ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

Wow.

This Bruins team is certainly bipolar. The Garden was rocking before the game and the Bruins played the first two periods...lifeless. Very little urgency in their play until the 3rd period (when they came out like a team possessed) when they needed to be and Andersen steals another game for the Leafs. He played great. Weird to think the Bruins would have had about 10+ more shots if Pastrnak and Marchand didn't try to toe drag their way to missed opportunities. Fourth line played great, despite the dumb nicknames Doc Emerick was saddling them with. I hope the benching of Rask lit a fire in Tuukka's ass. Congratulations, you finally stood out in a playoff game, but an elite goaltender does more than have just one good game.

I don't see the Bruins winning in Toronto. This game is going back to Boston for 7. Which means, 100%, the game will be decided in overtime.

And this is just round 1. Amazing scene in Winnipeg!

DbWnM45XkAAaKxJ.jpg

That Met building across the street is interesting. It looks like a concert hall but there's no fixed seating, so it's really more like a two-tiered ballroom. But it only seems to have been rehabilitated within the last couple of years. Stop the presses: a sports arena spurred development once!

John Tortorella thinks he's Messier, guarantee's the Jackets will force game 7

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

John Tortorella thinks he's Messier,

This could go down any number of wayward paths, couldn't it.

Wow, what a game. I don't know if Andersen stole it or Rask giftwrapped it, maybe a little bit of both. Bruins came out like Claude Julien was still behind the bench then out of nowhere pivoted back to their usual style of play and Andersen just stood on his head, hell of a performance.

On another note - the refs in this Leafs/Bruins series have been atrocious, almost embarrassingly bad. And as a Bruins fans I'm not just saying that, it's been called equally as bad for both sides.. very little consistency, missed penalties on both teams. The most glaring issues have been icings and faceoffs.

8 minutes ago, speedy said:

The most glaring issues have been icings...

Hybrid icing is terrible, so of course it’s what the NHL opted for. 

54 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Hybrid icing is terrible, so of course it’s what the NHL opted for. 

give me regular icing or give me no touch, I dont care. This inbetween is terrible

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

give me regular icing or give me no touch

If Patrick Henry existed today and watched hockey.

HUGE shocker as the refs blow an obvious tripping call on Pittsburgh and they take a 2 goal lead seconds later. And the NBCSN crew is trying to justify it. Sickening. 

I'm sorry, Crabcake, but.... I hope the Blue Jackets win this series.

I just can't excited for Caps/Pens Part Infinity

3 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I'm sorry, Crabcake, but.... I hope the Blue Jackets win this series.

I just can't excited for Caps/Pens Part Infinity

As a Caps fan it’s hard to get excited for Caps-Pens part infinity

It almost feels like when it comes to the East, I'm always rooting for the Lightning in the end. Here we go again.

Is Jake Guentzel this good or is he just a product of playing with this roster?

Put him on the Coyotes..... I doubt he's doing stuff like this.

22 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

And the NBCSN crew is trying to justify it. Sickening. 

Wouldnt expect anything less from Pierre McGuire. When fans started throwing stuff on the ice he said they needed more security. Has he never been to Philly before? These are the same people who threw snowballs at Santa at an Eagles game. You would have to assign a security person for everyone in the arena. I dont normally advocate throwing stuff on the ice but the way the officials handled the last few minutes I say it was justified.

31 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Wouldnt expect anything less from Pierre McGuire. When fans started throwing stuff on the ice he said they needed more security. Has he never been to Philly before? These are the same people who threw snowballs at Santa at an Eagles game. You would have to assign a security person for everyone in the arena. I dont normally advocate throwing stuff on the ice but the way the officials handled the last few minutes I say it was justified.

could the home team forfeit if something like that happens way to often (maybe a player gets hurt).  waiting for the day in which a star gets hurt and the league makes the home team forfeit.  

3 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

could the home team forfeit if something like that happens way to often (maybe a player gets hurt).  waiting for the day in which a star gets hurt and the league makes the home team forfeit.  

Honestly surprised the officials didnt call a delay of game on the Flyers.