eyes are going to be on them. Will they crack under the pressure? Or, will they rise up and prove everyone wrong again?

Washington now knows they have the mental fortitude to get here. I'll be honest, I turned my back on them after they got down 0-2 to Columbus. When Pittsburgh came back from a 2-goal deficit in Game 1. When Tampa roared to three straight wins in the ECF.

However, when Vegas went up 1-0 in the SCF, I didn't feel extremely worried. Washington had a few pucks bounce the wrong way, that luck then seemed to flip-flop over to Vegas. And when Holtby made that now-famous save; it seemed to take almost all of Vegas's wind of out their sails. They couldn't find the net in Game 4, and they played very chippy.

The Perron goal is to me, sketchy; interference to me. But, that goal was a microcosm of previous Capitals' frustrations. And going down into the penultimate period down 3-2, they got back up off the mat and delivered the finishing blow on a beautiful goal by Eller.

Congratulations to both Washington and Vegas on a fantastic season of hockey. Hope to see the Caps back in SCF again next year!

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I've already bought a shirt and a towel for my Stanley Cup swag. I'm already looking at possibly spending over $100 on Caps Cups swag.

This is the first team I've rooted for win their league's Championship since the Dallas Stars in 1999, but I was a little too young to remember anything besides the controversial "skate in the crease" goal.

If I'm spending this much; imagine what more diehard fans would/are going to spend @Crabcake47

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

2 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I've already bought a shirt and a towel for my Stanley Cup swag. I'm already looking at possibly spending over $100 on Caps Cups swag.

This is the first team I've rooted for win their league's Championship since the Dallas Stars in 1999, but I was a little too young to remember anything besides the controversial "skate in the crease" goal.

If I'm spending this much; imagine what guys like @Crabcake47

Oh yeah dude. I’m already looking at dropping $200 on the jersey with the Cup final patch. Debating between Backstrom and Oshie. 

spacer.png

Archived