Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

That Met building across the street is interesting. It looks like a concert hall but there's no fixed seating, so it's really more like a two-tiered ballroom. But it only seems to have been rehabilitated within the last couple of years. Stop the presses: a sports arena spurred development once!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what a game. I don't know if Andersen stole it or Rask giftwrapped it, maybe a little bit of both. Bruins came out like Claude Julien was still behind the bench then out of nowhere pivoted back to their usual style of play and Andersen just stood on his head, hell of a performance.

On another note - the refs in this Leafs/Bruins series have been atrocious, almost embarrassingly bad. And as a Bruins fans I'm not just saying that, it's been called equally as bad for both sides.. very little consistency, missed penalties on both teams. The most glaring issues have been icings and faceoffs.

HUGE shocker as the refs blow an obvious tripping call on Pittsburgh and they take a 2 goal lead seconds later. And the NBCSN crew is trying to justify it. Sickening. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I'm sorry, Crabcake, but.... I hope the Blue Jackets win this series.

I just can't excited for Caps/Pens Part Infinity

As a Caps fan it’s hard to get excited for Caps-Pens part infinity

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

And the NBCSN crew is trying to justify it. Sickening. 

Wouldnt expect anything less from Pierre McGuire. When fans started throwing stuff on the ice he said they needed more security. Has he never been to Philly before? These are the same people who threw snowballs at Santa at an Eagles game. You would have to assign a security person for everyone in the arena. I dont normally advocate throwing stuff on the ice but the way the officials handled the last few minutes I say it was justified.

Signature intentionally left blank

31 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Wouldnt expect anything less from Pierre McGuire. When fans started throwing stuff on the ice he said they needed more security. Has he never been to Philly before? These are the same people who threw snowballs at Santa at an Eagles game. You would have to assign a security person for everyone in the arena. I dont normally advocate throwing stuff on the ice but the way the officials handled the last few minutes I say it was justified.

could the home team forfeit if something like that happens way to often (maybe a player gets hurt).  waiting for the day in which a star gets hurt and the league makes the home team forfeit.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

3 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

could the home team forfeit if something like that happens way to often (maybe a player gets hurt).  waiting for the day in which a star gets hurt and the league makes the home team forfeit.  

Honestly surprised the officials didnt call a delay of game on the Flyers.

Signature intentionally left blank

7 hours ago, DiePerske said:

give me regular icing or give me no touch, I dont care. This inbetween is terrible

Agreed. The invisible icing line never really held up. Linesmen just call the icing when it seems like a good time to call it. Feels too pickup game to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just read that FLyers Sean Couturier played the last to games with a torn MCL.  They said that it doesn't need surgery, and in the regular season it's a 4-week recovery.

Why is it that hockey players can play on torn MCLs, and I even think there was a goalie that played with an ACL, but for any other sport, it's surgery and a lost season?  I'm not buying "hockey tough".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived